Final 5 Acoustic Shows

Worldwide - Since 2012
rhonmich
Little Bird

Re: Final 5 Acoustic Shows

Post by rhonmich »

makers888 wrote:Jack's here! Just saw him come off the bus and walk in the venue! Fats came out and said hi too. Seeing some music tonight!
Glad you made it!! I was at the Rapid City show, and tuning in tonight.

What a week, and what a weekend!
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

This set up reminds me of his Cold Mountain stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZXBw-9gyc0
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Brought a tear to my eye. (Well, my mom's name is Irene so it's not that hard.) Amazing stuff—I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Vault member! :)
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
MacATL
Little Bird

Post by MacATL »

Absolutely amazing show tonight. So good. I would love to go on acoustic tour.

I so hope Jack White stopping touring is technically "Jack White" and not Jack White. Dead Weather will need touring support on the new album.
Todd
Little Bird

Post by Todd »

A few tears here as well.. Vault stream was amazing. Grateful to be able to have enjoyed it with my wife and daughter tonight from the comfort of my couch.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Watched on Apple TV from my laptop and it worked great. What a fantastic show. We got our $60 worth this month. Go Vault !!!
I am teary eyed myself. Thinking about no more JW touring for awhile will leave a void. I've been listening to him a long time, really saved the last decade of music for me.
Amazing to see Him go from Punkish Rock to the WS in arenas to Raconteurs, DW, then conquer the world as a solo artist and go from rock star to easily Country Star. From bar rooms to Arenas and everything in between. He is a special soul !
He is amazing. Fats , Dominic, and Rische are as good as you can get for band mates. Fats is crazy talented.
So wish that foursome could play a show at the Ryman. It would be such a lovely thing!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

So now it's over and people are sad and angry or whatever else they are feeling (on facebook). Anyone else find it odd? I mean, this is a fairly typical thing for a band. Tour for awhile and then stop for awhile to go back home and live their lives and then work on a new album. I go two or three years (or more) before seeing my favourite band again because of these same reasons, just they don't announce it like Jack has. I saw Jack probably 15-16 times in 4 years. That's more than any other band in that time span. I think that's more than I could ask for. I think we need to look at it that way. And also...every band does this so let's not let it get us down. It's been 4 years since I've seen the Foo Fighters but they didn't announce they would take off 4 years from touring and I didn't even think twice about it. I'm super excited to see them this summer though! Wooo!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I think it's different. Jack has said in the past that he makes albums so he can tour, in the past he enjoyed touring (maybe he still does). So, I associate him saying "I'm not touring for a while" as a way to say he's not going to be working on an album. This last one took him a couple years to put together. He's really had the touring players occupied for several years now between touring on Blunderbuss, then working on Lazaretto, and then touring on it. Jack could be the next Cat Stevens for all we know.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:I think it's different. Jack has said in the past that he makes albums so he can tour, in the past he enjoyed touring (maybe he still does). So, I associate him saying "I'm not touring for a while" as a way to say he's not going to be working on an album. This last one took him a couple years to put together. He's really had the touring players occupied for several years now between touring on Blunderbuss, then working on Lazaretto, and then touring on it. Jack could be the next Cat Stevens for all we know.
I don't think it's different at all. All bands go through these cycles. He also just said yesterday that he will be working on Dead Weather songs as well as a few other projects while he's off. I'm sure there will be plenty of writing while he's off. He's human, he gets worn out and misses his kids like any other band.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I do hope the new Dead Weather album comes out this year and they tour on it, but I'm not holding my breath. I've passed out too many times in the past.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:I do hope the new Dead Weather album comes out this year and they tour on it, but I'm not holding my breath. I've passed out too many times in the past.
I am with you there. The Dead Weather have played Canada a few times in the past and I've had other things going on. Not going to pass up this time. I will probably have to hit up detroit or something but after seeing The Kills, I am really looking forward to DW. I think we obviously know the DW album is coming, it's just weather or not a tour comes right away.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Bummed I just found out about the stream. Oh well, I'll be waiting for the inevitable Vault release I suppose. :D
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

curseofhalos wrote:Bummed I just found out about the stream. Oh well, I'll be waiting for the inevitable Vault release I suppose. :D

Sign up for a free month of TIDAL. It is, or will be, on demand to watch. And I hope someone has ripped it and it will be around for download.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

arewhyehen wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:Bummed I just found out about the stream. Oh well, I'll be waiting for the inevitable Vault release I suppose. :D

Sign up for a free month of TIDAL. It is, or will be, on demand to watch. And I hope someone has ripped it and it will be around for download.
If someone has this ripped can you please hook it up? I didn't sign up for for VP-24. It's annoying that you don't get a full 3 months of Vault access if you cancel within the 3 months. I never want it to auto-renew on me so I usually just cancel pretty much after the deadline is up.
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

dang did not hear about hte vault stream. is there a way to have the vault send emails? seems i miss all the good news cause i don't actually check the vault as often as i should.

I did hear about the tidal stream but got home just as it was starting and figured i wouldn't have time to get tidal up and running to watch.

someone post when it is up on demand and I will try a free month out of Tidal.