For all those who attended a show on Jack's 2012 tour..

Worldwide - Since 2012
I Ate The Walrus
Little Cream Soda

Re: For all those who attended a show on Jack's 2012 tour..

Post by I Ate The Walrus »

Definately a hole. I've never seen more empty cans and cups after a gig.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

jbharris76 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:The show at Red Rocks was definitely amazing. Waiting all, and I mean ALL, day long in the hot sun, worrying whether we were in the right line... not so much. I'd love to see another show there, but not Jack. A symphony or something for which I'm not worried about getting up front, now that would be spectacular.
Well, actually, you want to be up front at Red Rocks no matter the music. Trust me.

The air is so thin up there that the sound pretty much 'evaporates' as you get towards the back. There have been times when I've seen bands there where I actually thought the band came unplugged and/or the entire sound system had 'shorted out'. But down front, it's an experience that is hard to describe to anyone that hasn't been there.

But the reason that I actually typed out this response was to agree with you about the ridiculous confusion getting in. I was in such a tight mob of people that my phone was *milked* from out of my pocket and this wonderful person started yelling my friends name (the most recent call they could see on my phone) as loud as they could yell, and I finally realized heard them and got my phone back. I was headed to California too, so it was very much needed. Been to many shows at Red Rocks and each has had a small run of strange moments.

The police are not to be messed with in Morrison, CO, either. Remember that if nothing else about this useless post!
Thanks for the warning about Morrison, will definitely take heed if I'm ever back there. And the story about your phone definitely reminds me of the other thing that appalled me about that venue-- The people! The ones who showed up at 5 in the afternoon and tromped up the steps we'd been camped out at the top of, totally ignoring everyone who'd been lined up behind us for hours. The ones who told us that they didn't care we'd been in line all day and tried to push us away from the barrier. And then the ones who sat on my arm as I tried to save a space next to me for Aquamarine. Is one of the effects of the altitude that it also evaporates any awareness of concert etiquette?

Glad you got your phone back. And, yeah, maybe I don't want to see anymore shows at Red Rocks. Maybe one was enough. At least it was a good one, though the one the night before in Omaha was better in many ways. That one was one of my top three shows from this tour.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

At Red Rocks I met a few really nice people, but there were many who wouldn't shut up for a minute. The guy asking if it was Meg on the drums every 5 minutes was particularly obnoxious.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jack Horner wrote:
Jack Horner wrote:July 25, 2012 - Festival Hall - Melbourne
Or as it's unfondly known, Festering Hole
You missed this one on your list...

Thank you.

Can we stay on topic here people? It's hard for me to keep track when there are so many unrelated posts
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ah, sorry, missed the directive stating that we weren't allowed to discuss our experiences at the shows we'd attended on Jack's 2012 tour.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:Ah, sorry, missed the directive stating that we weren't allowed to discuss our experiences at the shows we'd attended on Jack's 2012 tour.
Alright. Go ahead. It was getting tough to go through on my phone, but it's not a big deal
padsimon
Little Bird

Post by padsimon »

Hammersmith Apollo 22nd June
monkeyman159
Little Bird

Post by monkeyman159 »

Before the 2014 tour dates start thought need to update the shows on the 2012 tour. I went too Brixton June 21, Hammersmith June 22, Paris July 2 & 3, Dublin October 31, London November 2 & 3, Bridlington November 4, Blackpool November 6, Birmingham November 7, Edingburg 8 2012.
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

I'm hoping for a Newcastle date! Would be great to see him in my home town. Or another London date with The Kills as support!
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

monkeyman159 wrote:Before the 2014 tour dates start thought need to update the shows on the 2012 tour. I went too Brixton June 21, Hammersmith June 22, Paris July 2 & 3, Dublin October 31, London November 2 & 3, Bridlington November 4, Blackpool November 6, Birmingham November 7, Edingburg 8 2012.
Well done!!!!

Both above posts have been added to the list
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

Here are the shows I attended in 2012

Brixton Academy, London (21/06/12)
Hammersmith Apollo, London (22/06/12)
La Riviera, Madrid (01/09/12)
Sant Jordi, Barcelona (02/09/12)
Le Transbordeur, Lyon (04/09/12)
Lotto Arena, Antwerp (06/09/2012)
iTunes Festival, The Roundhouse, London (08/09/2012)
O2 Arena, Dublin (31/10/2012)
Alexandra Palace, London (02/11/2012)
Alexandra Palace, London (03/11/2012)
Spa Theater and Royal Hall, Bridlington (04/11/12)
Blackpool Empress Ballroom Theater, Blackpool (06/11/12)
O2 Academy, Birmingham (07/11/12)
Usher Hall, Edinburgh (08/11/2012)
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Scarlet Siren wrote:Here are the shows I attended in 2012
And you call yourself a fan?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

Bikedo wrote:
Scarlet Siren wrote:Here are the shows I attended in 2012
And you call yourself a fan?
Something like that ;)
switch5150
Little Bird

Post by switch5150 »

I was at the Outside Lands regular and B-Show. The B-Show was the bee's knees.
I apologize for nothing!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

switch5150 wrote:I was at the Outside Lands regular and B-Show. The B-Show was the bee's knees.
added