January 30th, 2015: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Worldwide - Since 2012
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Re: January 30th, 2015: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Post by tanzaib »

Seen a poster being sold on ebay already.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

I grabbed one guys! Sick poster
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda

Post by fondfarewell »

Fyi merch stands with posters are spread throughout the arena.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Somniferous wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:
pj101ca wrote:I hope that's not the poster tube she plans on using for tonight's print
I'm just going to continue to beg over here too. If someone can PLEASE grab an extra it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know that i'm going to make it before they sell out. I have cash and vinyl as compensation!!!!

P.S. anyone know where the merch stand will be?
I could grab you one if you still need it.
Thank you for the offer!

Show was amazing! I was about 10 rows back, what a show!
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

The poster is insane so much amazing detail and hugeeeee rob jones killed this one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Great reviews so far.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

So, is Jack still confused by New York?
Patient B1003
morgnjordn
Little Bird

Post by morgnjordn »

OH MY GOD. That was an amazing show!!!

Regarding the line, I met some people who had been waiting there since 6 am.

If anyone has the Pandora stream ripped, LMK!
And who the hell’s impressed by you? I want names of the people that we know that are falling for this.
KNARF
Little Cream Soda

Post by KNARF »

Funny how things work out. After the Radio City debacle, everyone was so quick to say Jack did not like New York because of 1 single incident.
Meanwhile in his career he's played more shows in NY as both The White Stripes & Solo than any other place in the world,
with only amazing reviews of New York shows. I don't need reviews cause I've lived the shows.

Last night Jack did something I've never seen him do in the 85+ times I've seen him.
Something I've never heard of him doing in any other city. If anyone has, please post photos.
In short, many fans have seen Jack White, but how many have held him? (besides his parents)

For a group of say maybe 30 lucky (TO SAY THE LEAST!!!) fans at "The most famous arena in the world",
Madison Square Garden, an experience for the ages too place last night.
I don't know what better gesture there is towards loving a an audience, venue & city,
than actually putting his guitar down and walking right into the crowd and wanting to be held by the fans.
I'm not talking about just sticking half your body in the crowd to feel some hands. This was all-in!!! UNREAL!!!

There's been so much talk about the length of shows and how they may be an indicator of how much he loves an audience.
But we all know this is not true. Jack does what he feels at the moment. I've heard of 45 minute shows for really loud audiences.
I'll take a 3O minute show over a 3 hour show if it means I get to hold Jack White up at Madison Square Garden.
I'll take that experience anywhere, but at Madison Square Garden??? There is not any air space in the world I'd prefer to have the memory in.
Elvis & John Lennon were there for god's sake!

There are many great shows and there will continue to be, but there are very few that are truly LEGENDARY.
Surprise guests are great, but how often do fans get to experience something like what happened last night?
The surprise stage at Roseland during Blunderbuss tour was epic. But last night took the cake.
So many great moments with WS & JW but last night topped the all!

LEGENDARY!!!
"My sister thanks you and I thank you"
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Right there with you, Frank.
When Ty did it at Webster hall recently I was right below him, but with Jack I was directly in front of him and it was SURREAL.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
jerseyjammer
Little Bird

Post by jerseyjammer »

That was a sick show. Really rocked MSG. The floor was shaking up by me.

Does he usually have all of his shows video recorded? I noticed the entire show being recorded on video. Think there is a potential for a DVD release?

Does anyone know who the guitarist was that took the stage with Run The Jewels?

Would also love to get this Pandora broadcast in mp3. Please let me know.

Thanks!
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

jerseyjammer wrote:That was a sick show. Really rocked MSG. The floor was shaking up by me.

Does he usually have all of his shows video recorded? I noticed the entire show being recorded on video. Think there is a potential for a DVD release?

Thanks!
Zack de la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine.
jerseyjammer
Little Bird

Post by jerseyjammer »

FredYidas wrote:
jerseyjammer wrote:That was a sick show. Really rocked MSG. The floor was shaking up by me.

Thanks!
Zack de la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine.
Im not curious about Zack, but there was a guy that came out a song or two before Zack just on guitar. Just curious who he was.
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

jerseyjammer wrote:
Im not curious about Zack, but there was a guy that came out a song or two before Zack just on guitar. Just curious who he was.
Oh. My bad.
Somniferous
Little Bird

Post by Somniferous »

KNARF wrote:Funny how things work out. After the Radio City debacle, everyone was so quick to say Jack did not like New York because of 1 single incident.
Meanwhile in his career he's played more shows in NY as both The White Stripes & Solo than any other place in the world,
with only amazing reviews of New York shows. I don't need reviews cause I've lived the shows.

Last night Jack did something I've never seen him do in the 85+ times I've seen him.
Something I've never heard of him doing in any other city. If anyone has, please post photos.
In short, many fans have seen Jack White, but how many have held him? (besides his parents)

For a group of say maybe 30 lucky (TO SAY THE LEAST!!!) fans at "The most famous arena in the world",
Madison Square Garden, an experience for the ages too place last night.
I don't know what better gesture there is towards loving a an audience, venue & city,
than actually putting his guitar down and walking right into the crowd and wanting to be held by the fans.
I'm not talking about just sticking half your body in the crowd to feel some hands. This was all-in!!! UNREAL!!!

There's been so much talk about the length of shows and how they may be an indicator of how much he loves an audience.
But we all know this is not true. Jack does what he feels at the moment. I've heard of 45 minute shows for really loud audiences.
I'll take a 3O minute show over a 3 hour show if it means I get to hold Jack White up at Madison Square Garden.
I'll take that experience anywhere, but at Madison Square Garden??? There is not any air space in the world I'd prefer to have the memory in.
Elvis & John Lennon were there for god's sake!

There are many great shows and there will continue to be, but there are very few that are truly LEGENDARY.
Surprise guests are great, but how often do fans get to experience something like what happened last night?
The surprise stage at Roseland during Blunderbuss tour was epic. But last night took the cake.
So many great moments with WS & JW but last night topped the all!

LEGENDARY!!!
Yes, this was incredible!

The only thing that would have been better is if he sang the quiet part of Blunderbuss a cappella without any microphone like Ben Harper does at his shows from time to time.