2015 South American Tour

Worldwide - Since 2012
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: 2015 South American Tour

Post by Aquamarine »

Hopefully this now clears up the Horus/Horace thing, Horace being a poet, while the other three are all representative of different philosophies or ways of thinking. Plus even when performed live, he seems to be clearly not saying Horace.

That Santiago poster is gorgeous, btw. :)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yes, but Jack likes his plays on words and so do I, and while i know both the lyric and the poster are Horus, in the video it's Horace (Horace's Loans next door to Nietzsche's Liquors and Sigmund and Mum Groceries). So I'm going to continue liking the idea of Horus/Horace. Why can't it be both? :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

When I saw that in the video, I assumed it was a mistake on the artist's part, which is what I still think, though Jack seems to have let it go. It could be both, of course, but Horace makes zero sense in that context. So, just my opinion--not a play on words, only an error. Though of course, Sigmund would say there are no mistakes of that kind . . .
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

So, where's Neitzsche? (Did I spell it right this time?)

And what's Jack got against Carl Jung, huh?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."