Jack White @ The Roseland NYC - May 21 & 22

Worldwide - Since 2012
hsp88
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White @ The Roseland NYC - May 21 & 22

Post by hsp88 »

rsimms3 wrote:Did he use the Gretsch over the past two nights? Thinking back, I don't recall him using it at Gulf Shores.
Last nights show was crazy, he used mostly his tele but yes the gretsch was out and used during the past 2 nights. biggest surprise was for the encore he used his matte black reverse billy bo that he had as his back up with the dead weather. So now im gonna try to explain what happened last night, the whole show was with the peacocks and i felt like it was a great show, there where some slipups here and there with the band and a false start or 2 but jacks recovery and improve are second to none, most people would not notice the fault. the real amazing surprise came with the encore. out of nowhere a curtain pulled back on the right side of the venue that i had no idea concealed a stage behind it (this did not happen the first night), there was jack with the guy band gunning right into black math. this basically caused complete chaos on the floor and kicked up a bit of a mosh which was intense for any recent jack show ive been to. it really made for an amazing surprise and encore and the crowd was going wild. Jo (who is really nice and took a picture of me and my GF the first night (waiting to see if that makes jacks site) remembered me and gave me one of jacks guitar picks. so all in all it was a great show and night.

here is a cool picture i acquired with my eyes and not phone
577fac58a48d11e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg
this is particularly good for seeing jacks settings on his pog and wooly mammoth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hsp88 on Wed May 23, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I assume the Wooly is the 4 knob pedal? Congrats on the pick and the pic by Jo, that sounds killer! Looking forward to Detroit tomorrow. I've never really been to a matinee rock show before.... Two shows, one day....it'll be interesting.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

rsimms3 wrote:I assume the Wooly is the 4 knob pedal? Congrats on the pick and the pic by Jo, that sounds killer! Looking forward to Detroit tomorrow. I've never really been to a matinee rock show before.... Two shows, one day....it'll be interesting.
yup that 4 knob pedal is a zvex wooly mammoth

Also concerning jacks tele, i was able to see up close the back of it and there is defiantly no b bender installed.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yeah, looks just like my Box of Rock but with only one button. Either a Wooly or a Big Muff are next on my list, not enough "oomph" in the box of rock.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

rsimms3 wrote:Yeah, looks just like my Box of Rock but with only one button. Either a Wooly or a Big Muff are next on my list, not enough "oomph" in the box of rock.
ya i actually just got a wooly, its a bass fuzz but it sounds amazing on guitar too. i think its what he uses for blue blood blues. the big muff is more of a muff sustainer than a fuzz but also sounds really interesting with both guitar and bass. both pedals are versatile, i may go with the muff first out of the 2 because its cheaper and it is your basic jack white sound (i imagine that's what you would like to go for).
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yeah, some Jack White sound but just more of a brown fuzzy sound. I play a reissue Jazzmaster with a reissue Tremolux. I have the bass turned all the way up and the treble at around 3 to get less brittle high end. Eventually I should just transition over to an ES330 or something with humbuckers and quit messing around with the JM. Would love to get a Gibson Tennessean although I've never actually played one.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Fairly close, eh?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird

Post by BrooklynKyle »

woodisgood wrote:Fairly close, eh?
So jealous. Were you one of the ones that jumped up or were you sitting on the VIP section? Anywhere to get a higher res copy of your pic?

I was in the back under the mezz right side. Sound was bad under there and I couldn't see anything during the encore. We had been standing about 10 feet from dead center of that stage for the Shakes, but it got too confined for the GF. Ahhhhh! Would have been amazing.
Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Post by Maldoror17 »

rsimms3 wrote:Did he use the Gretsch over the past two nights? Thinking back, I don't recall him using it at Gulf Shores.
He didn't use it in Asheville.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Holy SHIT I had to have see you!! I was about 15 deep from the side stage, must have been straight back from you.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

How did you get THAT seat?
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Found this, download available there. if someone is tracking it out i would still really like that

http://soundcloud.com/jacktangiblewhite ... ive-at-the
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

hsp88 wrote:Found this, download available there. if someone is tracking it out i would still really like that

http://soundcloud.com/jacktangiblewhite ... ive-at-the
Thank you. Bless you.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

hoi polloi but you folks got fabulous photos if ever anyone did... look at that effects panel!!!

no one mentioned the impromptu new song last night right after Hypocritical Kiss... i think it was Inaccessible Mystery as the b-side of Freedom@21

i went ahead and transcribed the lyrics and dropped them in the lyrics thread for you folks to have a looksee

wow... thats all kinds of action shot there... totally bad to the bone... thanks again!
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow