Jack White @ The New Daisy Theatre, Memphis, TN 03/13/12

Worldwide - Since 2012
Moller72
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White @ The New Daisy Theatre, Memphis, TN 03/13/12

Post by Moller72 »

The lady at the merch stand in Tulsa said that Tulsa poster was limited to 150.
7th_son wrote:
thirdtesla wrote:
7th_son wrote:
Pakedge wrote:I don't see Rob Jones on my poster anywhere.
Here's what to the guy on EB posted:
"Print was not signed/numbered but in slightly glossy letters along the side reads: "Print by Rob Jones at Animalrummy.com Printed by D&L" After the show there was still a (much smaller) stack of posters remaining.
Did each show have a different number of Poster prints??? The girl at the Merch table at WorkPlay said they only had 80 and 'that of all the posters, this one(the WorkPlay Poster) has the least amount of copies'(loved her british accent BTW...)... Just saw a WorkPlay poster on eBay for $250+!!!
Each print run is unique and decided between the artist and tour manager with considerations of venue size and allocation to various people associated with the gig etc. Rob Jones has become something of a Jack White artistic manager in recent years, doling out responsibilities when he doesn't have time to do everything himself. There are normally nearly 100 or so prints at the merch stand give or take. Artists hold a certain number back to sell at their leisure, usually on the order of 100. I would expect typical print runs for this tour are in the 220-333 range. That's how Rob roles.

I wouldn't be too concerned about most of these costing a lot. Normally a handful sell at a high price to the desperate crazies, but these posters will settle in the very affordable range, as others have suggested. At the height of The White Stripes last tour, Rob Jones prints got very expensive, but I would kind of be surprised if that repeats itself here, given what we've witnessed with the Racs and Dead Weather. On the other hand, who knows, stranger things have happened...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

thirdtesla wrote:
7th_son wrote:
Pakedge wrote:I don't see Rob Jones on my poster anywhere.
Here's what to the guy on EB posted:
"Print was not signed/numbered but in slightly glossy letters along the side reads: "Print by Rob Jones at Animalrummy.com Printed by D&L" After the show there was still a (much smaller) stack of posters remaining.
Did each show have a different number of Poster prints??? The girl at the Merch table at WorkPlay said they only had 80 and 'that of all the posters, this one(the WorkPlay Poster) has the least amount of copies'(loved her british accent BTW...)... Just saw a WorkPlay poster on eBay for $250+!!!
It's a New Zealand accent...

I'm surprised how everyone has said "the merch lady" or "the girl at the Merch table" etc. and no one seems to know who she is... people aren't brushed up on their White Stripes history I guess..
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

higherlimits wrote:I'm surprised how everyone has said "the merch lady" or "the girl at the Merch table" etc. and no one seems to know who she is... people aren't brushed up on their White Stripes history I guess..
Don't do that. haha Just tell us who she is.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

My detailed review is still coming, by the way. Wrote half of it last night, gonna finish it tonight. It's gonna be very long so I'm gonna post it in three parts for those who only want to read the show review and don't care about the before or after.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
higherlimits wrote:I'm surprised how everyone has said "the merch lady" or "the girl at the Merch table" etc. and no one seems to know who she is... people aren't brushed up on their White Stripes history I guess..
Don't do that. haha Just tell us who she is.
We did a Q&A with her on this site..
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Amber Easby! But isn't she from New Zealand..
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Amber Easby! But isn't she from New Zealand..
Amber Easby. Thanks, man.

So the answer to everybody's question is "Her name is Amber Easby and there's a Q&A with her on this site". Why does this always have to be so difficult?
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

but she is still the merch lady.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Yeah, she's on this tour..
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

If you have the UGNWL box set, pull out the photo book and look for the one of them inside the plane - I think Amber is on the left of the photo a row or two from the front. She's a tall lady with auburn wavy hair and if she's always smiling at the merch stand, that's her
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

This show was 6 years ago today. Fun trip to Memphis.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Stl_ben wrote:This show was 6 years ago today. Fun trip to Memphis.
Oh hell yeah. I was there. It was my first time in Memphis as well. Finally got to see Sun Studio and Graceland. Didn't have time to see everything I wanted. I need to go back.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

We are thinking of going to Memphis in may this year to see Jack and all the other bands. That being said I don't think that show has even been mentioned on swirl whereas this show just has pages and pages of comments!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Stl_ben wrote:We are thinking of going to Memphis in may this year to see Jack and all the other bands. That being said I don't think that show has even been mentioned on swirl whereas this show just has pages and pages of comments!
I believe this was pre-Facebook groups. I'm considering Memphis as well but more than likely I'll wait for Nashville. I have a single ticket to St. Louis but I haven't decided if I'm going or not.