Slice of Wax Records

Get in on the ground floor...
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Re: Slice of Wax Records

Post by HappyDad »

bh1644 wrote: now that is a coincidence! you should buy that art piece for the label headquarters... :D
The label headquarters are in my apartment and my wife would kill me if I even just try to have the idea to buy this :lol:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Things are going a little bit faster than expected so it's time to announce what the first Slice of Wax records release will be.

SOW-001 will be an EP by one of my favourite bands: The Pharmacy.

It's called Trouble Maker and you can listen to it here: http://seayou.bandcamp.com/album/the-ph ... uble-maker

More news about this Trouble Maker EP coming very soon.

You can also listen the (almost) complete Pharmarcy discography (including three fantastic albums) on their own bandcamp page: http://thepharmacy.bandcamp.com/

The Pharmacy will release a new album named Spells in August/September too. You can pre-order the LP and CD on Old Flame records (http://oldflamerecords.bigcartel.com/) and the tape on Burger records (http://burgerrecords.11spot.com/catalog ... q=pharmacy).
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
focusmatic
Little Cream Soda

Post by focusmatic »

Cool !
Going to see them in Geneva on the 20th !
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Rad!
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

focusmatic wrote:Cool !

Venue must be called the convention...
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Awesome !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
focusmatic
Little Cream Soda

Post by focusmatic »

shteev wrote:
focusmatic wrote:Cool !

Venue must be called the convention...
Wow !
Took me 5mns for this one...the Swiss effect i guess
:)
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

The Pharmacy is currently on tour in Europe.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1419341 ... 8/?fref=ts

This is some great news. But what's even more awesome is that if some UPS package is delivered on time, they will have the tour version of the first Slice of Wax records 7" on sale at the merch stand starting from their show in Strasbourg the 30th June.

This tour edition is limited to 100 copies and comes with a specific artwork and vinyl color. The only thing this edition has in common with the editions I'll release in September is the music!
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

To give you more details.

I'll have some copies of the tour edition for sale. I decided to make them available in a "collector bundle" that will feature one copy of each edition (with matching #s for the numbered editions).

There will be 10-15 of these bundles available. Don't know yet how I'll sell them though. May keep 5 to make a swirlers sale here. :shh:
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

That feeling when you're spinning the first record of your label for the first time!!!

This is the limited to 100 tour version. It'll be available on The Pharmacy current European tour starting from their show in Strasbourg.

A HUGE thank you to Panos. Without his photoshop skills, this 7" would never have been ready for the European tour.

The other editions of this record will be totally different (other artwork, labels, vinyl color, ...) and will surely be on sale in september.

Did I say it sounded awesome??
--> JUST HERE
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

Looks awesome! Congrats again. I'll take one of each. But you can go ahead and send the test press on over now.
Good work Clem.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

shteev wrote:Looks awesome! Congrats again. I'll take one of each. But you can go ahead and send the test press on over now.
Good work Clem.
No test press for this release. I wanted them to be done as quickly as possible for the band to be able to have them on tour. But one of the edition should be quite cool!
--> JUST HERE
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

HappyDad wrote:
shteev wrote:Looks awesome! Congrats again. I'll take one of each. But you can go ahead and send the test press on over now.
Good work Clem.
No test press for this release. I wanted them to be done as quickly as possible for the band to be able to have them on tour. But one of the edition should be quite cool!
I recall you saying that now about the no tp. Looking forward to it. Any slice will be a good slice I'm sure.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Good Stuff !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

photo1.jpg
What could this be ?

42 kg of vinyl... (that's almost 93 lb for you weird american people).

If you're curious, my sister is starting to reveal some of the cover's making-of on her blog. It's only in French yet but I will try to make an English translation soon:

http://conical-intersect.blogspot.fr/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--> JUST HERE