Mondo

Get in on the ground floor...
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Mondo

Post by scoliosispony »

Just noticed there was no Mondo thread. How'd that happen? I love the scores they've been putting out. Listening to Jurassic Park right now. Hoping they get some more John Williams stuff pressed. E.T. would be awesome. What would y'all like to hear next from Mondo? And have any of y'all grabbed any of those MondoCon test pressings? They blind packed 200 tests of everything they've done so far. Interesting way to do it, at least I think so.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Mondo

Post by trickster »

I was thinking to make a new thread for mondo vinyl the other day.
We definitely need one.

I own a few of their releases.
Animated Batman Series 7" are my favorites so far.

And this one (thanks to two awesome ladies)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

They definitely deserve their own thread! Mondo is a beast. Immense love for them and for Death Waltz, and now that both of the record labels are going to be operated by Spencer Hickman, things are only gonna get better.
A friend hooked me up with a test pressing, but I still haven't been able to meet up to get it, so no idea what it is. It's torture.
I remember walking into their little store (before they moved into the gallery) and picking up Maniac (Mondo-001) and thinking that the vinyl thing would probably flop. It's insane how much momentum the soundtrack game has gotten over the past few years. Horror soundtracks alone are getting pressed at ridiculous rates.

The upcoming Batman gallery is gonna f-ing rule.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

Hamptonio wrote:They definitely deserve their own thread! Mondo is a beast. Immense love for them and for Death Waltz, and now that both of the record labels are going to be operated by Spencer Hickman, things are only gonna get better.
A friend hooked me up with a test pressing, but I still haven't been able to meet up to get it, so no idea what it is. It's torture.
I remember walking into their little store (before they moved into the gallery) and picking up Maniac (Mondo-001) and thinking that the vinyl thing would probably flop. It's insane how much momentum the soundtrack game has gotten over the past few years. Horror soundtracks alone are getting pressed at ridiculous rates.

The upcoming Batman gallery is gonna f-ing rule.
They're fun to listen to. I like spinning Halloween. I often regret not grabbing the glow in the dark Poltergeist LP two years ago on RSD. Someone just sold both Maniac variants on ebay today for $150, which probably wasn't a bad deal but I'm saving up in case I get an email about the second Syro ballot. :)

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

If the maniac sold for $150 that was steal! Sold mine (black) for $300 last year.
If anyone is looking for a mystery test press though let me know.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
HammerOfTheGods
Little Cream Soda

Post by HammerOfTheGods »

My brother-in-law has a few Mondo releases. He got one of the hot pink Drive presses that they randomly shipped to people that ordered the record (is that how they do all their variants?). He also has the Halloween and the Maniac releases. I love the packaging of their stuff, the artwork is always increible.
Is the Maniac, that you sold for $300, the soundtrack for the original movie, or the remake?
I play dumb like Columbo, and get my feelings hurt and move to New York like I'm Dumbo
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

HammerOfTheGods wrote:My brother-in-law has a few Mondo releases. He got one of the hot pink Drive presses that they randomly shipped to people that ordered the record (is that how they do all their variants?). He also has the Halloween and the Maniac releases. I love the packaging of their stuff, the artwork is always increible.
Is the Maniac, that you sold for $300, the soundtrack for the original movie, or the remake?
original.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

New vinyl preorder up, details on the blog.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

ochfish707 wrote:New vinyl preorder up, details on the blog.
Thanks for supporting my site! Yeah I have all the info on the new Guardians of the Galaxy up on Dailyvinyl.net !
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

Stl_ben wrote:
ochfish707 wrote:New vinyl preorder up, details on the blog.
Thanks for supporting my site! Yeah I have all the info on the new Guardians of the Galaxy up on Dailyvinyl.net !
sorry ben, i meant this blog http://blog.mondotees.com/
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

How long 'til we get a vinyl release for PTA's, "There Will Be Blood"?
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

maxman142001 wrote:How long 'til we get a vinyl release for PTA's, "There Will Be Blood"?
That would be sweet

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Shaun of the Dead up!
I only just remembered to check the site again and the red version had already sold out, but I went with the standard
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414215215.938325.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Does anyone know when the Shaun OST will ship?
They mentioned it somewhere, but I can't remember when they said.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”