June 14 2014 Bonnaroo

Worldwide - Since 2012
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Re: June 15 2014 Bonnaroo

Post by MedozK »

Typing this is I head for the exit..... WOW!!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

MedozK wrote:Typing this is I head for the exit..... WOW!!
From watching the stream from the Roo it looked amazing !!! Great show. I'm like others I would buy the DVD right now !

Can't even imagine being in a crowd that large. How many people do you think were at the Jack show ? On TV it looked like a sea of people as far as you could see. Did you go early and get up close ?

When you catch your breath, tomorrow maybe you could tell us more about your Bonnaroo experience :D
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Post by MedozK »

Alabama Woody wrote:
MedozK wrote:Typing this is I head for the exit..... WOW!!
From watching the stream from the Roo it looked amazing !!! Great show. I'm like others I would buy the DVD right now !

Can't even imagine being in a crowd that large. How many people do you think were at the Jack show ? On TV it looked like a sea of people as far as you could see. Did you go early and get up close ?

When you catch your breath, tomorrow maybe you could tell us more about your Bonnaroo experience :D
I worked a VIP tent for a few hours yesterday. So I was not able to get to the What stage till Lionel Ritchie....by that time the crowd was HUGE. So instead of fighting my way up....I just stayed in the back and enjoyed the show from the screens. Set list was off the charts, and I really enjoyed the banter.

Hopefully someone with some tech skills was able to record the stream...(PRAYING)
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Setlist:
Icky Thump (The White Stripes)
High Ball Stepper (Solo)
Lazaretto (Solo)
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes)
Temporary Ground (Solo)
Missing Pieces (Solo)
Steady, As She Goes (The Raconteurs)
Top Yourself (The Raconteurs)
I’m Slowly Turning Into You (The White Stripes)
Freedom at 21 (Solo)
Three Women (Solo)
You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told) (The White Stripes)
We’re Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes)
Alone in My Home (Solo)
Ball and Biscuit (The White Stripes)
The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin cover)

Encore:
The Hardest Button to Button (The White Stripes)
Hello Operator (The White Stripes)
Misirlou (Dick Dale and His Del-Tones cover)
Sixteen Saltines (Solo)
Cannon (The White Stripes)
Blue Blood Blues (The Dead Weather)
Astro (The White Stripes)
Love Interruption (Solo)
Little Bird (The White Stripes)
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes)
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

maxman142001 wrote:Setlist:
Icky Thump (The White Stripes)
High Ball Stepper (Solo)
Lazaretto (Solo)
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes)
Temporary Ground (Solo)
Missing Pieces (Solo)
Steady, As She Goes (The Raconteurs)
Top Yourself (The Raconteurs)
I’m Slowly Turning Into You (The White Stripes)
Freedom at 21 (Solo)
Three Women (Solo)
You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told) (The White Stripes)
We’re Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes)
Alone in My Home (Solo)
Ball and Biscuit (The White Stripes)
The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin cover)

Encore:
The Hardest Button to Button (The White Stripes)
Hello Operator (The White Stripes)
Misirlou (Dick Dale and His Del-Tones cover)
Sixteen Saltines (Solo)
Cannon (The White Stripes)
Blue Blood Blues (The Dead Weather)
Astro (The White Stripes)
Love Interruption (Solo)
Little Bird (The White Stripes)
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes)
That's not the complete setlist. Pipeline--->Miserlou.
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Re: June 14 2014 Bonnaroo

Post by MichaelRox »

I was front row center of the show and it was one if the greatest shows I have ever seen. At the beginning he was having one thing after another go wrong with his equipment and he seemed to be frustrated with the crew for being a couple steps behind. He seemed to a&e this all as a great challenge. His energy and drinking was high! He was really trying to mix it up on stage making a reluctant Lillie Mae pick up his guitar at the last second to play with him. He seemed to really be pushing the band in a very fun way. It was probably the least routine of any of his shows I have seen, this is saying a lot since I feel like all of his shows are a one off experience. This show felt different. Angry, happy, frustrated, raw, challenging, epic. Here are a couple photos I took during the last song, I also took a few with my Hasselblad then and Jack seemed to see it and gave a lil smirk. If those turn out I will post then when I get them. Image Image Image
Last edited by MichaelRox on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

