How is the Lazaretto touring band vs. the Peacocks+Buzzards?

Worldwide - Since 2012
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: How is the Lazaretto touring band vs. the Peacocks+Buzza

Post by Alabama Woody »

John Tom wrote:
UniformRecon wrote:I guess I kind of agree with you in that she's the weakest link, along with whoever is playing piano/acoustic guitar. I don't think they capture the energy of Jack's performances that the other members capture. When I see Daru having the time of his life, I love it, but Lillie Mae doesn't seem like she's really into it at all.
I agree about Daru. I would say that the best band would be nothing more than Jack + Daru or Jack + Daru + Dominic. Lillie Mae and Ikey and the rest are filler in many ways.
Alabama Woody wrote:I love the piano player ! They are all very top notch at what they do. Lillie Mae is the weakest link, but not weak by any means, just compared to who is surrounding Her.
Her voice is much better this tour. I think she has been practicing. Let's face it Jack likes having a Girl around. Who can blame him.

The band is the most talented band I think Jack has had. I liked the girl/boy tour thing for one go, I think it's probably a little much to manage. I think the current band is perfect.
I agree that Lillie's voice is much better compared to Blunderbuss and that she can look a little lost on stage; especially when Jack and Daru get going, but I humbly disagree that the current band is perfect. I would wager that most Swirlers would gladly return to the minimalist days of The White Stripes and the only way for Jack to be as good as he was then is to return to a more minimalist band of guitar and drums (and bass since Dominic is so good).
I highly disagree :-) those other guys are not filler. They are A + musicians ...
After seeing Ms Mae singing with Jack on Fallon I should probably take back my weak link remark. She sounds really good with Jack. She is a great fiddle player.
The White Stripes broke up. Those days are over. Jack likes having a band, you know last tour he had 2 of them.
I love the Jack White solo stuff. If it's not edgy enough for you after you see him live then you just need to go hard core punk.
We all have different opinions but y'all have to let go of the white stripes, Jack has.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

Alabama Woody wrote:I highly disagree :-) those other guys are not filler. They are A + musicians …
Without a doubt they are and my use of the term "filler" was incorrect.
Alabama Woody wrote:After seeing Ms Mae singing with Jack on Fallon I should probably take back my weak link remark. She sounds really good with Jack. She is a great fiddle player.
I agree that she does compliment Jack well, but if there is a weak link, it would be her. She really does look lost at times, but we are still talking about one helluva fiddle player, etc.
Alabama Woody wrote:The White Stripes broke up. Those days are over. Jack likes having a band, you know last tour he had 2 of them.
I love the Jack White solo stuff. If it's not edgy enough for you after you see him live then you just need to go hard core punk.
First, I admit that my love of The White Stripes, I believe, often clouds my judgements/opinions/feelings/thoughts on Jack's later projects with The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather, and solo; however, Jack has admitted that if not for Meg, he would STILL be in The White Stripes. So, I imagine that as much as he likes "having a band", he would drop them like a lead balloon if Meg called.
Also, as much as I like the "hard core punk" aspects he portrayed with The White Stripes (at times), it is Jack's very ability to play punk, delta blues, rock, swing, bluegrass, country, etc. that makes him so alluring.
Alabama Woody wrote:We all have different opinions but y'all have to let go of the white stripes, Jack has.
True. I know I am not the only one that dreams of a reunion, but I honestly can tell you that if Jack ever decided to tour just he and his Gibson doing nothing but Delta Blues-esque covers I would be on the rail with tears in my eyes because the man can truly do it all.
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

How is the Lazaretto touring band vs. the Peacocks+Buzzards?

Post by Alabama Woody »

Welcome John, nice to have members who share their opinions, who post more than a few words or more than one sentence !
Stick around and post more !!!
I would cut a nut off to see the white stripes live. I understand where your coming from. I just don't see it happening and the maturity of Jack over the past 5 years has been fun to be a part of! Kept music alive for me !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

Alabama Woody wrote:Welcome John, nice to have members who share their opinions, who post more than a few words or more than one sentence !
Stick around and post more !!!
Thanks! I must say I -and my wife -are excited to have found this cool site for all things Jack. So, thanks again for the warm welcome.

Alabama Woody wrote:I would cut a nut off to see the white stripes live. I understand where your coming from. I just don't see it happening and the maturity of Jack over the past 5 years has been fun to be a part of! Kept music alive for me !
True X2. Oh to see The White Stripes live again… Also, Jack's ability to traverse so my styles/genres of music is why I find him so damned alluring and worthy of adulation.
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

My wife and son frequent this site. We are all addicted to Jack !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody