Jack White 2018 Tour

Worldwide - Since 2012
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by chaptertwentyone »

It beats Governor’s Ball, but I just can’t get excited about another big venue string of shows. Madison Square Garden was neat and all, but I miss the intimacy. Granted, I was one of the folks holding Jack up as he stepped out intoned the crowd which had meant I relatively close, but still. Honestly, I just want to whine some more really.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack White 2018 Shows

Post by G-squared »

vandelpinkfloyd wrote:
gst510 wrote:August 19: Santa Barbara Bowl - Santa Barbara, CA

Sweet!
It's a Sunday but love that venue. See ya there!
I'll 3rd that. I'm about an hour from the Oregon border, but i'll make the trip down for this venue if i can get tix. I had my fingers crossed for the Greek in Berkeley, but i guess his booking agent does not know how cool that venue is.
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

One of the dualities of planning an arena tour is the inclusion of a copy of the CD. All those sales go toward record sales/stats if executed properly. Sell out Little Ceasars - you just sold 20,000 copies of your album and get a guaranteed hit record on your hands....Prince opened the door and others have walked through.

https://www.spin.com/2017/04/chainsmoke ... one-album/
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Blegh.
Come on, Jack.
You’re better than that.
Being snubbed for awards leads to moments like your 2013 Grammy performance.
Purely. Beautiful.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:One of the dualities of planning an arena tour is the inclusion of a copy of the CD. All those sales go toward record sales/stats if executed properly. Sell out Little Ceasars - you just sold 20,000 copies of your album and get a guaranteed hit record on your hands....Prince opened the door and others have walked through.

https://www.spin.com/2017/04/chainsmoke ... one-album/
Yeah, I had this conversation with someone this morning. It's quite common now days. I first had it with Neil Young in 2012 and again recently with Incubus and a few other bands. With falling record sales, I can see why they do it...concert goers might also be more likely to buy merch at the show now that they already have the album, and merch is where an artist makes all their money. Also, yeah, after a sold out tour, a half million extra album sales looks good too..
chaptertwentyone
Little People

That’s a valid point. I get the sales tactic, but... his merch has sucked. It’s sucked so terribly. Right from the get go. I’d never wear that butterfly sweatshirt from his last go ‘round, and the cheap cotton of the majority of the Blunderbuss shirts made my $30 go to waste real fast.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

...then again, I’ve still got all of my slipmats and tour singles in hand.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chaptertwentyone wrote:...then again, I’ve still got all of my slipmats and tour singles in hand.
Hah, yeah. The merch is pretty terrible. I still spent a lot though on the slipmats, singles and posters...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

You wanna sell extra albums on tour? Print several thousand tour exclusive vinyl editions. The fans walk away more than happy and you walk away with a hit record.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

lautrec wrote:
Mick III wrote:Olympia good news. Tuesday and Wednesday bad news... I can't go to Paris in the week...
bad news for you ! i stop working in one month : no problem of date in the future !
I can take a break but my wife can't...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:You wanna sell extra albums on tour? Print several thousand tour exclusive vinyl editions. The fans walk away more than happy and you walk away with a hit record.

Yes but that is only an increase of a few thousand. This way increases it by hundreds of thousands..
Sarava
Little Bird

Post by Sarava »

So I really want to go to the Grand Rapids show. Should we expect tickets to be really tough to get with the low seating capacity of 2600? I did sign up for the verified ticketmaster fan thing....do you guys think that will be enough to score tickets? I can join the Vault I guess, though I have no use for the vinyl. So it would be paying $60 just to better my tickets chances. Thoughts?
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

My prediction is that after the shows go on sale, he adds more London dates. It seems odd that there's a Friday -Sunday gap between finishing London and going to Amsterdam, plus he's playing a venue a quarter of the size of the last London venue he played.
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

vandelpinkfloyd wrote:
gst510 wrote:August 19: Santa Barbara Bowl - Santa Barbara, CA

Sweet!
It's a Sunday but love that venue. See ya there!

I've actually never been so i'm excited to check it out.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Super excited about the 2 shows in Dallas, The Bomb Factory is a decent venue... they are on Friday night and Sunday night, wonder what he has planned on Saturday April 28th??
Could just be that Judas Priest has the venue that day... figured he might go to a Rangers game, but they are in Toronto that day...