Tinker Tone Records

Get in on the ground floor...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Tinker Tone Records

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Kali Durga wrote:This one's great fun, Shane. Very cool :)
Thanks, Kali! I do have some left, gonna shine some more light on them when October is officially here. I love this release.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:...gonna shine some more light on them ...

Seriously, that thing lit up my whole turntable.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Fun fact! Kevin Weist of The GrooveBarbers composed the infamous cockroach songs for the MTV feature film musical Joe's Apartment. Funky Towel, anyone?

P.S. I still have a couple Graveyard Glow variants of "Zombie Jamboree" up for grabs in the Tinker Tone shop, for the foot-draggers.

www.tinkertone.com
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

We're well into the witching month now, friends and foes. Time for a mid-October surprise!

The GrooveBarbers were kind enough to sign a few covers for friends, family and those who helped with this release. But we ended up with one extra. And it could be yours! The signed cover will be randomly inserted into ONE order made over the next 48 hours (from 9:30 AM CST, 10/17/16 to 9:30 AM CST, 10/19/16) only from the Tinker Tone Records online shop! (http://www.tinkertone.com)

Already have one? Buy one for a pal! Put it in their Halloween stockings. (sure, it's a thing)

This is the only signed cover we'll be making available to the public from Tinker Tone Records. Good luck!

floydthebarber125
Little Bird

Post by floydthebarber125 »

Love that, label without labels. I have an extremely tiny record label that really does nothing.
Remember that one time Salvador Dali made a brain for Alice Cooper?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Graveyard Glow variants are all gone. If you bought one, thank you very much. This is truly a labor of love and if I lost too much money on these releases I wouldn't be able to do anymore. As it stands, looks like I'll be good for another around Spring. Thanks again!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

That's great Shane !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Oh wow. Woody was the last to comment on this thread. So strange he's not around anymore. He was always incredibly generous in his dealings with me. And he was so supportive of Tinker Tone. Seeing that post, I wanted to take a second to recognize him before I hocked my wares. Miss ya', Woody!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

My tiny little label does have a new release this morning from Canadian artist Taylor Abrahamse. I first discovered him on YouTube quite a while back and I've always found his music intriguing and so damn catchy. This is his first time on vinyl and it's some recordings from around 10 years ago. He has a new studio album coming out next year produced with Eddie Kramer and I can't wait to hear that one. But these songs are the ones that caught my attention all those years ago. Anyway, here's the "press release" and a photo, along with a link if you feel like giving me your money. Thanks, all!

Tinker Tone Records is proud to present the very first vinyl release from Canadian wunderkind Taylor Abrahamse!

Taylor's music has been on our radar around 10 years, since the early wild west days of YouTube. He writes and records with the energy and commitment of a man possessed. With hundreds of original tunes in his repertoire, his output is truly unlike any we've ever heard. At one moment bouncing off the walls bonkers and the next achingly insightful. He is a guitar virtuoso with an incredibly unique, instantly recognizable voice.

In fact, Taylor is also an accomplished voiceover artist. He has voiced many roles, including the lead characters in YTV's "The Stanley Dynamic" and Disney's "Fangbone" (for which he also wrote the theme song). Universal Kids recently announced they have picked up "Norman Picklestripes", another show featuring Taylor as part of its cast. On and on. The guy stays busy, what can we say?

It was tough deciding which songs from his massive back catalog to release on a tiny 7-inch record. I mean, he once released a massive 60-track demo compilation of original songs with the understated title "Here's Some Songs". And since that was our introduction to Taylor as a songwriter, we decided to pull three tracks from that release ("Good Things Come", "Uphill" and "Lady Music"). We also pulled a track ("Everything Wants To Rhyme") from a collection of songs only before available on a mysterious self-burned CD left around York University campus in Toronto as part of the "Hyphenates" collective. All four of these tracks have been newly-remastered and are available here for the first time on vinyl.

Taylor's music has meant a lot to us over the years. He was very nearly our first release back in 2016 but the fates intervened. Well, the stars have finally aligned and it is sincerely our honor to have him and these tracks on a Tinker Tone release.

Presented on standard black (limited to 150 copies) and Bright Side Yellow (limited to only 50 copies), these will go fast. As you know, Tinker Tone is committed to never repressing any of our releases so when these are gone they're gone. Don't miss it!

AVAILABLE AUGUST 13, 2019 EXCLUSIVELY FROM:

The Tinker Tone Shop
www.tinkertone.com

And in-person from Taylor Abrahamse himself!