Jack White 2018 Tour

Worldwide - Since 2012
Post Reply
hunkswithguns
Little Bird
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:11 am
Location: SC

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by hunkswithguns » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 am

dunedin wrote:Second DC show added and on sale now, May 30th at The Anthem

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/even ... aac1be76bb
VERY tempted to get tickets to night 2 considering I'll be in town the night before...!

User avatar
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper
Posts: 9714
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:39 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by arewhyehen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:24 am

Datch wrote:All the ones named yet.
Though I would like to see another one by Mishka Westel.
To match the Austin poster. I can't find a poster to pair it with.
YES! That crab poster was amazing.

Actually, one of my favourite artists, who is local and has never done a poster for Jack is Miles Tsang. He has done some of my favourite posters in my collection. Check him out..

Copenhagen1822
Little Bird
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:14 am
Location: USA

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by Copenhagen1822 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:39 pm

I am new to this site, just looking for some information really. I recently bought 4 GA tickets to see Jack White this summer, I have never been to one of his shows or a White Stripes show, but I have been listening to their music since around '00 so I am looking forward to it even though his music style has changed significantly since when I was listening to them put out new records almost 20 years ago. Some questions I hope you all can help with:

1: Is it common for Jack to meet with fans/sign autographs before/after shows these days? I am taking my younger brother (18) and a few of his friends to their first concert (this one) and it has been hard enough to get him interested in good music these days. I would like to meet Jack and seeing as he does not usually come to my part of the country and we are driving 5 hours to the show as it is, I would like my brother to come back with something neat to remember his first show with, even it is just a handshake or a photo with Jack and I. This is probably fairly uncommon I am guessing, but I have been to many other shows where for a couple grand you can buy VIP passes and meet the artist one on one, eat backstage, cheaper drinks, etc. This show doesn't allow cell phones and I was first in line online for the pre-sale of tickets the minute they went on sale and the best I could get us were general admission floor tickets, no other options were available (I even called the venue to make sure they were not just sold out, as I was willing to pay a pretty penny, and still am if anyone knows how to make this happen)

3: If the above route of being involved with an artist turning producer and Willy Wonka of the music industry lol who is probably on his last BIG tour before focusing on the growing popularity of his badass pursuits outside of making his own music are not really a good way to be involved, what is a good way? I am sure all of you on this site, would like to or have met Jack for various reasons, just to get autographs or to ask a question, whatever. But in reality this guy is just a normal dude who has done a great job of NOT being anything like any other traditional rock star, hes just a good guy, no drugs, no scandals, no real issues. Just enjoying life and finding success with his particular talent. All I have ever heard is he likes to keep to himself, and who can blame him, I would be the same way. Its about the art, not the value of the art for him, this is evident with the banning of all cell phones at the upcoming tour/watching ebay for people selling items exclusive to vault members "vinyl flippers" and banning them. This is why I would like my younger brother to meet Jack specifically and go on to learn to play my collection of old Kay guitars in a band and maybe make something out of it. I had just got him into Soundgarden and we were scheduled to go see them the tour that Chris Cornell decided to disappear forever. Jack is here and I wish I would have had the opportunity to be a part of the early days of the white stripes and such when I was his age, but I was always too busy and they were never nearby. This is kind of the best shot at it for both of us in a way. Bonding over a common interest and really lifestyle that is cool enough to have its own forum lol.