I will also say, in honor of Father's Day, last night Jack was able to put on an amazing show while also tending to his families needs mid show without missing a beat. Happy Father's Day Jack.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Jack dancing in circles, Fats on the theramin, "Astro"... SENSORY OVERLOAD.
I'll need multiple viewings to digest it all.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Is there a download of the stream somewhere? I will need this once I get home.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

I was front and center, my sixth time at Bonnaroo, fist time I went for that. I've never been so stressed out and exhilarated watching a show. I felt like I found that old myth of the transcendent rock experience was still alive, and I want to thank the hell out of Jack and that band for making themselves so vulnerable up there in pursuit of making something real. To be able to be that raw at such a high level and in the 21rst century where every note is simulcast worldwide, wow. I'm still blown away to feel like that kind of thing can manage to hang on in the mass market digital world. There was so much passion and anxiety on that stage. The band definitely tried to have his back but looked actually scared at moments, not sure if it was what he wanted. It was like watchng a captain navigate a ship through dangerous icy waters. The crew was incredibly skilled and were pushing themselves to the brink trying to keep this ship afloat, but they're all just extensions of the captain, operating the ship as he would in their place, his way of being many places all at once. And you watch the captain maneuver this ship around that storm and think he must be as scared as you (and maybe part of him is), but he's seen many storms. That's why his ship is still sailing. And somehow you're through it, and even being a passenger it feels religious, because storms are so much bigger than people, and you get through something together while giving up control completely to these skilled hands, which all makes you feel alive in the best way music can manage. I remember him also with his kids watching, leaving his daughter's arm to get onstage and right into Hardest Button, and later seeing him during the SNA chant. He showed her what he could make all those people do with his guitar. He could've done anything and he pushed everyone hard as hell for something better. I just want to say thanks repeatedly. I got a photo of the empty stage before and after. Best show I've ever seen or can hope to ever see without getting greedy.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Very nicely said. We were probably very close to side by side. We were first in line for the pit to the left of the stage.
Max Hartley
Little Bird

Post by Max Hartley »

ah, I tried to stay up for this but it didn't air until 5.00AM in England. Do you think the stream will surface on the internet or do bonnaroo keep this kinda thing under wraps?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

scoliosispony wrote:I was front and center, my sixth time at Bonnaroo, fist time I went for that. I've never been so stressed out and exhilarated watching a show. I felt like I found that old myth of the transcendent rock experience was still alive, and I want to thank the hell out of Jack and that band for making themselves so vulnerable up there in pursuit of making something real. To be able to be that raw at such a high level and in the 21rst century where every note is simulcast worldwide, wow. I'm still blown away to feel like that kind of thing can manage to hang on in the mass market digital world. There was so much passion and anxiety on that stage. The band definitely tried to have his back but looked actually scared at moments, not sure if it was what he wanted. It was like watchng a captain navigate a ship through dangerous icy waters. The crew was incredibly skilled and were pushing themselves to the brink trying to keep this ship afloat, but they're all just extensions of the captain, operating the ship as he would in their place, his way of being many places all at once. And you watch the captain maneuver this ship around that storm and think he must be as scared as you (and maybe part of him is), but he's seen many storms. That's why his ship is still sailing. And somehow you're through it, and even being a passenger it feels religious, because storms are so much bigger than people, and you get through something together while giving up control completely to these skilled hands, which all makes you feel alive in the best way music can manage. I remember him also with his kids watching, leaving his daughter's arm to get onstage and right into Hardest Button, and later seeing him during the SNA chant. He showed her what he could make all those people do with his guitar. He could've done anything and he pushed everyone hard as hell for something better. I just want to say thanks repeatedly. I got a photo of the empty stage before and after. Best show I've ever seen or can hope to ever see without getting greedy.
Nicely wrote review/post - thank you !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

For those that saw the show, congratulations !!!
You saw a good one !!! For damn sure :-)
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Post by MedozK »

MichaelRox wrote:Is there a download of the stream somewhere? I will need this once I get home.
This is great question :)