Radio City Music Hall

Worldwide - Since 2012
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Re: Radio City Music Hall

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
Stay Gold wrote: so because he only played an hour at one of his shows,( and the only mishap i can think of in Jack's touring career) he is now in the category of Axl Rose? or Kings of Leon? the guy who has given it his heart in soul in in the music he records and plays live? give me a break man..
Playing at a venue that seats 6,000 people and shares a hotel bed with ticket resellers is his choice. I'm not judging, I'm just saying.
is this getting a bit personal? sharing a hotel bed with ticket resellers.... wow... anyone we know??? in my mind its quite clear who 'creates success' and how they go about doing it and its not just a part of 'being nice' or 'knowing how to the the job the best of anyone'

i think we are watching calculated talent in motion here... maybe the poetry does run thin at times but we all have to admit that Jack's gifts are not just crafting a song or swinging some lyrics that cut down people who cross his path .... if they were then i truly wouldn't stick around for lots of the small minded activity that goes on in his name or being the brunt of ill formed humor in his social circles... fuck that

i stick around for the sake of believing this community has a greater sense of quality and a grander sense acceptance that has allowed Jack some breadth of field to expand horizons in art and economy ... if this were to change then maybe i would feel the need to tip my hat and move on briskly while laughing as i float down stream in my own lifeboat if you know what im sayin

as i see it we know and have had a taste of how jacks questionable choices and attitudes cultivate space for diverse opinions along with a mystique that seems to make all roads lead to Rome just when it feels contrived inclusive of some glamour in innocence as proper attention to details.... we have continued to understand how he is known for garnering the affections of those around him with charm and a direct reliance on his rapier wit relative to moving while thinking on his feet.... seriously who here does not believe him him capable of getting away with being both fickle and idiosyncratic simply based upon a willingness to be the one to take these sorts of risks

its all a part being as talented as he is... i think fans want to admire this to a certain degree but also have to give some thought to how this can backlash in our face or in our finances given the fact that so many of the attitudes expressed have been bittersweet since the beginning

'is it our own double standards that lead us into Jack's tender trap or his?? dont know... dont care... but i know that so many other people are willing to be lead down this same primrose path that if i ever choose to quit being a fan or enjoying his aesthetics then it wont matter to him or the people clawing their way up to get closer and make the grade as he establishes his academy to school the masses... so... now you know what i think about the man and his methods according to the world of commercial venture and personal preference... cheers
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Wha? I was referring to the fact that it is common for venues like RCMH to release large blocks of tickets to re-sellers before they go on sale to fans.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

If anyone has an extra Sunday poster to trade for a Saturday, please PM moi. I missed out on Sunday's. Duh.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

anonymousbrunette wrote:Wha? I was referring to the fact that it is common for venues like RCMH to release large blocks of tickets to re-sellers before they go on sale to fans.

Clearly you care because you can't stop talking about it.

Please try.
Thats funny... i was thinking that i had been saying that i do care about the individuals and artistry beyond the fact that each and everyone of us seems to have some less than likable qualities and here you come telling me that its not about the individuals at all but rather that Jack shared a hotel bed with radio city music hall... i dont know any of these hotel bed frequenters who double as block ticket resell wizardss... please enlighten me... is it marriot who does stubhub and shacks up with jack or maybe crowdsurge that keeps a lamp in the window for Jack when he is away from home to do his business at the dorchester?? this is probably getting too snarky but i am trying to help us look past what we know the 'industry' to be and get back to what we like about the artist.......... is there something wrong with that??

in my view the whole damn world cant stop talking about it so you singling me out is just you singling me out without hearing what i am saying
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I read on Rollingstone.com: "White had several "angry exchanges" with a shirtless fan in the front row who was removed by security."

Anyone know what those "exchanges" entailed?
I spoke with someone after the show who had been in the orchestra pit. She didn't mention anyone missing their shirt, but she did tell me about a group of people who were busy taking pictures of each other in front of the stage while Jack was performing. She said that he came over a few times and asked them "Please, don't do that". Didn't yell or get obnoxious with them, said "Please". Apparently they just kept it up. Yes, he seemed to start the show with an attitude. But that sort of insulting crap happening right in front of him, combined with all the people who were wandering around and walking to the bar and back to get beers and have conversations with their friends, and who knows what all else he was seeing from the stage, would have pissed me off, too. Actually, I was plenty pissed off that night. The aisle next to me was like a block party. I'm surprised no one pulled a grill out from under their seat and began barbecuing.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Kali Durga wrote:The aisle next to me was like a block party. I'm surprised no one pulled a grill out from under their seat and began barbecuing.
No shortage of barbecue grills being fired up now.
skullfeast wrote:About the NPR thing, I don't think he was slamming NPR, he was poking fun at the quiet crowd. NPR is a "quiet" station, which is fine when you are on NPR. But a concert audience should not be as quiet as a "NPR convention". I think some people just want to make a meal of his little joke. (re: media)

