Austin Music Hall 1-24/25-2015

Worldwide - Since 2012
cwja
Little Ghost

Austin Music Hall 1-24/25-2015

Post by cwja »

First shows in 2015. Who else will be there? Will you be there for both nights? If not, which night? Most importantly, where is the pre-party for all of us not waiting in line all day folks? Anyone been to this venue, what's it like?
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Re: Austin Music Hall 1-24/25-2015

Post by MichaelRox »

Will be there both nights. Balcony night 1 so I can bring my 6yr old niece and floor night 2. Can't wait.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

I'll be there both nights. I'll probably get there early though if we don't win early entry. Speaking of which, if anyone wins and has the +1 open, let me know!
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

When there are 2 shows in a row is there an opportunity fir early entry both nights? I figured there would be just thought I would check to be certain. I think I will be there early regardless to hang with other TMR fans.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

It only seems right that any pre-party be held at Frank. It's a short walk from Austin Music Hall (0.4 miles). http://hotdogscoldbeer.com/
cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Post by cobytate »

i’ll be there both nights on the floor. i’ll be putting my name in the pot for early entry both nights if available, but if i don’t get it the weather will seriously determine if/how long i’m willing to stand in line outside the venue. i’ve never been to the venue before, but i’ve heard that it’s pretty cool from most anywhere in the room. there are some photos on their website that should give a good idea of the layout of the place.

http://musichallaustin.com/
MichaelRox wrote:It only seems right that any pre-party be held at Frank. It's a short walk from Austin Music Hall (0.4 miles). http://hotdogscoldbeer.com/
definitely. i’d be game for a swirl pre-party here!
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

I sent both Frank & Swank an e-mail asking/suggesting to do something at Frank. I just received an e-mail back from Frank...

"Yo! Heard loud and clear - we were just chattin' about previous Jack White specials. We're tossing a few ideas around and will keep you posted. Hit us back if you haven't heard from us in a weekish.
Cheers and look forward to seeing ya"

This is looking really promising. I will keep everyone posted. Pretty stoked!
cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Post by cobytate »

MichaelRox wrote:I sent both Frank & Swank an e-mail asking/suggesting to do something at Frank. I just received an e-mail back from Frank...

"Yo! Heard loud and clear - we were just chattin' about previous Jack White specials. We're tossing a few ideas around and will keep you posted. Hit us back if you haven't heard from us in a weekish.
Cheers and look forward to seeing ya"

This is looking really promising. I will keep everyone posted. Pretty stoked!
great news! the only thing that would make it better is if they let ticketholders buy merch at the pre-party!
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Sounds good to me. Have they announced an opener for this show?
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

cwja wrote:Sounds good to me. Have they announced an opener for this show?

Not that I've seen.
I got a response from Swank today saying he thought that it was a great Idea and that Frank was the best spot he would be able to think of to host something. He said that he wasn't sure what role TMR could officially play but asked me what I envisioned them doing. I gave him some ideas. Hopefully hear back from both again soon. Either way it looks like Frank will be the place to be. I am hoping for early entry even more than before now.
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

MichaelRox wrote:
cwja wrote:Sounds good to me. Have they announced an opener for this show?

Not that I've seen.
I got a response from Swank today saying he thought that it was a great Idea and that Frank was the best spot he would be able to think of to host something. He said that he wasn't sure what role TMR could officially play but asked me what I envisioned them doing. I gave him some ideas. Hopefully hear back from both again soon. Either way it looks like Frank will be the place to be. I am hoping for early entry even more than before now.
Niiiiiice. I'm flying in from KS for the Saturday show. Kinda bummed I'm in the balcony but I'll make the best of it.
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Chicano Batman as the opener. Alright...
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Gave them a listen and....it looks like I'll have some extra drinking time before the show.
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

cwja wrote:Gave them a listen and....it looks like I'll have some extra drinking time before the show.
Hahahahah. I'm trying to remain optimistic. But I'm with ya. Not really my cup of tea
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Just received confirmation that Frank http://hotdogscoldbeer.com/ will have JW inspired specials this weekend. I will post them as soon as they are released. Hopefully see some of y'all there. Be sure to help spread the word, they were very kind to do this.