Well, let me know what you think. I posted this as a topic on accident, replies in either appreciated (or if moderator could remove the one that is in the wrong place)

Thanks,

Jim

User avatar
ryansproutroot
Little Bird
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:06 am

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by ryansproutroot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:56 am

Just bought tickets to the rochester show... originally wasnt gonna go because all of the new york shows are 4+ hours from me, the governers ball is less than an hour away, but im not gonna pay $115 to see one set of jack white at a festival where the 3 other artists im even curious to see are on other days.
I saw how quick tickets were selling and I caved and bought tickets to rochester. i want to get there early because its general admission so im gonna take a 7+ hour ride up there.. im so pumped

anyone have any reccomendations on times to arrive at the venue to get near the front?

also not sure if i should just get a hotel or an airb&b for the night.. id rather nor but idk if doing this trip in one shot will be too much

also if anybody knows the venue let me know!

cant wait! any advice would be appreciated

User avatar
Miss X
Little Bird
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:29 am

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by Miss X » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:36 pm

Just announced he's headlining Xfest near Pittsburgh on June 2nd. Guess I'll go ahead and sell my Lewiston tickets that I tried so hard to get (thinking he wasn't coming anywhere near my city). They are starting the radio station presale for lawn ONLY tomorrow for $20 with no fees. I'm gonna wait for the pavillion seats to go on sale though.

User avatar
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper
Posts: 9714
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:39 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by arewhyehen » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 pm

Miss X wrote:Just announced he's headlining Xfest near Pittsburgh on June 2nd. Guess I'll go ahead and sell my Lewiston tickets that I tried so hard to get (thinking he wasn't coming anywhere near my city). They are starting the radio station presale for lawn ONLY tomorrow for $20 with no fees. I'm gonna wait for the pavillion seats to go on sale though.
Do you have GA pit for Lewiston? I will take them if so...

User avatar
Miss X
Little Bird
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:29 am

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by Miss X » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:25 pm

arewhyehen wrote:
Miss X wrote:Just announced he's headlining Xfest near Pittsburgh on June 2nd. Guess I'll go ahead and sell my Lewiston tickets that I tried so hard to get (thinking he wasn't coming anywhere near my city). They are starting the radio station presale for lawn ONLY tomorrow for $20 with no fees. I'm gonna wait for the pavillion seats to go on sale though.
Do you have GA pit for Lewiston? I will take them if so...

Not sure if you got my message, but no pit. 2 seats next to each other in Row T, left center. Pit was impossible.

User avatar
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper
Posts: 9714
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:39 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by arewhyehen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:29 am

Miss X wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Miss X wrote:Just announced he's headlining Xfest near Pittsburgh on June 2nd. Guess I'll go ahead and sell my Lewiston tickets that I tried so hard to get (thinking he wasn't coming anywhere near my city). They are starting the radio station presale for lawn ONLY tomorrow for $20 with no fees. I'm gonna wait for the pavillion seats to go on sale though.
Do you have GA pit for Lewiston? I will take them if so...

Not sure if you got my message, but no pit. 2 seats next to each other in Row T, left center. Pit was impossible.
I did! Just responded :)

User avatar
higherlimits
Little People
Posts: 4067
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by higherlimits » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Copenhagen1822 wrote:I am new to this site, just looking for some information really. I recently bought 4 GA tickets to see Jack White this summer, I have never been to one of his shows or a White Stripes show, but I have been listening to their music since around '00 so I am looking forward to it even though his music style has changed significantly since when I was listening to them put out new records almost 20 years ago. Some questions I hope you all can help with:

Well, let me know what you think. I posted this as a topic on accident, replies in either appreciated (or if moderator could remove the one that is in the wrong place)

Thanks,

Jim
There's not really any guaranteed way to meet a musician unless they do meet and greets. Jack doesn't so is fairly difficult to meet at shows. He's in and out and doesn't hang around to chat or sign usually.

Copenhagen1822
Little Bird
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:14 am
Location: USA

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by Copenhagen1822 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:24 am

higherlimits wrote:
Copenhagen1822 wrote:I am new to this site, just looking for some information really. I recently bought 4 GA tickets to see Jack White this summer, I have never been to one of his shows or a White Stripes show, but I have been listening to their music since around '00 so I am looking forward to it even though his music style has changed significantly since when I was listening to them put out new records almost 20 years ago. Some questions I hope you all can help with:

Well, let me know what you think. I posted this as a topic on accident, replies in either appreciated (or if moderator could remove the one that is in the wrong place)

Thanks,

Jim
There's not really any guaranteed way to meet a musician unless they do meet and greets. Jack doesn't so is fairly difficult to meet at shows. He's in and out and doesn't hang around to chat or sign usually.

