Final 5 Acoustic Shows

Worldwide - Since 2012
hunkswithguns
Little Bird

Re: 5 State Question

Post by hunkswithguns »

bkramer10 wrote:So who is going to try and get to one of these shows from out of state?
My hometown is in Southern NH and I'm in SC. I was actually looking at getting a friend from home to snag me a ticket and I'd buy a one-way flight that morning and hoof it up north. Really just a pipe dream but it was a letdown to hear he played NH back in the day.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Stl_ben wrote:
Melon wrote:does this mean the dead weather are back?
No...and that is not relevant to the thread....
Lets narrow this down folks!
douche... i mean touche :roll:
houses are full of things that gather dust
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

bkramer10 wrote:So who is going to try and get to one of these shows from out of state?
Boise is only 6.5 hours from me. RRS is Chooglin to Utah today. Fingers crossed.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

Damn! Like StlBen, I'm just too far away to make it to any of these locations. Guess I will keep my fingers crossed for a Vault release sometime in the future...
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

as much as i'd love to see jack again, i was lucky enough to see him three times in three states last year, including the blue room. I hope these shows are filled with lucky fans from those states that have never seen him or haven't in years rather than people who have seen him play 20 times. It's such a cool thing he's doing to give those people a chance.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Fortunately I saw him last year at Paris for the first time of my life. I really wanted to see him again this year with Dead Weather but it seems it was a dream ...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

dreamover wrote:as much as i'd love to see jack again, i was lucky enough to see him three times in three states last year, including the blue room. I hope these shows are filled with lucky fans from those states that have never seen him or haven't in years rather than people who have seen him play 20 times. It's such a cool thing he's doing to give those people a chance.
yeah I think unless someone has inside info they would be almost impossible for most folks to attend.

People that live in these areas that are getting the shows will most likely flood the venue as soon as it is announced...its not like they are getting a lot of top tier bands touring in Idaho.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

Stl_ben wrote:
dreamover wrote:as much as i'd love to see jack again, i was lucky enough to see him three times in three states last year, including the blue room. I hope these shows are filled with lucky fans from those states that have never seen him or haven't in years rather than people who have seen him play 20 times. It's such a cool thing he's doing to give those people a chance.
yeah I think unless someone has inside info they would be almost impossible for most folks to attend.

People that live in these areas that are getting the shows will most likely flood the venue as soon as it is announced...its not like they are getting a lot of top tier bands touring in Idaho.
there's certain people that always find a way. you know what i'm talking about...
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

That is an interesting comment.
My experience with Prince in London was that if the
venue was inconvenient for a lot of people to get to then
many assumed tickets would be sold out bad so didn't bother
turning up.
I turned up 1 hour before doors opening for a 2000 capacity gig
and got ticket 1100 or so.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kaber wrote:That is an interesting comment.
My experience with Prince in London was that if the
venue was inconvenient for a lot of people to get to then
many assumed tickets would be sold out bad so didn't bother
turning up.
I turned up 1 hour before doors opening for a 2000 capacity gig
and got ticket 1100 or so.
Well I don't think the venues he will be playing on this leg with be nearly that big, have to keep it small for a true acoustic set.
And as far as convenience goes...I don't think any of these states are convenient for non-residents to get to. Meaning 5+ hour drives with 0 advance notice to beat crowds of people that do live in said area.

But yeah I am sure there will be a few people that get inside info and be in one of the towns in advance.
Miss X
Little Bird

Post by Miss X »

I know the 5 states have been narrowed down, but I was really hoping West Virginia was one of them. I couldn't find anything online of him ever playing there. Wishful thinking.

Nevermind, TWS, Morgantown 2002. Had to see it for myself.
jeejet
Little Bird

Post by jeejet »

Stl_ben wrote:

Boise is hipper than you think - there's a Knitting Factory there and they have a larger amphitheater that gets a lot of major acts. My uncle lives there and he says the Knitting Factory is always packed. Thinking about asking him if I can stay in his guest room all next week...
"And when you turn over, I get a funny feeling..." #jackitsaboner

Twitter: @jeejet, Instagram: jeejet7, Vault: jeejet
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

jeejet wrote: Thinking about asking him if I can stay in his guest room all next week...
Do we know for sure these shows are next week?
Some of the shows are pretty remote (Alaska) and I would imagine may not all get squeezed into one week.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Stl_ben wrote:
brainwave wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:I have it narrowed down to 9 states....any you can help eliminate?
ND, SD, Wyoming, Iowa, Arkansas, Alaska, Idaho, Vermont, and New hampshire
Are these states he has never played in any incarnation? He didn't play MN solo ever.
States he hasn't played with any band. If it is just solo that would leave WAY more than 5.
edit: someone beat me to it
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

I would definitely try to go to Idaho if the date lines up well with my schedule.