September 14, 2014: Merriweather Post Columbia, MD

Worldwide - Since 2012
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

September 14, 2014: Merriweather Post Columbia, MD

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

Just got my tickets (finally!) the girlfriend and I will be down on the floor trying to rush the stage with the rest if the crazies. Gonna be a surprise for her, she thinks I got us Lawn seats. She's the one that got me into Jack in the first place, so she's gonna love it.

Anyone else gonna be there?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: September 14, 2014: Merriweather Post Columbia, MD

Post by Kali Durga »

Haven't received my tickets yet, but I'll see ya there.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
PaisleyZoe
Little Bird

Post by PaisleyZoe »

Hello. First time poster here. I'll be right up front with you guys! Will be my second show on the tour. Love the venue, really stoked!
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

I got picked for early admission!!! So excited! Hopefully we can get right in front of the stage! Did anyone else get picked?
PaisleyZoe
Little Bird

Post by PaisleyZoe »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:I got picked for early admission!!! So excited! Hopefully we can get right in front of the stage! Did anyone else get picked?
Looks like you're one of the lucky ones. No email for me. Congrats!
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

FINALLY got home after the Merriweather show tonight. The girlfriend and I literally had the best spot in the whole place. We were pushed up on the rail right in front of Jack's mic the whole night. It was kind of surreal to be that close to the man. Simply an amazing evening.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:FINALLY got home after the Merriweather show tonight. The girlfriend and I literally had the best spot in the whole place. We were pushed up on the rail right in front of Jack's mic the whole night. It was kind of surreal to be that close to the man. Simply an amazing evening.
Feel free to elaborate! :D
hunkswithguns
Little Bird

Post by hunkswithguns »

Show was bonkers last night!! Pretty so-so crowd towards the back of the pit. Not enough movement and too many blabbering girlfriends, cell phones in the air and bros planting and slugging bud light lime. But sadly that's become the norm...

Anyways! He seemed to mix it up a lot but kept within the same show structure as Bonnaroo (and I assume the rest of the tour). Cannon / I Think I Smell a Rat was an early highlight and a 10-minute Top Yourself/Missing Pieces/I'm Slowly Turning into You was an absolute show-stopper. Elated I FINALLY got to see Jack smoke I Fought Piranhas too. Waited till after the show to get a poster and actually snagged the last one!! ...Sorry to everyone behind me who missed out!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:FINALLY got home after the Merriweather show tonight. The girlfriend and I literally had the best spot in the whole place. We were pushed up on the rail right in front of Jack's mic the whole night. It was kind of surreal to be that close to the man. Simply an amazing evening.
Nice!! I have been on the rail, right in front of Jack's mic a bunch of times and I agree, there is no better spot to be for a show. It is very exciting and extremely intimidating to be that close and have him stare down at you while he stands at the mic and sings and plays
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

hunkswithguns wrote:Cannon / I Think I Smell a Rat was an early highlight and a 10-minute Top Yourself/Missing Pieces/I'm Slowly Turning into You was an absolute show-stopper. Elated I FINALLY got to see Jack smoke I Fought Piranhas too. Waited till after the show to get a poster and actually snagged the last one!! ...Sorry to everyone behind me who missed out!
My thoughts exactly. Excellent per usual. Glad to finally have caught him on this tour though my experiences with fans at Merriweather have sucked over the last two years. Despite putting in the time and initially standing one behind the rail we ended up watching Jack from the fringes/over shoulders/through people. I get grumpy when I can't see his fretboard.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org