February 2nd, McCasland Fieldhouse, Norman OK

Worldwide - Since 2012
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Re: February 2nd, McCasland Fieldhouse, Norman OK

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

Aquamarine wrote:
littlecreamsoda3 wrote:Hey there John Tom! I was one of the folks waiting out all day with you (Kirsten). I saw the little girl on stage but had no idea it was you two!! I'm glad it turned out so great for you guys.
When we finally got let in, we ran to the center stage (not rail) and I was happy with that. The people in front of me were saving the center rail spot for Helen who didn't get EE. Well she never showed, and they looked down the rail to see that she had already secured a spot. So they both turned to me and said "looks like you're up!"
SO yeah, first time on rail at a Jack show and it was right in the center of the stage. I still can't believe that happened.
I'm so glad he was able to channel the frustration from the OU Daily, into pure head splitting guitar playing. What a show.
Helen did show (being first in line), she just didn't know her kind EE friends had a spot for her! But it all worked out great, one of the best JW shows I've ever seen, and the interaction with that lovely little girl was wonderful. :-)
Yep. I chatted with her. She must have just snuck by her friends (those are some pretty cool friends) and it paid off for me (I was there at 11:30AM.)
I remember Jack yelling to Daru to start the next song, the beginning was muffled but all the people around me heard was "my love". We went BESERK as we all thought he was going to do Power of my Love. Everyone in the band looked at us and smiled like, wow they must really like WYFFML. We were kinda sad when it wasn't Power of My Love, but it obviously was still a great choice!!
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Aquamarine = Helen =me ;-) and it was great to talk to you!
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Aquamarine wrote:Aquamarine = Helen =me ;-) and it was great to talk to you!
haha!! great to meet you. I was in between Tao and another guy who I didn't catch his name. I'm glad you got your spot! Thanks for inadvertently allowing me to experience my first time on the rail !!!
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Does anyone have any audio from this show? I NEEEEED to relive its epicness
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I'd kill for it too, but none has surfaced so far. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen him do, so many people would be mega-grateful if anyone can track it down.