Jack White tour band

Worldwide - Since 2012
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Jack White tour band

Post by HappyDad »

I don't know if it was already posted, but after a French magazine, Jack will have two tour bands to play with him. One 100% girls and one 100% boys.

http://www.lesinrocks.com/musique/musiq ... ou-garcon/

It will then be Boys night or Girls night depending the show.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
Moller72
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White tour band

Post by Moller72 »

I have no clue what any of the article said.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I swear those translations are better than the original articles. Have you ever checked out the Japanese blog, Jack the White? Great stuff.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

But back on topic.

Gimmick, grand gesture or a promise kept?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

What was the promise?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
MuleSkinner
Little Acorn

Post by MuleSkinner »

I guess the cat's out of the bag now...unless the story was taken from my spolier post under the SNL thread.

I had not heard about it changing from show to show though. It would be cool to have no opener, and a set with each band. Perhaps that's a possibility since no pening bands have been announced?

As for members of the band, I haven't heard any other names, but Cory Younts who used to play with Justin Townes Earle and has played recently with Old Crow Medicine Show is in the band...i'm not 100%, but I would bet it's in the band featuring all guys. He also played on the TMR Smoke Fairies Blue Series 7".
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I would expect to see some folks from Wanda's TMR Band to show up again.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Didn't Jack also say in modchat that someone from Flint, MI is in the band?
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Didn't Jack also say in modchat that someone from Flint, MI is in the band?
Yes, that's right. I was thinking at the time he meant playing on the record but he must have meant his touring band. I don't live in Flint. I've been there once.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
MuleSkinner
Little Acorn

Post by MuleSkinner »

I wonder if the black belles could be the female band?
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

MuleSkinner wrote:I wonder if the black belles could be the female band?
i was thinking that. With Ruby Amanfu along for the ride.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

No, please.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

While I would love this (I think they are great), I have a feeling they wouldn't be able to play up to his standards and play the music that's on the album. Not that I've heard it, just I think that they are really good at the music they make, and have a feeling that Jack's stuff is probably not in line with what they play. But it'd still be cool to see some of them playing in the band (ie. Shelby playing drums).
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I think if any of the Belles make an appearance it will be OJ. She plays at least guitar, bass, and drums. I think she also plays keys if I remember correctly from their performance at MI Fest.