Tinker Tone Records

Get in on the ground floor...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: Tinker Tone Records

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Congratulations Shane! I hope it went off spectacularly. Got my variants....
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Congratulations Shane! I hope it went off spectacularly. Got my variants....
Awesome! That was intense at first. Shopify had my weights set all wrong so people weren't able to check out properly. Had to shut down the site for 10 minutes while I sorted it out. After that it was smooth sailing. Exceeded my goal for day one sales too! So thank you very, very much for helping me get there. :)
westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Post by westnashguy »

Hate that I was late to the game, but I bought a copy of each yesterday. Good luck with the label! :)
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

westnashguy wrote:Hate that I was late to the game, but I bought a copy of each yesterday. Good luck with the label! :)
Right on! Thanks, man!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I've been a fan of Sean Altman's a cappella arrangements ever since I bought the soundtrack to the PBS gameshow "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego". I missed him once he left Rockapella but he's up to his old tricks again with the GrooveBarbers. His arrangements here feel just as fun and familiar as when I was a kid. This project means a great deal to me. I'm very proud of this one, guys.

Tinker Tone is bringing back the novelty Halloween record. Recognize.

Remember those old Halloween novelty records? When the chill of October blows through, we all dust off “Monster Mash”, “Haunted House” or “I Put A Spell On You”. We dance around with the windows open to “Purple People Eater” , “Witch Doctor” and “Love Potion #9”. But the list of Halloween songs isn’t so long. We need more tunes spinning when October rolls around, so we here at Tinker Tone Records would like to add to this grand tradition.

Therefore, we are proud to announce a new Halloween classic! The fiendishly jubilant “Zombie Jamboree” by a cappella supergroup The GrooveBarbers!

An a cappella supergroup? Sounds paradoxical, absurd, perhaps even dangerous; indeed, The GrooveBarbers is all these things. Each member of this all-vocal powerhouse quartet is a bona fide star in his own right: Sean Altman, Charlie Evett and Steve Keyes are former members of the pioneering contemporary a cappella group Rockapella, and Kevin Weist is a renowned bald vocal guru. Collectively they have established themselves as the "go to" vocal group for rock, doo-wop, jazz and even (no way!) barbershop!

On the A-side, for the first time on vinyl, is Altman’s famed signature a cappella arrangement of Halloween favorite “Zombie Jamboree”. Engineered to perfection by Jeff Thacher (Ninjapella Productions) and presented here in its definitive form, this spin is perfect for those cool October nights.

The B-side contains a performance of Altman’s fun, energetic a cappella arrangement of the 1959 Del Vikings classic “Flat Tire”. Drop the needle and try to resist dancing and clapping along. We dare you.

Available on standard black vinyl, of course (you know, for the audiophiles). But the limited variant for this release marks Tinker Tone’s first entry in our annual Halloween glow-in-the-dark “Graveyard Glow” series! A new glow-in-the-dark Halloween release every year!

Own “Zombie Jamboree” September 20th, available exclusively from Tinker Tone Records and live in-person from The GrooveBarbers themselves.

Come knocking September 20th… if you dare!

Tinker Tone Records:
http://www.tinkertone.com
http://www.facebook.com/tinkertonerecords

The GrooveBarbers:
http://www.groovebarbers.com
http://www.facebook.com/groovebarbers
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Groovy !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I need this.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I let the record sit beside a window sill for 10 minutes then photographed it in total darkness. Undoctored image, straight from the camera. Glow, baby. Glow.

westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Post by westnashguy »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I let the record sit beside a window sill for 10 minutes then photographed it in total darkness. Undoctored image, straight from the camera. Glow, baby. Glow.

Very nice!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Great write-up for this one, Shane. Makes me wish it was October already.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

The dead have arrived! And they brought drinks!

The sale is live! Go, go, go!

http://www.tinkertone.com

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Wheeeee, one glowing a capella graveyard tune on the way. Thanks, Shane!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Kali Durga wrote:Wheeeee, one glowing a capella graveyard tune on the way. Thanks, Shane!
It's a great song for Halloween. I think you'll really like it.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This one's great fun, Shane. Very cool :)