Toronto, Oct 3-4, 2012 - Sony Centre for the Performing Arts

Worldwide - Since 2012
cmelo

Re: Toronto, Oct 3-4, 2012 - Sony Centre for the Performing

Post by cmelo »

Um, I did not know of this Bookie before listening to this. (Sorry. I'm only an honorary Canuck.) Does he always sound like that? (Kinda irritating??) Was nice to hear the Elephant reissue bit.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

cmelo wrote:Um, I did not know of this Bookie before listening to this. (Sorry. I'm only an honorary Canuck.) Does he always sound like that? (Kinda irritating??) Was nice to hear the Elephant reissue bit.
Yes he always sounds like that...he's a super fan boi with any artist and don't google image him. He's a real live "comic book guy" but worse...The last time I saw him in person was at a Smashing Pumpkins show at historic Massey Hall...he was wearing track pants.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

I rarely listen when people tell me not to google image someone. But in this case, I'll abide by your advice. For sure after hearing about the track pants. Thanks for the warning.
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

rival wrote: Image
Thanks. Site navigation is not obvious, so here's a link:
http://www.edge.ca/DJsandShows/DaveBookman/Audio.aspx
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

I think it was during the second show that he was talking about spending time in Mississauga when he was growing up. I thought he was joking but I guess not.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Bought myself an 8"x8" frame at Michaels yesterday and was bored today so I mocked up some photos for the frame.

I took a few of the photos from Jo that had my girlfriend and I and a few of our favourite Jack photos from the Toronto Oct.3rd show where we got the pic and made an arrangement. I am not great at photoshop but just wanted to figure something out to arrange the photos and the pick/ticket from that night.

I will post the real frame and photos once I am finished when I get home later this week.

Any thoughts on the idea?

maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Looks good to me! Post pics of the finished product
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

maxman142001 wrote:Looks good to me! Post pics of the finished product
Thanks dude!!!

I have the pick and my ticket back at home and I am at my girlfriends all weekend, so now I'm itching to get home and put this thing together!

Will definitely post photos when I am finished though :)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That looks like a terrific memento, Ryan. What do you have in mind for the frame?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:That looks like a terrific memento, Ryan. What do you have in mind for the frame?
I just bought a simple black frame (flat profile) that holds an 8x8 photo. I bought a black mat for the background and will individually cut out the photos and stick them on the matte as shown in the photo. I will probably just use double sided tape for the photos so they dont move, but just have the ticket and pick loosely in place so that they dont get ruined or stick to anything.

I went with a frame that was similar to all the poster frames from Michaels that I have because I will be hanging this up next to the two Toronto posters as well as my other Jack posters and items ive gathered from concerts
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I am at my girlfriends right now and have to wait to go back home and get my ticket and pick to put it all together...that's why right now I just mocked it up on photoshop so I could figure out an arrangement and photo sizes
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I finally got my frame put together with the Toronto Show photos with My girlfriend and I in them as well as the Pick from that night and our ticket.

There is a MASSIVE glare in her room and I only have my phone and not my DSLR so not much I can do about the horrible photo quality.

Here is the finished product (The walls are green but look pukey and yellow)

Here is what it looks like from my photoshop version of it to see it without all the glare

gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

arewhyehen wrote:I finally got my frame put together with the Toronto Show photos with My girlfriend and I in them as well as the Pick from that night and our ticket.

There is a MASSIVE glare in her room and I only have my phone and not my DSLR so not much I can do about the horrible photo quality.

Here is the finished product (The walls are green but look pukey and yellow)

Here is what it looks like from my photoshop version of it to see it without all the glare

It looks incredible! Nice job.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Nice memento Ryan!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

7th_son wrote:Nice memento Ryan!
I think the girlfriend is kidnapping this one...haha