Live 105′s Not So Silent Night- Oakland, CA

Worldwide - Since 2012
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Live 105′s Not So Silent Night- Oakland, CA

Post by maxman142001 »

Straight from the website:

Jack is pleased to announce that he’ll be performing at Live 105′s Not So Silent Night on December 7th at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, CA. Tickets go on sale at 10AM PT on Friday, November 2nd.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
lindnet
Little Bird

Re: Live 105′s Not So Silent Night- Oakland, CA

Post by lindnet »

This is great news! Anybody know if Vault members will be able to get tickets early?
Linda
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

Go figure.

Saw the stripes play this in 06(?) and jack walked off the set and meg was hammered.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

2 days 2 sets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

lindnet wrote:This is great news! Anybody know if Vault members will be able to get tickets early?
waiting to hear back if they are
Last edited by maxman142001 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

Doubt it.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

Radio ad says 2 sets by jack.
lindnet
Little Bird

Post by lindnet »

I've been wondering how this will work. 6 bands and the show starts at 6 pm. (sorry, I haven't been to a lot of shows). Does this mean each band will do a short set?
Linda
Stay Gold
Little Bird

Post by Stay Gold »

lindnet wrote:I've been wondering how this will work. 6 bands and the show starts at 6 pm. (sorry, I haven't been to a lot of shows). Does this mean each band will do a short set?
Usually at these type of shows the set times increase as it gets closer to the headliner with the main headliner getting a full set. There is a same type of holiday show here in San Diego, and each time I've been, bands like the black keys and my morning jacket (whose shows are really long) got full sets while the smaller bands before them play for at most an hour.

On a side note I'm really hoping to see Jack booked at this year's holiday hootenanny here in San Diego, it would make a lot of sense scheduling wise since it is also in early December and in the same state.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

if i am reading it right then it sounds like jack will do a 45 minute set with each of his bands... should be a killer show
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
ACE33
Little Bird

Post by ACE33 »

ochfish707 wrote:Go figure.

Saw the stripes play this in 06(?) and jack walked off the set and meg was hammered.
Lol clearly one of the worst Stripes show ever. Meg had been gettin blitzed with the other bands backstage celebrating her birthday. By the time they took the stage she was all offbeat and couldn't play well at all. It was pretty bad. Jack was visibly pissed the whole time and yelled at her a few times before he ended the set very early.
matlock665
Little Cream Soda

Post by matlock665 »

Well it looks like I'm finally gonna get to see Jack, anybody know if he usually brings merch with him to these multi-band festival thingys?
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

matlock665 wrote:Well it looks like I'm finally gonna get to see Jack, anybody know if he usually brings merch with him to these multi-band festival thingys?
small possibility for this. Tour has wrapped...not likely to see a poster. Might has the tour singles.
Should be a good show regardless.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

ACE33 wrote:
ochfish707 wrote:Go figure.

Lol clearly one of the worst Stripes show ever. Meg had been gettin blitzed with the other bands backstage celebrating her birthday. By the time they took the stage she was all offbeat and couldn't play well at all. It was pretty bad. Jack was visibly pissed the whole time and yelled at her a few times before he ended the set very early.
Is there video of this floating around the interwebz, by any chance...?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
ramsay
Little Bird

Post by ramsay »

On the fence about this one...Not sure why. But I suppose I will cruise down from Mendocino to catch it...guess I should get on some tickets!