Jack White 2014 Tour Announced

Worldwide - Since 2012
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack White 2014 Tour Announced

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

I love the way he is releasing these tour dates! It gives each venue a chance to sell out while it is the only show available. I was really regretting not buying a ticket Nashville (4+hours away), then he announced Austin I allllllmost bought tickets for those shows(12 hours away), now I'm really glad I waited for this announcement (1 and half hours away) see ya'll in Starkville!
Safety first...then teamwork
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I, on the other hand, hate the way the dates are being announced, because they don't give people a chance to plan ahead. I don't want to do the kind of guessing and gambling just described.
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

Aquamarine wrote:I, on the other hand, hate the way the dates are being announced, because they don't give people a chance to plan ahead. I don't want to do the kind of guessing and gambling just described.

Me too. I hate the way the dates are being drip fed. There will be more of this to come though... :-/
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Less than 1% of the crowd travels in from out of town....so the vast majority of ticket buyers don't care if the announcements are slowly released or not....do you want tmr to cater to the 1%?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Why not? Doesn't hurt the other 99%, if indeed those are correct figures.
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

Stl_ben wrote:Less than 1% of the crowd travels in from out of town....so the vast majority of ticket buyers don't care if the announcements are slowly released or not....do you want tmr to cater to the 1%?
No, just me ;)
jramsufan
Little Bird

Post by jramsufan »

So pumped for the Starkville date. I went to Mississippi State and it seems it's been forever since they got a good big name show in town. I'll be making the drive up for it!
stoffel
Little Bird

Post by stoffel »

Scarlet Siren wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Less than 1% of the crowd travels in from out of town....so the vast majority of ticket buyers don't care if the announcements are slowly released or not....do you want tmr to cater to the 1%?
No, just me ;)
:thumbup:
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

For you Midwest folks....Look for Columbus OH info soon....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

Jack is excited to announce additional January & February 2015 tour dates. Student pre-sales for Ohio State and the University of Oklahoma begin at 2pm CT/3pm ET today. A limited number of pre-sale tickets for Ohio State, the University of Oklahoma, and Las Vegas will be available to Vault members at 12pm LOCAL TIME on December 11th. General on-sale begins on December 12th at 12pm LOCAL TIME.

The University of New Mexico student pre-sale begins at 8:30am MST on December 11th, with the Vault pre-sale at 10am MST on December 12th and general on-sale at 10am MST on December 15th.

January 31: Schottenstein Center at Ohio State University in Columbus,
February 2: McCasland Fieldhouse at the University of Oklahoma in Norman, OK
February 3: Popejoy Hall at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM
February 4: Brooklyn Bowl (Las Vegas) in Las Vegas, NV
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Scarlet Siren wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:I, on the other hand, hate the way the dates are being announced, because they don't give people a chance to plan ahead. I don't want to do the kind of guessing and gambling just described.

Me too. I hate the way the dates are being drip fed. There will be more of this to come though... :-/
This has always been an issue with Jack White. Doesn't announce shows all at once so you end up spending $1000s to go to a show out of town or out of country and then he announces one at your hometown afterwards. It happened to some people I know in Calgary, they went to see the White Stripes at Bonnarroo in 2007 and then the Canadian Tour was announced.
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

higherlimits wrote:
Scarlet Siren wrote:

This has always been an issue with Jack White. Doesn't announce shows all at once so you end up spending $1000s to go to a show out of town or out of country and then he announces one at your hometown afterwards. It happened to some people I know in Calgary, they went to see the White Stripes at Bonnarroo in 2007 and then the Canadian Tour was announced.
I'm feeling this right now. I spent over $500 on plane tickets, and hotel for Austin, with now knowing that I'm within driving distance to the Norman show. Not too upset though, as it means I just get to go to more than one show! Feeding my addiction :roll:
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

Then shouldn't you guys expect this by now? Just hold off on buying tickets to shows that are far away and wait until a closer one gets announce. We all know that it will happen, just a matter of waiting and being patient.

I can't believe he's playing here in Vegas! At one of the best new venues in town, none of that seated auditorium bullshit that I absolutely hate, it's gonna be damn excellent show. And the worst part is, I won't be in town for that. FINALLY he comes to Vegas, and I'm gonna miss it. Just my fucking luck
Last edited by hxcoliver on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

I guess I could be easily persuaded to visit Las Vegas before LA... I'm going to sleep on it.
Toledo
Little Bird

Post by Toledo »

Jack is coming to OHIO!!! Anyone who is looking to get tickets today for the "Ohio State Students Only" presale that goes until 10 am tomorrow, PM me if you need the password. Man I'm too excited right now!
If you go looking for hot water, don't acted shocked when you get burned a little bit.