Vescovo & Co

Worldwide - Since 2012
caseofthepunks
Little Bird

Re: Vescovo & Co

Post by caseofthepunks »

Jamie wrote:Just to cement this mini trip as the best Jack White experience of my life, Lalo came down to us on Jack's instruction tonight and gave us passes to the aftershow and took us to watch the show from side stage. Unbelievable.
What do you think prompted that?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

To make up for trodding on Dave's foot, perhaps?

Whatever the reason, it's pretty damned awesome.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

Saw him yesterday less than a meter away from me, saw him tonight from the circle seats, not the same at all.

Great gig tonight. Luckily quick enough to get standing tickets for the November show in the O2 Arena. Hate to see concerts in the seating area.
This machine steals souls.
thirdmanfan3
Little Bird

Post by thirdmanfan3 »

i really hope jack does come back to new york. especially with this experience!
Birds of a feather may lay together, but the uglier one is always under the gun.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Jamie wrote:Just to cement this mini trip as the best Jack White experience of my life, Lalo came down to us on Jack's instruction tonight and gave us passes to the aftershow and took us to watch the show from side stage. Unbelievable.
I wondered what Jack was talking to him about! Congrats guys that sounds incredible! :mrgreen:
Patient B1003
jeejet
Little Bird

Post by jeejet »

dreamover wrote:
jeejet wrote:http://m.sleepnomore.com/

Apparently this is the US branch of Punchdrunk. It's in New York. Is this possibly the reason why Jack had no NYC dates scheduled yet? Trying to coordinate with them?
highly doubt it. he played governors ball. usually when bands negotiate headlining spots for big fests like that, the fest gets the exclusive city performance. when jack played lollapalooza in 2012, he never came back and his shows this summer are his first non-fest shows in chicago.
I know for a fact that the contract for Lolla precludes a performer from performing in Chicago for 90 days before & after the festival. I don't think they can ask for much more than that. I think that JW will have some shows in NYC in January or February. Whether there will be a B show or and extra "performance", well, we can only hope!
"And when you turn over, I get a funny feeling..." #jackitsaboner

Twitter: @jeejet, Instagram: jeejet7, Vault: jeejet
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

jeejet wrote:
dreamover wrote:
jeejet wrote:http://m.sleepnomore.com/

Apparently this is the US branch of Punchdrunk. It's in New York. Is this possibly the reason why Jack had no NYC dates scheduled yet? Trying to coordinate with them?
highly doubt it. he played governors ball. usually when bands negotiate headlining spots for big fests like that, the fest gets the exclusive city performance. when jack played lollapalooza in 2012, he never came back and his shows this summer are his first non-fest shows in chicago.
I know for a fact that the contract for Lolla precludes a performer from performing in Chicago for 90 days before & after the festival. I don't think they can ask for much more than that. I think that JW will have some shows in NYC in January or February. Whether there will be a B show or and extra "performance", well, we can only hope!
As much as I'd like to see it happen, I think we all can agree that once this performance was done, there can't be a replica-it's a once in a lifetime thing.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ That's what I've been thinking, too. Much of what made this event so spectacular was obviously the confusion, speculation, anticipation, more confusion, some frustration, and then exhilaration. If they tried to recreate it, most of what led up to the exhilaration wouldn't be there because people would remember this and have an idea of what was coming. And all of those preceding emotions served to heighten the exhilaration, to blow it off the charts. Without all of the nebulous anticipation of the unknown, it might be a hell of an event, but it would not be the same.

Which is not to say I wouldn't like to see them come up with something totally different that could top this. But I can't see them just re-creating it, even if they used a different theme.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I think definitely one and done. They won't be doing that again. Maybe something different but not that. It's cool that people all the way on the other side of the world got to have their day !!!! Nashville gets a lot of good shows, Texas gets all the Merch, they had the pop up quite a few years ago in London, I think it was. Cool that they spread out for everyone. Lots of people in lots of different parts of the country and abroad have had a Third Man experience. That is cool !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

while I completely agree with the "one and done" theory, I gotta maintain that if there's anyone who can do the same thing three times in three different, inspired and unexpected ways... it's Jack White and whoever's with him.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

How did he know who you were? Did you wear your masks or something?
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

higherlimits wrote:
How did he know who you were? Did you wear your masks or something?
Based on who was at this event the band and many of those working for them
know 'the regulars' - Jamie they will know for sure
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

so.freaking.cool. I can't say it enough.
jeejet
Little Bird

Post by jeejet »

Just hoping for a B show this tour in any format...
"And when you turn over, I get a funny feeling..." #jackitsaboner

Twitter: @jeejet, Instagram: jeejet7, Vault: jeejet
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Just got back to Leeds from my trip to the big city. I really hope the next Vault package is an LP of the Maida Vale Session, 12" of the Vescovo gig + DVD of the whole experience. Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!!!! So glad that I could share it with the finest UK Swirlers.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.