Any interest in Tulsa?

Worldwide - Since 2012
td3
Little Bird

Any interest in Tulsa?

Post by td3 »

Haven't seen many posts about this show. I only ask because I might ... MIGHT ... end up with an extra ticket. I wanted to put the feelers out to see if anyone would be into this as I don't see anyone talking about going or wanting to go to this particular show.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Re: Any interest in Tulsa?

Post by Moller72 »

that is where i am going to be. There is only one other swirler and two other vaulters i know from Oklahoma.
td3
Little Bird

Post by td3 »

Hell ... I'm driving from Kansas City. Just because you don't live in the state is no excuse!

I kid. Just seeing what was out there. Haven't heard much about it.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

yeah but most are driving to one of the TN shows or Alabama.
TheUnionForever
Little Bird

Post by TheUnionForever »

Me and my wife will be at the Tulsa show
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Less then 36 hours.
td3
Little Bird

Post by td3 »

I'm crazy excited for this. Like I said. Last show I saw there was Elvis Costello on the Delivery Man tour. He brought Wanda Jackson out to sing with him. Don't know why I've convinced myself that Jack's gonna bring her out tomorrow night. But I have. So he damned well better deliver! ;)
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Oh man I am by the worst people in line ever one guy just walked by and said he did not know who jack white was until he was on his way here and another guy just asked is this a acoustic set bc he is by himself.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

hahaha, sounds like an awesome time...
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Moller72 wrote:Oh man I am by the worst people in line ever one guy just walked by and said he did not know who jack white was until he was on his way here and another guy just asked is this a acoustic set bc he is by himself.
When did you show up? How many people are in line? Where are you approximately at in line? No, this isn't 20 questions.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

makers888 wrote:
Moller72 wrote:Oh man I am by the worst people in line ever one guy just walked by and said he did not know who jack white was until he was on his way here and another guy just asked is this a acoustic set bc he is by himself.
When did you show up? How many people are in line? Where are you approximately at in line? No, this isn't 20 questions.
I got here at 5:30 about 150-200 back the line goes a long ways past me about 3 blocks back. I would say 1000+ in line and the doors were supposed to open at 7:00 but it is 20 past and still not open but the weather is nice out here did you get a ticket a guy had an extra here and sold it for $35.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Moller72 wrote:
makers888 wrote:
I got here at 5:30 about 150-200 back the line goes a long ways past me about 3 blocks back. I would say 1000+ in line and the doors were supposed to open at 7:00 but it is 20 past and still not open but the weather is nice out here did you get a ticket a guy had an extra here and sold it for $35.
Crazy how quick these lines fill up. Even at 1 1/2 hours before doors even open and you're between 150-200.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it. I was contacted late last night on a ticket but I just felt it was too late. Total bummer and I'm kicking myself for not sucking it up. I'll just live through the more fortunate fans :)

Hope you're having a BLAST!
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Not that I was there, but--girl band, and Little Ghost! :)
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Aquamarine wrote:Not that I was there, but--girl band, and Little Ghost! :)
Yes little ghost and he played the song from the hank Williams comp and we are going to be friends and another tune I did not know that he played on the Kay before sna.
A guy right in front of me got ejected literally 30 seconds into jack whites set for taking pictures and 2 girls next to him o don't have your camera out at all. Other then the songs I listed it pretty much looked like the same setlistst and steady as she goes. Girl band posters did not arrive on time so no posters at show:(.
cuddleskovinsky
Little Bird

Post by cuddleskovinsky »

I can't remember the exact order, but here is a rough idea of what was played:

White Stripes: Dead Leaves, Hotel Yorba, We're Going To Be Friends, I'm Finding It Harder To Be A Gentleman, You're Pretty Good Looking, I'm Slowly Turning Into You, Little Ghost, Seven Nation Army, Ball And Biscuit

Raconteurs: Top Yourself, Steady As She Goes

Dead Weather: Cut Like A Buffalo

Two Against One, the Hank Williams song, Love Interruption, Sixteen Saltines, Hypocritical Kiss, a couple of other new ones, and Goodnight Irene.