And yea, if I was him, I would keep away from the mess boards. Some really cool people post on here and LR, and some lame fools do as well. It's very Jack to only notice bad comments, and a lot of "first time posters" are saying some stupid things. Too much negativity online in general. Hope it dissipates soon, I hate reading negative posts.
Good points. While I can understand and sympathize with fans who feel let down by Saturday night, playing a somewhat short set without an encore is hardly the worst sin in the history of rock concerts. Expressing some disappointment is understandable, but the continuing vitriol and vilification of a musician who has so often been so generous with his fans - playing free side shows, for example - seems way excessive. I doubt that we'll ever know or understand exactly what was going on in his head and his heart that night or why, but it's not too surprising when a passionate and volatile artist is driven by impulsive emotional forces that we just don't understand. Whatever drove him to the edge that night, his gut reaction was coming from the same place, the same source, that fires the passion and power and pathos of the music that we all love. Maybe it's a bit much to expect him to be able to switch it off and on, or to channel it in just the right directions, at our convenience.
Last edited by DeeBee on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I think I'm just going to move along. I had a great time with myfamily in NY. I am giving Atlanta a try, I hope he's in a great mood and me too.......Cause this is the last time I will see him, I hope it's a good memory. I can't go to anymore out of state shows. With the announcement of The Kills at TMR has me real excited. That will be as good as Jack...............maybe better.

He has been dogged enough. Everyone had to get it out of their system. He kind of brought all this on himself and he will have to work through it.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This won't hurt him anymore than the ICP single did. That hullaballoo is a blip on the radar screen of his career at this point. This will be, too.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

one can only hope that we all evolve to the level of respect and acknowledgement that makes us feel appropriately connected to the TMR experience and thus my view remains on the quality and consistency of all aspects associated with both the commercial and artistic values

thats how i like to think of my own affiliation with the community at large on this matter.... character is not just about being right and/or being capable of producing... its about how the message is delivered... great craft is not always the best art ... i look for the best to come

sometimes someone controls everything about ya... they tell ya that they just cant live without ya... they aint lying ... they'll take pieces of ya
and stand above you and walk away... thats right.... and take a part of you with them

but we are all adults here and know that Jack told us he is a part of this sort of social process now didnt he?? just sayin
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennyysun/ ... hotostream

"LOAN"? is this real or did someone photo shop it in? it doesn't quite look right...

did my best to read up on the whole thing here but could have missed this.
houses are full of things that gather dust
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

skullfeast wrote: Too much negativity online in general. Hope it dissipates soon, I hate reading negative posts.
Some of the things I've been reading online are far worse than anything Jack said at the show (though I wish he hadn't).

Music was superlative both nights.
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Melon wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennyysun/ ... hotostream

"LOAN"? is this real or did someone photo shop it in? it doesn't quite look right...

did my best to read up on the whole thing here but could have missed this.
That's pretty bizarre. It shows up in three photos on that site, so I doubt that it's photoshopped.
Here's another one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennyysun/ ... otostream/

Those photos are labeled September 30th, so I assume it's from the second night at RCMH. Maybe he was trying to make a point about his guitar hand being on loan for the night, to the audience? Or something? Maybe that we don't own him, we're just renting his musical skills for an hour? Or what? I can't begin to interpret what it might mean, really. We all know how cryptic he likes to be. Or maybe it stands for "Leave Out All Negativity." Maybe we should give that a try for a bit. ;)

Add/here's a direct link to one photo (if that's an issue, mods feel free to remove it):
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

Just stumbled upon this too! Its getting strange to say the least...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That can go now.
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

Jack married again? Just noticed the ring in his finger.
That can go now.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

ok... jack dons a uniform as a common worker and accepts that he is an exhibit on loan... here the way i see the lay of this bit of land:

In fulfilling the contractual agreements of a long long long tour that is really no longer inspiring since he has brought to bear the excellence of his ideas as both band leader and explorator of white stripes values when played upon new audiences... success... these contractual agreements may be based on some numeric or fulfillment terms which he has not yet delivered relative to his benefactors of properties and proceeds which are defined as either mutual interest matters in product or predetermined provisions associated with getting repairs or supplies 'fronted' to him by his benefactors... said agreement might be torment of sorts for jack

possible evidence that he feels he is on loan and wearing the uniform of rank and file salaried staff:
? Jack has been bend backwards in copyright lending such as use of Dead Weather in a barely disguised form for Dodge and its aired often
? Jack is now working shifts that are longer than 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off which we know compromises his neck problem
? Jack may be feeling stifled by extra engagements associated with promotional agreements cutting close to personal boundaries like family
? Jack is now documented as fulfilling specific setlists which he himself does not subscribe to normally
? Jack is upped pace in planning to release yet another single which is not standard and thus is coming up with new tracks for B-sides

all these things make me think that... for jack.... all work designed by the big 3 to kill his baby.... is making him sick to disgust