Flippin Records

Get in on the ground floor...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Flippin Records

Post by arewhyehen »

http://flippinrecords.blogspot.ca/

https://www.facebook.com/flippinrecords/timeline

arewhyehen wrote:The first batch is in from the pressing plant....

Time for a free giveaway...

flip001 reseize.jpg
One (1) winner will receive a test pressing of FLIP001 - Jonny Halifax & The Howling Truth.

One (1) runner up will receive a promotional copy of FLIP001 - Jonny Halifax & The Howling Truth.

How to Enter:

1) "Like" our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/flippinrecords

2) Find our contest post and "like" for a signle entry into the draw. Share the contest photo with your friends for two additional entries (a total of 3).

The contest will run until Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 8pm EST. Winners will be notified via Facebook promply after contest closing.

Best of luck to all!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by arewhyehen on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Flippin Records

Post by arewhyehen »

One of our very own swirlers and a very good friend of mine is starting up a new label. I have heard some of the music coming down the pipeline and I am very excited for it all to go down.

Jamie has already already started up with some merch to promote the label which can be purchased at the links above, but look forward to come killer music on some crazy looking vinyl soon. The test presses look and sound incredible....trust me. :D

Guitar Picks..
FR GP.jpg
Stickers and Business Cards..
FR ST.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Flippin Records is proud to announce that our first release will be a single for the track Fever Rising by Jonny Halifax and The Howling Truth!

Birmingham-born Jonny Halifax (vocals, lap steel, harmonica, rhythm machine) and musical partner Marvin (illustrator and painter Martin Kingdom, who tackles guitar and percussion) conjure an unholy brew of Suicide, Captain Beefheart and sonic drone on "Fever Rising", which is taken from their monolithic 13-track album on Greasy Noise, "The Bestial Floor", and features Mark Lanegan collaborator Duke Garwood on free jazz clarinet. "The Bestial Floor" comes across as akin to prime Black Sabbath re-tooling the Delta blues in a deserted Black Country steelworks, with Hammer horror cinematography. The album was titled after a line from "The Magi" by the poet WB Yeats, a member of Aleister Crowley's Order of the Golden Dawn, and follows on thematically and sonically from Jonny's lauded debut full-length outing, "Invocation of the Demon Other", released under the moniker Honkeyfinger some five years back, and last year's cassette-only, litho-clad "Beasts" EP…

So what has TAFKAH (The Artist Formerly Known As Honkeyfinger) been doing, apart from working as a film editor with the likes of Julien Temple and hunkering down alongside Marvin in The Howling Truth's sonic bunker, which is chockfull of vintage synths, fuzz machines, valve amps and more aural weapons of choice? Well, the stylishly disheveled duo have hit the road across the UK and Europe, melting minds and faces while touring with the likes of The Jim Jones Revue and Captain Beefheart's Magic Band, and also stormed such festivals as Trip Out (Bedfordshire) and Simon Says (Leicester). Along the way, they've recruited such stellar fans as Tom 'Son of John Peel' Ravenscroft (BBC Radio 6), former Ride linchpin Mark Gardener (who mixed "The Bestial Floor") and the aforementioned Lord Yatesbury. Jonny also found time to contribute to albums by Orange Goblin and Andrew Weatherall's Two Lone Swordsmen, and he's also about to play on a set by Baby Godzilla.

Vive le Rock magazine described "The Bestial Floor" as "an unholy amalgam of minimalistic industrial noise crossed with acid blues and psychedelic punk", stating "it's patently obvious that this is a debut of colossal proportions" and mentioning Al Jourgensen, Jon Spencer and Nine Inch Nails fer good measure. That's a pretty good encapsulation of the primal appeal of "Fever Rising" and its parent album, but for the full effect, just press play or drop the needle to conjure the best nightmares you've never had...

FLIP001 includes the previously released track Fever Rising and an unreleased instrumental track The Sloth. This release has it all: variant vinyl, hand printed variant covers that are meant to be unfolded and framed, slipmats, buttons and a completest box set! Here is a more detailed list.

The variant edition will be on bong colored vinyl! (US limited to 40, UK Limited to 35)

The standard edition will be on random colored vinyl! (US limited to 140, UK limited to 60)

Jonny hand printed a special edition cover that was meant to be unfolded and framed as a piece of art! There is an edition of 10 flat stock covers that will ship rolled (without vinyl, all other covers will be folded.)

A signed edition of 14 (4 of which will ship randomly in mail orders!)

An edition of 15 variant covers that will be randomly included with variant vinyl orders!

An edition of 20 variant covers that will randomly ship with standard vinyl orders!

A limited edition of 50 full color metallic backed 2.25 inch buttons!

A limited edition of 50 full color 7” slipmats!