Kind of a shame. Very down to earth guy. I mean look at Lennon. The guy walked Central Park every day same time for a hot dog just to talk to people. Definitely didn’t like fame or people really. Jack doesn’t seem to be a recluse.

User avatar
curseofhalos
Little Ghost
Posts: 1656
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by curseofhalos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Copenhagen1822 wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
Copenhagen1822 wrote:I am new to this site, just looking for some information really. I recently bought 4 GA tickets to see Jack White this summer, I have never been to one of his shows or a White Stripes show, but I have been listening to their music since around '00 so I am looking forward to it even though his music style has changed significantly since when I was listening to them put out new records almost 20 years ago. Some questions I hope you all can help with:

Well, let me know what you think. I posted this as a topic on accident, replies in either appreciated (or if moderator could remove the one that is in the wrong place)

Thanks,

Jim
There's not really any guaranteed way to meet a musician unless they do meet and greets. Jack doesn't so is fairly difficult to meet at shows. He's in and out and doesn't hang around to chat or sign usually.

Kind of a shame. Very down to earth guy. I mean look at Lennon. The guy walked Central Park every day same time for a hot dog just to talk to people. Definitely didn’t like fame or people really. Jack doesn’t seem to be a recluse.
But look what happened to Lennon. And with today's day and age, you can never be too careful. A lot of people are just plain terrible.

vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Location: LA

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by vandelpinkfloyd » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:01 pm

LOL JW will never be on the same level as Lennon... The Beatles alone had worldly exposure and Lennon stood for, and was very outspoken/public about it, sensitive topics like Love and Peace and Anti-War protests and such. Granted there are some shitty people out there but kinda lame if you let that stand in the way of being grateful to your fans. Personally I think Jack is more of a recluse then anything

User avatar
Datch
Little Acorn
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by Datch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 pm

There's a difference meeting people/ strangers day on day while your at 'home' and meeting people while you are basically dragged along from country to country sleeping every night at a different hotel.
I can see that on the later one you don't have as much patience to be meeting people/ strangers if you can avoid it.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”

User avatar
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant
Posts: 7299
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Location: st louis missouri
Contact:

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by Stl_ben » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Heck if Dave Grohl can stop for a few minutes after most shows to sign/chat with fans, not sure why Jack couldn't?
I've seen bigger bands do it all the time and these are also guys that dont only tour for 2 weeks at a time, they are touring 200-300 nights a year.
But then again some guys just dont want to talk to their fans because they think they are better than them....or I mean they want to "keep the mystery."
Anyway, I gave up long ago at getting Jack to sign anything, My Raconteurs record will just remain with 3 signatures instead of 4.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net

User avatar
shaneoftheroad
Little People
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Owensboro, KY

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by shaneoftheroad » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Stl_ben wrote:Heck if Dave Grohl can stop for a few minutes after most shows to sign/chat with fans, not sure why Jack couldn't?
I've seen bigger bands do it all the time and these are also guys that dont only tour for 2 weeks at a time, they are touring 200-300 nights a year.
But then again some guys just dont want to talk to their fans because they think they are better than them....or I mean they want to "keep the mystery."
Anyway, I gave up long ago at getting Jack to sign anything, My Raconteurs record will just remain with 3 signatures instead of 4.
I met Jack during my tour of Third Man with Blackwell a little while back. I didn't ask for an autograph or photo. Though, in retrospect, it seems I should have asked. I think Blackwell set up that meeting so I could at least get a photo. But we were in the heart of Third Man and I didn't know if photos were even allowed.

Anyway, it's one of those "I'll never know" moments.

Post Reply