Live Stream May 18th / Hangout Fest in Alabama

Worldwide - Since 2012
12stars

Re: Live Stream May 18th / Hangout Fest in Alabama

Post by 12stars »

Last edited by 12stars on Sat May 19, 2012 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I'd love to get that audio off you, lady pirate.
Arrrr, matey, I'll be postin' it over in the LR fer yer downloadin' pleasure.

It's mp3 and still quiet, but not as quiet as the broadcast.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
12stars

Post by 12stars »

Last edited by 12stars on Sat May 19, 2012 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

12stars wrote:Caught that "gonna grab your hair and t and s.." too.
Is that what he said? I couldn't make it out.
12stars

Post by 12stars »

Last edited by 12stars on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

The lyrics changes go by too fast for me to take them in. It would be great if somebody could post the various changes that he made to the lyrics during this show. (And maybe other shows too, when they catch them.)

And how many metaphors was that tonight? Anybody counting? :D
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
NotACollector
Little Bird

Post by NotACollector »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Did anyone catch that line in Ball and Biscuit just now? I've never heard him say "fuck" on stage before.
Jack performed Gun Club's Jack on Fire with the WS and said the "I will fuck you until you die" line.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

NotACollector wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Did anyone catch that line in Ball and Biscuit just now? I've never heard him say "fuck" on stage before.
Jack performed Gun Club's Jack on Fire with the WS and said the "I will fuck you until you die" line.
And then changed it to "I will think about you before you die" the second time. Always makes me wonder if he caught himself and remembered he was supposed to be a gentleman in that band.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I will say this, I like the Peacock's steel guitar player better than the Buzzard's. This version of "We're Going To Be Friends" is my least favorite part of his solo tour. But I've met people who love it, so...
Oh man... here we go with the 'Steel Discussion'/// not... i will agree that i believe Maggie is a better choice though :D Another thing that I recall is that i believe i did hear 'We're Going to Be Friends' in Chattanooga and now i think i am certain of it because i kept thinking about how much country had been introduced to it
rsimms3 wrote:No way that guitar has a B Bender in it like was discussed in the Ryman thread.
i wrestled with it all night long trying to figure out just exactly what would be under the plate at the base of the neck... it wasnt thick enough to be the original design and i didnt see the elongated plate in the back but I also wouldnt put it past jack to adapt that design even further with the help of a master luthier such as Parsons

lots of talk about that strap adaptation going about but my thoughts are that the bigsby may really preclude the B bender modification working effectively... im still undecided
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:I will say this, I like the Peacock's steel guitar player better than the Buzzard's. This version of "We're Going To Be Friends" is my least favorite part of his solo tour. But I've met people who love it, so...
Oh man... here we go with the 'Steel Discussion'/// not... i will agree that i believe Maggie is a better choice though :D Another thing that I recall is that i believe i did hear 'We're Going to Be Friends' in Chattanooga and now i think i am certain of it because i kept thinking about how much country had been introduced to it
The version of WGBF in Chatt was the best I've heard yet. That's all I wanted to say.

Ball and Biscuit last night. Yeah. That's all I got. That version left me brain-dead.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

anybody get an audio or video rip of this?
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

there is some garbage out there that people are posting which seems like purely amateurish capture with a video camera but likely if you are patient one of these people here has pirated something off the net

i did not enjoy the audio issues as part and parcel to some recent challenges happening but the show itself was good... i dont think there has been this much electrical reverb issues in a while but for now it seems they need solving and its hard to pinpoint those kinds of things if you ask me
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

achouza wrote:anybody get an audio or video rip of this?
Read back a handful of posts and you'll get yer answer.
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

I went to the Hangout, it was a great show!! I loved getting to see both bands play! Jack's crew did such a great job with the switch.

I lined up two hours before the gates opened on Saturday, ran like a bat out hell and secured my spot in line for a lightning bolt blunderbuss!! Which is now the most valuable record I own!!! I'll post my pics soon

I was really hoping to get a 16 salteens tour ed. to go with my LI tour ed. but the only Jack III merch they had was the black shirts :( I e-mailed Rebecca in the third man sales dept. she said that some other company handles all the tour merchandise, I guess I'll just have to eventually pay the 40$ because that connecting artwork is totally rad!
Safety first...then teamwork