July 23, 2014: The Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL

Worldwide - Since 2012
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Re: July 23, 2014: The Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL

Post by dylnfan »

rsimms3 wrote:If this is a recording and not a download or capture of the webstream, FLAC and 128k MP3s won't matter because the original stream (at least the one I was listening to) was only 64k. You're basically re-encoding a crappy source into a larger product. I am absolutely not knocking the taper at LR, but this is where lineage is very important. If this was an FM recording, that would definitely be better than most any webstream source, but if you rerecord a webstream you go compressed digital source > analog > digital > compressed digital for encoded MP3s.
The man Rsimms knows what he's talking about. #JustSaying
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Well, I know enough to be dangerous....

128k MP3s would be the most suitable product for an analog uncompressed recording of a webstream in this case. Good size, portable, and higher overall bitrate than the source.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
jammybastard
Little Bird

Post by jammybastard »

Kali Durga wrote:
There's now also a flac file in the media thread at the LR that won't expire.
Well played.
BTW - great job sourcing the Gov Ball set from XM/Sirius.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

And, no, I didn't go to Reddit. That place scares me.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Forgot to post this after the show...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407620774.057329.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

I noticed they had that at the Pittsburgh show as well. Pretty neat. My only question is, what happened to the 1970's?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

matthewvh wrote:My only question is, what happened to the 1970's?
Exactly! That was the decade of holding up a lighter! How could they leave that off?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

They didn't include the current decade either....but yeah they have been using that poster for about 2 years now.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net