Berlin 7/26/12 show at Tempodrom

Worldwide - Since 2012
cwja
Little Ghost

Berlin 7/26/12 show at Tempodrom

Post by cwja »

Just got back from the show. What a great night. Buzzards were the band. Played about 1:30-1:45. Played pretty much all of Blunderbuss except for I'm Shakin', Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy, and On And On And On. Highlights for me included Hotel Yorba, We're Going To Be Friends, Two Against One and 7NA to close the show. A lot of audience participation on Hotel Yorba and 7NA which Jack really seemed to get a kick out of. Enjoyed the new version of ICLAB, even if it did make me really miss TDW.

Got the early entry email from TMR about 30 minutes before doors opened and had to sprint 2km across Berlin to get there in time. Completely worth it in the end. Got in grabbed the tour 7"s and a slip mat, grabbed a beer and made it to the rail. My first time doing that. Not something I usually worry about but decided to give it a try. For this reason I didn't grab a print. Knew it wouldn't make it through the night. Sorry I don't have any pics of it. I'll try and do better tomorrow night.

Still no additional tour 7" for Freedom At 21. Didn't see any blue slip mats peeking out either, but as I mentioned I was in a hurry.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Re: Berlin 7/26/12 show at Tempodrom

Post by maxman142001 »

Thanks for sharing!
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

As already stated to you on Facebook, I'm very jealous of this trip. Germany is #1 on my list of places to go. How was the crowd environment at the show? Is it a lot different than an American show? How would you compare the two? Do people go as crazy? Do many sing along?

Good to hear he's playing much more of the new album. Unfortunately I didn't get to hear much of the album at the Chattanooga show.

Glad you enjoyed it. Have a great trip Chris!

Don't forget the Warsteiner.
JackD.
Little Bird

Post by JackD. »

Unfortunately I wasn't able to note the setlist on my phone - does anyone have the setlist of yesterday's show? THANKS
jakke222
Little Bird

Post by jakke222 »

it was a very great show. i have got a drumstick :D. first aid kit were fantastic. they signed some stuff after their show. the poster was the same as in the netherlands. i think there is only one poster for the whole european tour. :(
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

arewhyehen wrote:As already stated to you on Facebook, I'm very jealous of this trip. Germany is #1 on my list of places to go. How was the crowd environment at the show? Is it a lot different than an American show? How would you compare the two? Do people go as crazy? Do many sing along?

Good to hear he's playing much more of the new album. Unfortunately I didn't get to hear much of the album at the Chattanooga show.

A lot of singing along, especially to TWS stuff. Crowd was nuts, at least up front. Lots of screaming females. Not really a mosh pit, but a constant surging back and forth and side to side.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

jakke222 wrote:it was a very great show. i have got a drumstick :D. first aid kit were fantastic. they signed some stuff after their show. the poster was the same as in the netherlands. i think there is only one poster for the whole european tour. :(
Yeah, got a closer look at the poster tonight and it's a European tour poster. First Aid Kit was great. Forgot to mention them.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:As already stated to you on Facebook, I'm very jealous of this trip. Germany is #1 on my list of places to go. How was the crowd environment at the show? Is it a lot different than an American show? How would you compare the two? Do people go as crazy? Do many sing along?

A lot of singing along, especially to TWS stuff. Crowd was nuts, at least up front. Lots of screaming females. Not really a mosh pit, but a constant surging back and forth and side to side.
So not much different than North American shows? Haha
It's incredible how powerful music is. So many probably sang the words and had no idea what they were singing.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Here is a setlist I found. Looks right to me from what I remember. I'm too lazy to edit it so I'm just pasting the whole thing, including the silly notations.

Black Math
(The White Stripes song)
Freedom At 21
Missing Pieces
Weep Themselves to Sleep
Love Interruption
Hotel Yorba
(The White Stripes song)
Trash Tongue Talker
I Guess I Should Go to Sleep
Hypocritical Kiss
I Cut Like A Buffalo
(The Dead Weather song)
The Hardest Button to Button
(The White Stripes song)
Two Against One
(Danger Mouse cover)
Blunderbuss
We're Going to Be Friends
(The White Stripes song)
Steady, As She Goes
(The Raconteurs song)
Ball and Biscuit
(The White Stripes song)
Encore:
Sixteen Saltines
The Same Boy You've Always Known
(The White Stripes song)
Seven Nation Army
(The White Stripes song)
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Same boy, is that a first on this tour?
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.