Worldwide - Since 2012
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Re: Final 5 Acoustic Shows

Post by Coma16 »

Stl_ben wrote:
koala wrote:Did he only play 3 songs?
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jack-whit ... 8e992.html

Even the photos for the show are very few.
$1 a song...what more do you want!
More than 3 songs.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Seems like a lot of work organizing, getting up to Alaska, and then only performing 3 songs. But, it's Jack White so damn near anything goes. Gotta remember he played a 1 note song/show in a Canadian providence.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

rsimms3 wrote:Seems like a lot of work organizing, getting up to Alaska, and then only performing 3 songs. But, it's Jack White so damn near anything goes. Gotta remember he played a 1 note song/show in a Canadian providence.....
Agreed - it must be a mistake. For the one-note show, i think it was positioned that way. That DVD is so good but so heartbreaking at times because you can see the pain in Meg.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

When the lights finally dimmed, excitement inside reached it’s peak. The stage setup was simple:

Four performers: Jack White, Fats Kaplin, Lillie Mae Rische and Dominic Davis
Four ribbon microphones
Acoustic instruments, including: a guitar, bass, mandolin, dobro, banjo, fiddle and violin
Blue-lit streetlights
An American flag and an Alaska flag

The music was a mix of new and old material from White’s library, as well as a few choice American classics. Interlaced between songs was a bit of heartfelt storytelling and some humor from the former White Stripes frontman.

At the end of the show, White stepped to the front of the stage, off-microphone and invited the entire crowd of roughly 900 people to join him in a chorus of “Goodnight Irene.”

When the song was over, the crowd cheered, clapped and hollered as White said, “God Bless you, you’ve been incredible. And I’ve been Jack White” and walked off stage.

If you were in the audience Monday evening, it’s likely you’ll be talking about this show for some time. If you missed it, you have 4 more chances to see it — albeit outside of Alaska — before White takes a break from performing.

http://www.ktva.com/jack-white-announce ... night-499/
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Sounds amazing! Glad it was a full show and sounds like a great mix of tunes.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

dunedin wrote:Jack Johnson guested on WAGBF

http://www.stereogum.com/1795917/see-ja ... how/video/

...in Hawaii.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Oh :oops:
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

rsimms3 wrote:Seems like a lot of work organizing, getting up to Alaska, and then only performing 3 songs. But, it's Jack White so damn near anything goes. Gotta remember he played a 1 note song/show in a Canadian province.....
Yeah, but he was already in that city for a full concert. not like it took much extra work to do a side-show.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

In the comments section of the Vault someone posted this setlist, but this is not the order....
Just One Drink, Temporary Ground, You know that I know, Entitlement, SameBoy You've Always Known, Offend in Every Way, We are Gonna Be Friends,machine gun silhouette, Love Interruption,Carolina Drama, A Martyr for my Love for You, YOu've got her in your pocket, and He closed with Goodnight Irene.
Machine Gun Silhouette?!?!?!?
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

curseofhalos wrote:In the comments section of the Vault someone posted this setlist, but this is not the order....
Just One Drink, Temporary Ground, You know that I know, Entitlement, SameBoy You've Always Known, Offend in Every Way, We are Gonna Be Friends,machine gun silhouette, Love Interruption,Carolina Drama, A Martyr for my Love for You, YOu've got her in your pocket, and He closed with Goodnight Irene.
Machine Gun Silhouette?!?!?!?
Looks like it. I MUST hear a recording of this.
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
Miss X
Little Bird

Post by Miss X »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/live- ... a-20150421

Nice little write up about it. Funny that someone from the audience wished him a happy 4/20!
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Does anyone who lives in Idaho know anyone who works at the Egyptian?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

higherlimits wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Seems like a lot of work organizing, getting up to Alaska, and then only performing 3 songs. But, it's Jack White so damn near anything goes. Gotta remember he played a 1 note song/show in a Canadian province.....
Yeah, but he was already in that city for a full concert. not like it took much extra work to do a side-show.
The Frenchies don't spell it providence? ;) :lol:
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

rsimms3 wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
The Frenchies don't spell it providence? ;) :lol:
The newfies aren't frenchies, but they probably don't even know how to spell anyways