Jack White @ The New Daisy Theatre, Memphis, TN 03/13/12

Worldwide - Since 2012
higherlimits
Little People

Re: Jack White @ The New Daisy Theatre, Memphis, TN 03/13/12

Post by higherlimits »

7th_son wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
7th_son wrote:It is really cool to hear about different old songs dropping in on different nights, each show has it's unique twist. All the more reason to go to more shows!

Shamelessly lifted from EB, by Rob Jones according to the OP.
That doesn't really look like a Rob Jones...
I kinda thought the same when I saw it, but the dude who posted the pic said "Poster by Rob Jones at AnimalRummy.com, Printed by D&L" was on the side of the print.
Yeah, I saw that after I posted... I still don't really think it looks like a Rob Jones though ;)
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Pakedge wrote:I don't see Rob Jones on my poster anywhere.
Here's what to the guy on EB posted:
"Print was not signed/numbered but in slightly glossy letters along the side reads: "Print by Rob Jones at Animalrummy.com Printed by D&L" After the show there was still a (much smaller) stack of posters remaining. Sorry for the crappy photo! (Oh and if you care the show was drymounting amazing and if you have the chance you really should go)."

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 32&t=83484
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

7th_son wrote:
"Print was not signed/numbered but in slightly glossy letters along the side reads: "Print by Rob Jones at Animalrummy.com Printed by D&L" After the show there was still a (much smaller) stack of posters remaining. Sorry for the crappy photo! (Oh and if you care the show was drymounting amazing and if you have the chance you really should go)."

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 32&t=83484
He is correct. Very hard to see. It is on the bottom left side.
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

I've obtained a Memphis print that I'd like to offer here on swirl. You may pm me if interested. Offers will be replied to, thanks, G
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Pakedge wrote: It was Cannon right into Ball and Biscuit. Seven Nation Army then Irene was last.
*thud*
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

These reviews are painful. I can't wait!!!!
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Can't wait for what? when are you seeing him? Is there an Australian tour I don't know about?!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

higherlimits wrote:Can't wait for what? when are you seeing him? Is there an Australian tour I don't know about?!
I will see some part of the tour - I don't know where, but I will see something
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

That's how I'm feeling too, now if they would just bloody well announce some dates in that gaping hole that is April-May. Something must be coming, right guys? RIGHT?
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

2 weekends of Coachella, one male band one female? Hey a man can dream.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I just got home from Memphis a couple hours ago, settling in. I fully plan on writing a nice in-depth for everyone tomorrow. The show was so outstanding it sometimes bordered on being more awesome than I could handle. Not kidding, I flipped out. Jack pushes and pushes and pushes and is so excellent... Man, what a show!

Mandy May
Little Bird

Post by Mandy May »

Memphis was such an incredible show. Perfect view, outstanding music. Loved it! So stoked that I got an opportunity to see Jack live. Still on cloud nine and will be for awhile. I also met some wonderful people and look forward to seeing them again. Good times!
hanimalucas
Little Bird

Post by hanimalucas »

Has anyone posted a definite setlist anywhere yet? I tried to find one yesterday with no luck, but I was also a little delirious from running on just a couple hours of sleep. The show was amazing but I'm not sure I could say anything completely coherent about it-- and if I could, it probably wouldn't do it justice anyway. Can't wait till more dates are announced.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

7th_son wrote:
"Print was not signed/numbered but in slightly glossy letters along the side reads: "Print by Rob Jones at Animalrummy.com Printed by D&L" After the show there was still a (much smaller) stack of posters remaining.
Did each show have a different number of Poster prints??? The girl at the Merch table at WorkPlay said they only had 80 and 'that of all the posters, this one(the WorkPlay Poster) has the least amount of copies'(loved her british accent BTW...)... Just saw a WorkPlay poster on eBay for $250+!!!
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

thirdtesla wrote:
7th_son wrote:
"Print was not signed/numbered but in slightly glossy letters along the side reads: "Print by Rob Jones at Animalrummy.com Printed by D&L" After the show there was still a (much smaller) stack of posters remaining.
Did each show have a different number of Poster prints??? The girl at the Merch table at WorkPlay said they only had 80 and 'that of all the posters, this one(the WorkPlay Poster) has the least amount of copies'(loved her british accent BTW...)... Just saw a WorkPlay poster on eBay for $250+!!!
Each print run is unique and decided between the artist and tour manager with considerations of venue size and allocation to various people associated with the gig etc. Rob Jones has become something of a Jack White artistic manager in recent years, doling out responsibilities when he doesn't have time to do everything himself. There are normally nearly 100 or so prints at the merch stand give or take. Artists hold a certain number back to sell at their leisure, usually on the order of 100. I would expect typical print runs for this tour are in the 220-333 range. That's how Rob roles.

I wouldn't be too concerned about most of these costing a lot. Normally a handful sell at a high price to the desperate crazies, but these posters will settle in the very affordable range, as others have suggested. At the height of The White Stripes last tour, Rob Jones prints got very expensive, but I would kind of be surprised if that repeats itself here, given what we've witnessed with the Racs and Dead Weather. On the other hand, who knows, stranger things have happened...