January 31st, 2015: Schottenstein Center - Columbus, OH

Worldwide - Since 2012
MaggieMay
Little Bird

Re: January 31st, 2015: Schottenstein Center - Columbus, OH

Post by MaggieMay »

I posted in Vault news too (I'm MaggieMay) if you need a plus one and want a great spot in the EE line, I'm you're gal! I'll have hot hands-hand Warmers, snacks, and sparkling conversation for any of those interested in a line buddy and /or need a plus one! I'll buy you a t shirt or a poster! High of 35 degrees, let me wait in line and then we'll be wisked away into the arena when the EE time comes.
videogremmie
Little Bird

Post by videogremmie »

Please let me know if anyone has an extra Columbus. I'm Looking to buy a Columbus GA / Floor ticket for SAT 1/31. I need one and my 2 friends are also hoping to be able to go too. Would love to buy 1,2 or 3 to chip away at the tix we need. Thank you in advance for any help! Mike D
Toledo
Little Bird

Post by Toledo »

My girlfriend and I will be posted up pretty early for any of you swirlers wanting to enjoy the beauty of a long wait.
If you go looking for hot water, don't acted shocked when you get burned a little bit.
Chris1320
Little Bird

Post by Chris1320 »

What time is anyone planning on getting there? I can't decide how early to go with it being colder out. Don't know if there'll be the usual 9am type of line
mhcox
Little Cream Soda

Post by mhcox »

I have one GA floor ticket in hand and available for tonight's show. My dad can no longer come into town due to the snow store expected tonight. Anyone else in need of an extra?
when roles are reversed, opinions are too.
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

Todd slater tonight. 150 available at the show.

mhcox
Little Cream Soda

Post by mhcox »

Anyone know when the doors open? Also, how's the line outside right now?
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

I have been going to gigs for 30 years and without a doubt this is THE worst support band I have ever had the misfortune to encounter
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

icdvet wrote:I have been going to gigs for 30 years and without a doubt this is THE worst support band I have ever had the misfortune to encounter
Detroit 2012 we had Duane the Teenage Weirdo open, I got you beat....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Nothing will ever be worse than Hell Beach opening at Chattanooga. I couldn't even summon up a courtesy clap for them. Chicano Batman were ok tonight. Their set the second night in Austin was much better. I think they're fun.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Sizzle
Little Bird

Post by Sizzle »

I thought Chicano Batman was really good. I feel like they took traditional Latin music and infused psychedelia perfectly.
Toledo
Little Bird

Post by Toledo »

Got in line around 2:30, as soon as we set up our chairs and blankets to prepare for the cold wait, they let us inside. So we spent 4 hours in inside waiting and we're about 20th in line. Which after a poster run, got me 4th from the rail.

The opener was pretty weird as expected, the music wasn't bad, but the singing was a bit harsh for my linking.

Jack brought the heat, and really seemed to be enjoying the crowd and his band. Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of issues with people near the stage trying to take pictures and videos which resulted in a lot of arguments which almost escalated. Jack also called someone out for taking video in the middle of "we are going to be friends", saying how the people behind him can't see. Which was pretty cool. I felt like he was a bit tired from MSG, and didn't play a lot of high energy songs, but all around it was a good show and an amazing experience!
If you go looking for hot water, don't acted shocked when you get burned a little bit.
Sizzle
Little Bird

Post by Sizzle »

If a bootleg pops up for this show, I would be stoked.
mhcox
Little Cream Soda

Post by mhcox »

What a show! There must be something in that Ohio water.
Chris1320
Little Bird

Post by Chris1320 »

mhcox wrote:What a show! There must be something in that Ohio water.
Ha. It was in that random drink concoction he asked for.