Lets hear your b show experience!!!

Worldwide - Since 2012
stoutr
Little Ghost

Re: Lets hear your b show experience!!!

Post by stoutr »

City Laundry in Portland. It was packed. It was 1,000,000 degrees inside.

Freedom at 21
Love Interuption
Hotel Yorba
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

Toronto 2007. Morning of the WS show at the Molson Amphitheatre. Was lucky enough to have a hotel right near Younge Street when an email went out that the WS would be playing to a bunch of kids at a daycare/camp at the YMCA at Younge & Grosvenor. (my hotel was at Carlton & Jarvis for you Toronto people here).
Email said be there in 10 minutes or you won't get in.
was wearing sandals at the time and had to take them off and sprint barefoot down younge street to make. Was probably 4th or 5th person to get there and they let in maybe 30 or 40 of us. Ended up standing maybe 10 ft from them as they played.

I can't recall all the songs they played(6 to 8 songs maybe), but I remember Jack started out playing something fairly heavy and loud and one of the kids from the day care started crying and ran out because it was so loud. Jack noticed it right away, and changed it up to playing some more mellow. (I want to say apple blossom). One of the pics on the inside cover of the B-shows vault LP is from this show.

Anyway, was a fantastic day and the show at the Amphitheater that night was crazy good. Although the show at Bluesfest in Ottawa a few nights later was better. Good memories.

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Ahh, very cool. My friend from radio made the Arva Flower Mill b-show in London, ON and said it was really awesome. He forces me to listen to the story all the time..