November 19th, 02 Arena - Mystery Cover?

Worldwide - Since 2012
supwrman32
Little Bird

November 19th, 02 Arena - Mystery Cover?

Post by supwrman32 »

So yea, there was a mysterious track Jack played that no one knows. It could be a cover.
Any ideas? :?: :?
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Re: November 19th, 02 Arena - Mystery Cover?

Post by matthewvh »

He played that during Cannon at the Masonic Temple show and at the Vienna show, too. No idea what it is, though.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I don't know what that is, either, but bear in mind that not every "cover" is a cover. He's been quite improvisational with this band. There've been something like a half-dozen completely improvised songs this year.

That said, it'd be easier to figure that ^^ song out if we could hear more of the lyrics.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I don't know what that is, either, but bear in mind that not every "cover" is a cover. He's been quite improvisational with this band. There've been something like a half-dozen completely improvised songs this year.

That said, it'd be easier to figure that ^^ song out if we could hear more of the lyrics.
Ya, he has said a bunch of times that he will actually start to write songs live on stage without telling the band...haha..if it has been played a bunch of times, who knows what it could be..
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

This is another unknown song, that to my knowledge has only been played once. I wonder if it is one of the songs he wrote on stage as it was happening. It's from the June 30 show in Paris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exwFTfUMDOE
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

matthewvh wrote:This is another unknown song, that to my knowledge has only been played once. I wonder if it is one of the songs he wrote on stage as it was happening. It's from the June 30 show in Paris

That's the song that blows me away the most. The two from the first night in Seattle were pretty mind-blowing, one of them had me crying through Cannon, for Pete's sake, but this one takes my breath away.

Thanks, Matthew, now I'm gonna have it on repeat for a week again.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

Kali Durga wrote:
matthewvh wrote:This is another unknown song, that to my knowledge has only been played once. I wonder if it is one of the songs he wrote on stage as it was happening. It's from the June 30 show in Paris

That's the song that blows me away the most. The two from the first night in Seattle were pretty mind-blowing, one of them had me crying through Cannon, for Pete's sake, but this one takes my breath away.

Thanks, Matthew, now I'm gonna have it on repeat for a week again.
Haha :)

Hopefully some audio of that Seattle one shows up.
supwrman32
Little Bird

Post by supwrman32 »

Thanks for the replies!
I didn't know that Jack does new songs live like this.
Makes me like him so much more. :clap:
yolomanolo
Little Cream Soda

Post by yolomanolo »

At the fonda show, i remember he did a 10-second improvised song during High Ball Stepper with the only lyric "children talk to mother on a christmas day"
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

yolomanolo wrote:At the fonda show, i remember he did a 10-second improvised song during High Ball Stepper with the only lyric "children talk to mother on a christmas day"
Yeah. I was there and wasn't sure if that was a cover or if he made that up.