Jack White @ The New Daisy Theatre, Memphis, TN 03/13/12

Worldwide - Since 2012
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Jack White @ The New Daisy Theatre, Memphis, TN 03/13/12

Post by shaneoftheroad »

For discussion of Jack White's solo show at the New Daisy Theatre in Memphis, TN. I'm in. Who else? :)
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Re: Jack White @ The New Daisy Theatre, Memphis, TN 03/13/12

Post by Pakedge »

shaneoftheroad wrote:For discussion of Jack White's solo show at the New Daisy Theatre in Memphis, TN. I'm in. Who else? :)
Can't wait!
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I'm stoked about Chattanooga because it's the kickoff date for the tour (as of now). BUT my heart is in Memphis. Sun Studio, Graceland, Beale St., Jack White! Perfect recipe. And I can't wait to meet all the Swirlers that are going.
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I'm stoked about Chattanooga because it's the kickoff date for the tour (as of now). BUT my heart is in Memphis. Sun Studio, Graceland, Beale St., Jack White! Perfect recipe. And I can't wait to meet all the Swirlers that are going.
Going to be a great time! I'm sure me and my girlfriend will see you in line early!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Pakedge wrote:Going to be a great time! I'm sure me and my girlfriend will see you in line early!
VERY early. Hoping they'll have posters for each venue.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Me and the wife will be in Memphis.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

boo hoo... girl with tears...

The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Why so down, Charlie Brown? Didn't get tickets for Memphis?
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

I've had a trip planned to go to SXSW in Austin and this just so happened to fall right along the way on the drive down so I jumped at the chance to get tickets. As it turns out, my mom and little sister will be making the trip with me also as we have family in Austin. My sister has no idea that this show is going on and she just thinks we are stopping in Memphis to visit some old friends since I used to live there. I will surprising my sister with her ticket to the show just as we heading down Beale street. I took my sister to her first concert ever (the Black Keys) a year or two ago and I know she will love this show also. I can't wait for this.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

3quid wrote:I've had a trip planned to go to SXSW in Austin and this just so happened to fall right along the way on the drive down so I jumped at the chance to get tickets. As it turns out, my mom and little sister will be making the trip with me also as we have family in Austin. My sister has no idea that this show is going on and she just thinks we are stopping in Memphis to visit some old friends since I used to live there. I will surprising my sister with her ticket to the show just as we heading down Beale street. I took my sister to her first concert ever (the Black Keys) a year or two ago and I know she will love this show also. I can't wait for this.
Very, very cool.
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

3quid wrote:I've had a trip planned to go to SXSW in Austin and this just so happened to fall right along the way on the drive down so I jumped at the chance to get tickets. As it turns out, my mom and little sister will be making the trip with me also as we have family in Austin. My sister has no idea that this show is going on and she just thinks we are stopping in Memphis to visit some old friends since I used to live there. I will surprising my sister with her ticket to the show just as we heading down Beale street. I took my sister to her first concert ever (the Black Keys) a year or two ago and I know she will love this show also. I can't wait for this.

That's very cool! It's going to be a great time!
kcahill
Little Bird

Post by kcahill »

My husband and I will be there, despite the 9 hour drive and taking 2 days off work. He's such a trooper — humors me and my adolescent behavior!

We're driving form Atlanta, so will try to get an early start after work Monday. Does anyone have hotel recommendations in Memphis?

Cant' wait to meet some Swirlers and LR's!

Kathy
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

We really need an official meetup. Any suggestions for place/time? Before the show or after?
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Last time I was at the New Daisy, I saw the Black Keys and Jay Reatard and it was one of the more poorer sounding venues that I've been in. Hopefully sound quality is a little better for this show. Any news on who will be opening for Jack?

Also, when do people plan to start lining up for this show?
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

kcahill wrote:My husband and I will be there, despite the 9 hour drive and taking 2 days off work. He's such a trooper — humors me and my adolescent behavior!

We're driving form Atlanta, so will try to get an early start after work Monday. Does anyone have hotel recommendations in Memphis?

Cant' wait to meet some Swirlers and LR's!

Kathy

If you want a hotel about a block from Beale Street, try the Hampton Inn. There are several hotels within a few blocks. Hampton Inn, I believe there is a new Westin, Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn etc.