Fox Theatre Detroit

Worldwide - Since 2012
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Fox Theatre Detroit

Post by rsimms3 »

Jettkoral wrote:This show is on YouTube, isn't it?
If it is, that's news to me. Link?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
polkadot
Little Bird

Post by polkadot »

Both Detroit posters are available At Silent Giants Website.

My Phone Has Capilization Issues WHen Posting To This Site. sorry
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

rsimms3 wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:This show is on YouTube, isn't it?
If it is, that's news to me. Link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EwGSA6nnLY
stevenikks
Little Bird

Post by stevenikks »

polkadot wrote:Both Detroit posters are available At Silent Giants Website.
http://www.thesilentgiants.bigcartel.com/
tardis20
Little Bird

Post by tardis20 »

stevenikks wrote:
polkadot wrote:Both Detroit posters are available At Silent Giants Website.
http://www.thesilentgiants.bigcartel.com/
Sweet! Thanks. I was at the Fox right when the doors opened but waiting in a line that was chaos I bailed on the merch table and then went back up and it was gone!!

So is this website the one that did the actual posters? It's official reprints?
tardis20
Little Bird

Post by tardis20 »

rival wrote:
I will say that drunk shitheads leaving their row ZZ seats to come stand at the very front of the isle and obstruct everyone and annoy the people who actually had tickets up there is getting really old. I'll never understand why people think that they deserve special treatment at a concert and everyone else can just go fuck themselves. Terrible way to conduct yourself at a show. Give your head a shake.
I have to agree 100%! I think Jack has a song about that, Entitlement, haha.
"There are children today who were lied to
Told the world is rightfully theirs
They can have what they want, whenever they want
They take like Caesar and nobody cares
Live like Caesar and nobody cares"

I saw someone on IG posted how they moved up real close, ushers, Fox, etc can't tell us where to sit. I was very close to writing about this song but since I didn't know them didn't feel like getting in a war with them...
tardis20
Little Bird

Post by tardis20 »

arewhyehen wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:I was up in the box seats (below the balcony) and a bunch of us were standing in the area we were in. It was a great view with no obstructions. I am not sure when you are referring to everyone on the floor sitting down...After the first song I think everyone was on their feet and it stayed that way all night.... Maybe there were a few around you not standing, but the majority of the crowd seemed to be standing the entire time...
did you notice the guy on stage was pissed off? the guy who kept bringing up his frustration every other song? i could hear him talking/screaming off mic at himself and the band. the dude was borderline lunatic last night he was so pissed. it was a great show, he used most of the frustration for the good of the show.
I am not disagreeing with you about him being angry. I just meant that the majority of the crowd was standing the entire time. It was pretty cool just hovering over everyone's heads..
I was row K on main level, everyone basically was standing up that I could see. Now seeing people leave during Seven Nation Army was crazy...then people left when he started Goodnight Irene! Shocking...what a show...
tardis20
Little Bird

Post by tardis20 »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Bikedo wrote:Maybe Jack can write a list of how he expects a crowd to act during a show and post it on the website.
I know he doesn't like cell phones, fair enough but let's see if I get this right.
I pay for my ticket, transport, merchandise, beverages etc and on top of that I have to be carefull not to piss him off, monitor his mood swings and adjust my behaviour accordingly.
Interesting......
He is emotional. Moody, however you want to put it. It would be tough performing night after night, traveling so much. He wants to put on a great show every night, He is trying to hard maybe. I still love the shit out of his music. I saw the moodiest of shows in NY in 2012. I don't know who was the most pissed off, me or him. But I can understand. He has got to not let the crowd dictate his show. He knows mixed in all those folks are some Fans that are really excited to see Him. Play for them. He just need to find a way to chill out :P
Well put. I understand wanting optimal energy from the crowd but we who ARE into it, can't help that some have icewater in their veins or don't care for some reason...