Jack White Solo Tour Dates 2012

Worldwide - Since 2012
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Jack White Solo Tour Dates 2012

Post by arewhyehen »

wolfeisjack wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
wolfeisjack wrote:Yeah, there was no will call option for the VA date. by the way, does anyone know about early entry for the C'ville show? I'm going to email the venue and ask.
Email the vault...

http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/blog/all/5

scroll to the very bottom post "early entry" and read the details :D
I did it exactly as it said, so now my fingers are crossed for early entry :D
Ya, good luck buddy!

I was thinking the other day at how I usually wait for quite awhile in line before a show in order to get a good spot near the rail, and than it occurred to me how much it would suck to wait 8 hours in line, be top 10 or so in line and then watch 20 people (10 vault members and their +1's) just show up 25 mins before the show and walk on by me...

I love love love the early entry idea but for those in that situation i described, it would bum me right out..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

arewhyehen wrote:I was thinking the other day at how I usually wait for quite awhile in line before a show in order to get a good spot near the rail, and than it occurred to me how much it would suck to wait 8 hours in line, be top 10 or so in line and then watch 20 people (10 vault members and their +1's) just show up 25 mins before the show and walk on by me...

I love love love the early entry idea but for those in that situation i described, it would bum me right out..
That's happened to me a few times and it's actually not so bad. I've still been able to get exactly the spot I wanted each time. A percentage of those 20 people will go to the merch table, another percentage will go to the rail, and a very small portion will go straight to the bar. So it works out.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:I was thinking the other day at how I usually wait for quite awhile in line before a show in order to get a good spot near the rail, and than it occurred to me how much it would suck to wait 8 hours in line, be top 10 or so in line and then watch 20 people (10 vault members and their +1's) just show up 25 mins before the show and walk on by me...

That's happened to me a few times and it's actually not so bad. I've still been able to get exactly the spot I wanted each time. A percentage of those 20 people will go to the merch table, another percentage will go to the rail, and a very small portion will go straight to the bar. So it works out.
If you get early entry, is it enough time to hit the merch table for a few items and then still make the rail?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Depends. Sometimes you've got 10 whole minutes, and I've seen people do both. Every now and then, though, things get screwed up and the early entry folks only get a couple of minutes before the venue lets the whole crowd in.

I'm not kidding, these venues never know about early entry ahead of time. Or, if they do, the management folks who've been notified of it don't pass the info down to the staff working the show. The venue staff letting people in have been confused about early entry at every single show I've been to. At Red Rocks, they held us up forever before scanning our tickets to let us in, and the security guy kept telling us what he was being told on his headset. He said the hold up was due to early entry. At one point, he said the early entry folks had been let in. Then, a few minutes later, he told us they'd been taken back out again. I dunno what was going on, but it was apparently a bit of a clusterfuck.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
wolfeisjack
Little Bird

Post by wolfeisjack »

arewhyehen wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:

If you get early entry, is it enough time to hit the merch table for a few items and then still make the rail?
What I normally do is give my dad my money, I run the rail, and he buys the stuff and meets me at the rail :lol:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

wolfeisjack wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:

What I normally do is give my dad my money, I run the rail, and he buys the stuff and meets me at the rail :lol:
Does your dad want to see jack with me in Toronto both nights? Lol
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:Depends. Sometimes you've got 10 whole minutes, and I've seen people do both. Every now and then, though, things get screwed up and the early entry folks only get a couple of minutes before the venue lets the whole crowd in.

I'm not kidding, these venues never know about early entry ahead of time. Or, if they do, the management folks who've been notified of it don't pass the info down to the staff working the show. The venue staff letting people in have been confused about early entry at every single show I've been to. At Red Rocks, they held us up forever before scanning our tickets to let us in, and the security guy kept telling us what he was being told on his headset. He said the hold up was due to early entry. At one point, he said the early entry folks had been let in. Then, a few minutes later, he told us they'd been taken back out again. I dunno what was going on, but it was apparently a bit of a clusterfuck.
Ugh, I don't like the sounds of that. Also if he plays a b show and I leave my spot in line to run over to that, and then don't get early entry, it would sort of suck. It's one or the other I guess
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This is Jack and TMR. Why on earth would they want to make anything easy for us? Gotta have that struggle to enrich the experience ;)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:This is Jack and TMR. Why on earth would they want to make anything easy for us? Gotta have that struggle to enrich the experience ;)
OHHH I guess. Haha. I will be in university and poor during the back to back toronto shows. I just really want the posters. I wouldnt mind getting them off here or ebay after if I had the spare cash like I do with other shows, but I won't for there. I'll figure something out :lol:
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

Kali Durga wrote:This is Jack and TMR. Why on earth would they want to make anything easy for us? Gotta have that struggle to enrich the experience ;)
For sure!!!You have to challenge yourself!!

Scored two tickets front row center to The Fox in Atlanta!!! Sooo glad we joined the vault when we did!!

The kicker...I'm on my honeymoon in Puerto Rico!!! Thank the stars that the resort, we were gifted a stay at, has wifi in the lounge! We are gonna be broke for the rest of the trip, but I dont care because we got FRONT ROW!!!

Grats to everyone that scored tickets!! So sorry for those that didnt! There's always public on sale!!
Safety first...then teamwork
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

3rdmwsiy wrote:
For sure!!!You have to challenge yourself!!

Scored two tickets front row center to The Fox in Atlanta!!! Sooo glad we joined the vault when we did!!

The kicker...I'm on my honeymoon in Puerto Rico!!! Thank the stars that the resort, we were gifted a stay at, has wifi in the lounge! We are gonna be broke for the rest of the trip, but I dont care because we got FRONT ROW!!!

Grats to everyone that scored tickets!! So sorry for those that didnt! There's always public on sale!!
AWESOME!! congrats on the tix and the marriage/honeymoon.
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

arewhyehen wrote:AWESOME!! congrats on the tix and the marriage/honeymoon.
Thanks and thanks!!!

Good luck to you with your shows!!!
Safety first...then teamwork
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

And this is your 33rd post, are you having a day or what? :lol:

I must admit, it drives me insane every time I've been in line for hours and watched the early entry people walk past, even though it does often work out the way Kali described. Because sometimes it doesn't, and that's always what I'm afraid of. But for the early-entry people, it's super-cool, so . . . .
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

Do these shows tend to be all-ages or 18+? I cannot find that info for the Columbus show, but my 10 year-old son is interested in going and it will help me to wean him off Kidz Bop.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

icdvet wrote:Do these shows tend to be all-ages or 18+? I cannot find that info for the Columbus show, but my 10 year-old son is interested in going and it will help me to wean him off Kidz Bop.
According to Ticketmaster, the Columbus venue is all ages "unless specified". I don't see any indication that Jack's show is otherwise.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Lifestyle-C ... nue_Name_1