July 31st Air Canada Centre Toronto.

Worldwide - Since 2012
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: July 31st Air Canada Centre Toronto.

Post by arewhyehen »

Hey Scott, just a heads up on the crowd from last night. It was pretty intense with a lot of jumping around and a lot of bouncing off each other and very squished. It wasn't In a bad way like at most concerts with drunken idiots but it was definitely a lively crowd.
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

How was the ACC last night?
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Show last night was great but it was only just over 2 hours. It was a very tight show and no filler at all. My seats were amazing but I couldn't believe how crazy the GA was going all night! Glad I didn't opt for GA as my gf wouldn't have liked it.

The only songs that I really wanted to hear that weren't played were Three Women, Hardest Button, Death Letter and Trash Talking Tongue (didn't expect the last 2 to be played). Blue Blood Blues would have been great as well but I saw it last time so I'm not too bummed out that it wasn't played. I was really glad to see Would You Fight For My Love? live!

Here is the posted setlist but I can't remember if it's 100%

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes song)
Lazaretto
High Ball Stepper
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes song)
Temporary Ground
Weep Themselves to Sleep
Missing Pieces
Apple Blossom (The White Stripes song)
The Rose With the Broken Neck
Cannon (The White Stripes song)
Astro (The White Stripes song)
Just One Drink
You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told) (The White Stripes song)
Top Yourself (The Raconteurs song)
I'm Slowly Turning Into You (The White Stripes song)

Encore:
Icky Thump (The White Stripes song)
Ball and Biscuit (The White Stripes song)
Alone in My Home
We're Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes song)
Love Interruption
Steady, As She Goes (The Raconteurs song)
Hello Operator (The White Stripes song)
Would You Fight for My Love?
That Black Bat Licorice
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes song)

Edit: I just missed the last poster (only 100 were issued) and the lady said that they didn't have any slipmats at all throughout the night. I picked up the baseball t.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Last night's print is now up on Methane's site:

http://methanestudios.com/category/posters?item=6743
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Why do these setlists specify "The White Stripes song" etc., and make it sound like that's a cover? :crazy:
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

The drive to the venue from my house is usually 1.5 hours but because of an accident on the highway it took us almost 4 hours! By the time we got there the print and buttons were sold out. We got there just in time to grab a beer and as soon as I stepped on the floor he started. I was really hoping for a 3 hour show but he played for just over 2. What he did play was flawless in my opinion. Rose with a broken neck was really cool and I am slowly turning into you was UNBELIEVABLE. Top yourself was another standout. It was my 10th time seeing him live and he never disappoints.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

gdm wrote:The drive to the venue from my house is usually 1.5 hours but because of an accident on the highway it took us almost 4 hours! By the time we got there the print and buttons were sold out. We got there just in time to grab a beer and as soon as I stepped on the floor he started. I was really hoping for a 3 hour show but he played for just over 2. What he did play was flawless in my opinion. Rose with a broken neck was really cool and I am slowly turning into you was UNBELIEVABLE. Top yourself was another standout. It was my 10th time seeing him live and he never disappoints.
After seeing him at the Masonic the night before, it was just a "good" show for me. I don't think I have ever been to a show with Jack that has been anything less. The Masonic show was probably the best performance I have seen him put on, so I wasn't expecting close to that in Toronto.
The traffic was terrible after the show for me. It took us almost 4 hours to get home and it usually takes 1hr50mins. Work the next day was not fun..