Vescovo & Co

Worldwide - Since 2012
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Re: Vescovo & Co

Post by maxman142001 »

From Kansas:
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

suttree wrote:
maxman142001 wrote:Image

From Chicago tonight....
Got the email today as well. What was the deal with this pic? I completely missed this.
I believe they were just some fans. The costume looked homemade and I seen them later up on the rail.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Post by Thinkfirst »

I don't really get this. So this was a show where after 6 songs he faked a seizure and then everybody just went home?

Can someone enlighten me about this night?
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

'Fraid you'll have to read the whole thread. But seeing as you're short on time, yes.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Thinkfirst wrote:I don't really get this. So this was a show where after 6 songs he faked a seizure and then everybody just went home?

It wasn't just a show...it was a piece of immersive theatre put on in collaboration with the punchdrunk theatre company. It was the most fun I have had in such a long time, for the most part it was impossible to tell what was going to happen next, and I will never, ever, ever complain about how TMR never does anything cool in the UK ever again.
Patient B1003
Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Post by Thinkfirst »

anonymousbrunette wrote:'Fraid you'll have to read the whole thread. But seeing as you're short on time, yes.
Just took the time to do so. I will never describe it so lightly anymore, promise :) .
I just was a little confused, because i never got a follow up e-mail and the after vid didn't say all that much.
Seems like a great night!
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
Thinkfirst wrote:I don't really get this. So this was a show where after 6 songs he faked a seizure and then everybody just went home?

It wasn't just a show...it was a piece of immersive theatre put on in collaboration with the punchdrunk theatre company. It was the most fun I have had in such a long time, for the most part it was impossible to tell what was going to happen next, and I will never, ever, ever complain about how TMR never does anything cool in the UK ever again.
This is the reason why I don't think there'd be any point in them releasing the footage as a Vault item or whatever, the thing which made it great was the first hand experience and the anticipation of what may or may not be happening. Nobody, except for maybe the 40-odd people who attended, would want to sit through the first hour of people trying to solve mazes or listening to headphones, and just lifting out the 6 song set for DVD would be doing a disservice to the whole purpose of the event.
nightbug
Little Bird

Post by nightbug »

Happy Vescovo anniversary, all! Can't believe it's been a year since this happened - the most magical live musical/theatre experience I've ever had and my all-time favourite JW set. Looking back fondly on my prescription to "sing in unison", and hoping that the future holds many more unforgettable moments with Jack and his co-conspirators like the one we had in the basement of an abandoned London office building one year ago today :)

dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Can't believe it's been a year. What a night!
Never trust a hippy
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I don't think I'll ever go to a gig that will top this.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Feel free to re-live the experience, I can never get enough of hearing about that whole event. :) Made me proud to be a fan of someone who'd do something like that.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Vescovo & Co

Post by Alabama Woody »

I agree. That's got to be the coolest event ever ! ^^^^
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

"Walk 3 Miles" that's what Dr J White III told me. Great night. Awesome people to share it with.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.