Billy Bob's Ft. Worth Tilt Campaign

Worldwide - Since 2012
carlbelvin
Little Cream Soda

Re: Billy Bob's Ft. Worth Tilt Campaign

Post by carlbelvin »

higherlimits wrote:If Jack plays this I would be very surprised. He'd just be giving into pressure and it would create a terrible precident. Almost any venue in North America could sell 1000 tickets to see Jack White, why would he do this one over anywhere else?
Agreed. Billy Bobs capacity is 6000 I think so basicly its expecting him to come with less then half sold. This all just feels funny to me, still don't see it happening.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

carlbelvin wrote:
higherlimits wrote:If Jack plays this I would be very surprised. He'd just be giving into pressure and it would create a terrible precident. Almost any venue in North America could sell 1000 tickets to see Jack White, why would he do this one over anywhere else?
Agreed. Billy Bobs capacity is 6000 I think so basicly its expecting him to come with less then half sold. This all just feels funny to me, still don't see it happening.
The place is massive and although the capacity is 6000, it is considered a sell out when the "showroom" is sold out. In a general admission layout, the showroom holds just under 3000.
See the pic below, for this show, if it happens, they will remove all the tables and chairs and that area will be general admission... if the show is a go, they will then start selling "non-showroom" general admission tickets for the gray areas on each side of the showroom. They can sell up to 4000 of those tickets, but like I said, they consider those extra sales and don't technically count towards a sell out.
And if you have ever been there you know why, that's the equivalent to standing out in the concourse of a normal concert arena, unless you get some of the choice spots along the side rail.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Post by cobytate »

i passed on the campaign after some serious consideration. ultimately, i couldn't imagine enjoying myself at a jack show in billy bob's. no matter who is playing, a fair majority of the crowd is there just to take a picture to put on facebook and get twisted drunk. 85% of shows there involve 75% of the beer sold being hurled through the air. i got those numbers from todd snider:

"64 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot
82.4 percent of people believe 'em whether they're accurate statistics or not" - statistician's blues

looking forward to being an innocent bystander when this thing (probably) pisses a lot of people off…
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

cobytate wrote:i passed on the campaign after some serious consideration. ultimately, i couldn't imagine enjoying myself at a jack show in billy bob's. no matter who is playing, a fair majority of the crowd is there just to take a picture to put on facebook and get twisted drunk. 85% of shows there involve 75% of the beer sold being hurled through the air. i got those numbers from todd snider:

"64 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot
82.4 percent of people believe 'em whether they're accurate statistics or not" - statistician's blues

looking forward to being an innocent bystander when this thing (probably) pisses a lot of people off…
there are legitimate reasons to dislike Billy Bob's as a live music venue, but none of yours are really valid... the main reason would be the crappy tables and chairs situation, but that is not the case for this show... I have seen literally hundreds of shows there for the past 30 years and can guarantee if this show happens, it will be really special and you will regret not being there...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I can see this show not happening because they don't want to set a precedent, unfortunately, but not because
cobytate wrote:no matter who is playing, a fair majority of the crowd is there just to take a picture to put on facebook and get twisted drunk.
Those folks wouldn't have bothered to get involved in this sort of campaign.

Anyway, although I'm not too optimistic, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed because it would be very cool.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426353831.832629.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Wait, buying tickets to a show you haven't even scheduled wasn't enough effort on my part? Now you want me to make a video to pester JW? Go fuck yourself Billy Bob's.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

cwja wrote:Wait, buying tickets to a show you haven't even scheduled wasn't enough effort on my part? Now you want me to make a video to pester JW? Go fuck yourself Billy Bob's.
Damn, Chris why you so bitter lately? :)
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

bh1644 wrote:
cwja wrote:Wait, buying tickets to a show you haven't even scheduled wasn't enough effort on my part? Now you want me to make a video to pester JW? Go fuck yourself Billy Bob's.
Damn, Chris why you so bitter lately? :)
Sorry, the combination of multiple emails about this cockamamie idea and Zayn leaving 1D pushed me over the edge. I've come to grips with it and calmed down now.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

guess I will be watching for my $100 refund...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

hahahaha
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Billy Bob's Texas posted an update to Bring Jack White to Billy Bob's Texas!

“Hey Guys- While we have heard the news on Jack's future, we are asking everyone to be patient with us over the next week. We have one last trick up our sleeve and we want to make sure we give 100% effort to make this happen. If we receive word that this show is not possible, you will be the first to know & refunds will be given. Thank you for your patience and most of all, thank you for supporting music."

whatever... just refund my money already... before I send cwja over to collect...
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Probably just a coincidence that they posted the update shortly after Tilt replied to my second tweet about refunds and had me message them details about what was going on. :roll:
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Jack White loving fans- Billy Bob’s Texas would like to thank every single contributor, media outlet, video + photo submissions (including Donna White), Daru Jones, Tilt and everyone else who helped fuel this great musical experiment. We have explored every opportunity possible and put this effort in front of every member of Jack’s camp. We even sent a fantastic fan created video to Jack’s management and agent! However, we've learned that the news about Jack’s hiatus from live performances is sadly true. That being said, we are beginning the process to refund all of the Tilt contributions. Please allow 4-5 days for your refund to process. Please send any billing or refund questions you may have after that time to happiness@tilt.com. As Jack White recently said during his final acoustic show, “If you feel strongly about music and love music, tell people that. Music is not disposable and it shouldn’t be treated that way.” If later down the road the possibility of Jack performing at Billy Bob’s comes back to the forefront, any Tilt contributor from this campaign will be notified first. What we were able to accomplish in a matter of 6 days was truly remarkable and it told everyone that Fort Worth/Dallas loves music and we love the artists who create it. We are so proud of what you all were able to do and everyone should keep their heads held high on a valiant effort to do something big! Now the question is - who should we try and Tilt next?
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Got my refund.