iTunes Fest Tickets

Worldwide - Since 2012
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

iTunes Fest Tickets

Post by thirdtesla »

I got an email saying I won a pair of tickets to Jack's show at iTunes fest. Is this a big deal or did they give away a lot? Now if I could make it to the UK! Have an extra ticket if I do.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Re: iTunes Fest Tickets

Post by hellosmith »

Well it would be a big deal if you could make it to the UK by 4 pm tomorrow.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

DMDV1, email me at iiierikiii@me.com ASAP! The tickets are yours
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

Email me at iiierikiii@me.com if you are interested in two tickets. Dave has dibs, but if he can't go, I'd hate for them to go to waste.
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

thirdtesla wrote:Email me at iiierikiii@me.com if you are interested in two tickets. Dave has dibs, but if he can't go, I'd hate for them to go to waste.

I emailed you, I'm interested. I've been running around trying to figure out how I'm going to get in!! :(
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Emailed!
Never trust a hippy
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

you kids gotta report back and tell us if it worked out!!!!
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

After all the stress of trying to get in, sitting in line from 10 am (I was third!), Kali pointing me in the direction of spare tickets on LR as well as a post on Swirl...I GOT IN!!! :. FRONT ROW AGAIN! I ended up with two tickets at the last minute but as doors opened I ended up being a plus 1. Probably just as well because they were STRICT with checking ID, I'd have been turned away with either of the tickets for sure, both of which were assigned to males.

Nevertheless, I can't say thank you enough for forwarding the tickets to me and trying to help! Thank you! THANK YOU!!

No lie, I had a cardboard sign asking to be someone's plus one ( I was desperate ok!), the queue started moving at 6 pm. My friend who sat in line with me all day(just to catch up and keep me company) over heard someone needed a plus one, I perked up, barge past the two guys in front of me, past security, lunge for the girl who had the spare ticket.  She said it was cool for me to join her she told me she'd seen Jack in Japan is year!   Around 10 minutes later the people I was in line with joined me, including my ridiculously awesome travel companion and the LOVELIEST young man I met at the Hammersmith show in June.

I managed go get to my usual spot just 2-3 people left of Jack's microphone in front of the drums.  I swear I've in that exact same spot for every show over the past week... just PERFECT!

Theres no need for me to break it down and tell you about the show, but what I will say is it didn't feel like there were that many big fans around me.  A couple of shoe gazers that kind of thing.  There was a mother and daughter who won tickets but they weren't fans, they were so drunk they had to leave before the support were on (it was pretty bad).  I couldn't help but think those tickets could have gone to people who would have TRUELY appreciated it.  

Other than that, it was a pretty enthusiastic crowd, a couple of knob ends trying to start some kind of kayleigh a few rows behind me at some point and there was some pushing and shoving around the middle of the show.  Blah.

With that said, I had then BEST time, probably my second favourite show this pasf week after Barcelona.  Loved seeing the guys and the girls during the one show but would have loved to see the guys for a few more songs.   Loved Jack's quips about Apple giving away computers and the John Mayer and Pete Doherty reunion! Random, would like to see more of this side of Jack on stage!  

My friends and I were well and truely rocking out for the whole concert, I hope y'all saw that ;-) I'd like to think Jack noticed this too.  With the nature of the show, I wonder if it's more hard work playing to a crowd mainly made up with people unfamiliar with his work.  At this point we were getting nods of acknowldgement and smiles from him but then again ... Maybe he's fed up of seeing the same faces at shows for the past week! Haha! ;)

Oh and guess who was lucky enough to get Jack's pick at the end of Seven Nation Army? That's right, ME!   Quite possibly the sweetest ending to my week of attending 5 Jack shows! :D :D
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

wow... thats a good story and very interesting to hear about all your new friends ... you know im looking for your story in the Barcelona thread too right?? :D
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Well I went down there cos Erik third tesla hooked me up with his tickets but they would not let me in without correct id so myself and my daughter waited In The loooong standby line in the hope that we might get lucky and fortunately we got in 5 minutes before Jack was due on.

It Was a great show and as Judith said it was awesome too see both bands in one show but the crowd were soooo meh. Very subdued, lots of head nodding and virtually no rockin out until jack came back on to do Steady As She Goes when they finally started gettin excited.
I guess this is one of the problems with free shows you get all and sundry applying for tickets indeed none of the usual crew I meet up with were lucky enough to get tickets. All in all though a great show and I'm glad Judith got the pick cos she richly deserved
Never trust a hippy