Last but not least is a limited edition of 10 ”Completest” box sets! These will include 1 hand printed/signed cover, 1 US & UK variant vinyl, 1 US & UK standard vinyl, 1 Test Pressing, 1 Promo vinyl, 1 slipmat, 1 button, 1 sticker, 1 Flippin records sticker and 2 Flippin guitar picks (one of each design released so far). These box sets will be numbered 1-10 and include the coinciding numbered vinyl. Due to the random nature of both color variants, these box sets will include the handpicked top 10 coolest copies of all records!

Release date and price points to be announced soon! For now, head to our store page ( http://flippinrecords.blogspot.com/ ) and grab one of the 10 flatstock covers!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

http://flippinrecords.blogspot.ca/p/store.html

Check out the store to grab one of the limited flats.. There are already a bunch sold out...Grab them while you can.....GO!
Flat 10.jpg

We will be running a few contests over the next little while, so keep an eye out for details.

We will be giving away a bunch of new merch from the label, as well as a contest to win a test pressing of the first single, once copies go on sale in a few weeks.

There are lots of good things coming your way
HammerOfTheGods
Little Cream Soda

Post by HammerOfTheGods »

This sounds very cool man!! The statement "Prime Black Sabbath re-tooling the Delta blues" peaked my interest. I'm looking forward to checking this out. The different editions sound awesome too. Best of luck to ya!!
I play dumb like Columbo, and get my feelings hurt and move to New York like I'm Dumbo
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

HammerOfTheGods wrote:This sounds very cool man!! The statement "Prime Black Sabbath re-tooling the Delta blues" peaked my interest. I'm looking forward to checking this out. The different editions sound awesome too. Best of luck to ya!!
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Head over to the bands website and check out their tunes. They've got a pretty cool sound.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

I'm definitely interested in what's going on with this label.
Jamie's a great guy and I have no doubt he will do well.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

are these records near done? or how far along are they? anyone know?
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

arewhyehen wrote:
FLIP001 includes the previously released track Fever Rising and an unreleased instrumental track The Sloth. This release has it all: variant vinyl, hand printed variant covers that are meant to be unfolded and framed, slipmats, buttons and a completest box set! Here is a more detailed list.

The variant edition will be on bong colored vinyl! (US limited to 40, UK Limited to 35)

The standard edition will be on random colored vinyl! (US limited to 140, UK limited to 60)

Jonny hand printed a special edition cover that was meant to be unfolded and framed as a piece of art! There is an edition of 10 flat stock covers that will ship rolled (without vinyl, all other covers will be folded.)

A signed edition of 14 (4 of which will ship randomly in mail orders!)

An edition of 15 variant covers that will be randomly included with variant vinyl orders!

An edition of 20 variant covers that will randomly ship with standard vinyl orders!

A limited edition of 50 full color metallic backed 2.25 inch buttons!

A limited edition of 50 full color 7” slipmats!

Last but not least is a limited edition of 10 ”Completest” box sets! These will include 1 hand printed/signed cover, 1 US & UK variant vinyl, 1 US & UK standard vinyl, 1 Test Pressing, 1 Promo vinyl, 1 slipmat, 1 button, 1 sticker, 1 Flippin records sticker and 2 Flippin guitar picks (one of each design released so far). These box sets will be numbered 1-10 and include the coinciding numbered vinyl. Due to the random nature of both color variants, these box sets will include the handpicked top 10 coolest copies of all records!

Release date and price points to be announced soon! For now, head to our store page ( http://flippinrecords.blogspot.com/ ) and grab one of the 10 flatstock covers!

I like the music on this but there is way too much stuff going on with this. It's pretty confusing.
I just want a regular edition with a regular cover for $6 plus shipping.
<BluefordT> jhdb
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

PugFaceRex wrote:are these records near done? or how far along are they? anyone know?
The records are about 2 weeks away from being in hand. Once they are in hand, they will be on sale and then ready to ship right away.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

PugFaceRex wrote: I like the music on this but there is way too much stuff going on with this. It's pretty confusing.
I just want a regular edition with a regular cover for $6 plus shipping.
It will be laid out a lot better on the website with photos of each package. We will announce when each of them go on sale and explain it for the public.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

mojoryan wrote:I'm definitely interested in what's going on with this label.
Jamie's a great guy and I have no doubt he will do well.
Yeah, Jamie has a lot of cool things in store coming up soon. Once this first release is out of the way, I think a bunch more will be pouring out soon after.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

also, is this based in Canada?
<BluefordT> jhdb
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

PugFaceRex wrote:also, is this based in Canada?
No it's based out of the U.S.A. It's not my label haha. Just helping out a bit. I can stick mini Canadian flags in your order if you'd like though...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

10 test pressings on sale with no announcement. These will not last long

http://flippinrecords.blogspot.ca/p/secret-sale.html