Jack White @ Track 29, Chattanooga, TN 03/10/12

Worldwide - Since 2012
love_islander
Little People

Re: Jack White @ Track 29, Chattanooga, TN 03/10/12

Post by love_islander »

higherlimits wrote:how is it always all girls on the rail at shows? I never understand it, every show I go to it's ALL girls on the rail...
it's because they think they can get away with pushing in. Not at my shows! :twisted:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

love_islander wrote:
higherlimits wrote:how is it always all girls on the rail at shows? I never understand it, every show I go to it's ALL girls on the rail...
it's because they think they can get away with pushing in. Not at my shows! :twisted:
Not all of them do that. Some of us put in the time in line to earn our spot.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

love_islander wrote:
Ditto.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Just FYI, the majority of the women you see on the rail in that photo were in line waaaaaaay before any guys showed up :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Kali Durga wrote:
love_islander wrote:
Ditto. Hey, you get in line at 6 a.m., you can be on the rail, too. I've never pushed in in my life.

Also, the two little girls next to me were there because a kind Swirler let them stand in front of him. ;)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:
love_islander wrote:
When I go to a show with my girlfriend, I either am next to her on the rail or let her on the rail so I can put my hands on each side of her and protect her from idiots pushing or whatever else. This way I also get something to lean on and don't bother a stranger. Maybe a lot of boyfriends and husbands do this as well?!?! Haha
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

arewhyehen wrote: When I go to a show with my girlfriend, I either am next to her on the rail or let her on the rail so I can put my hands on each side of her and protect her from idiots pushing or whatever else. This way I also get something to lean on and don't bother a stranger. Maybe a lot of boyfriends and husbands do this as well?!?! Haha
I do EXACTLY that, she's on the rail and I've got my arms on both side of her, that way she can watch unbothered and I can deal with the riff-raff

I'm going to the Black Keys in a couple of months and bought floors GA tickets for us and another couple and had to convince the other girl that she'd be fine on the rail using that technique.. apparently she's had some terrible GA experiences. now we just have to worry about what time to get there. I don't think more than 15-30 minutes before doors open is needed to be honest... people are far more reasonable here :) I showed up the The White Stripes show slightly before doors opened in Calgary and was first in and on the rail...
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I do that with my wife. Stand behind them that way I can keep the pushing away to some degree and that way she gets a better view.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

My wife doesn't go to shows so I am free to crack skulls as I wish.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

rsimms3 wrote:My wife doesn't go to shows so I am free to crack skulls as I wish.
We very short women don't tend to have a lot of luck with that technique, though, so when we go to shows solo, best to get there early, get ourselves a spot where we can actually see something other than the back of someone's shirt, and fend for ourselves against the shovers, crowdsurfers, and moshers.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This crowd was surprisingly tame, at least where I was standing. I was all set to brace my arms against the barrier once Jack stepped on stage, but I didn't get shoved even once and had plenty of room. Was quite nice.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Boo for tame crowds. At least for something loud and energetic..
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Oh, we were loud alright. Folks were just very considerate and not shoving each other around. Again, though, that's just where I was standing up front. I've no clue what was going on elsewhere.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:Oh, we were loud alright. Folks were just very considerate and not shoving each other around. Again, though, that's just where I was standing up front. I've no clue what was going on elsewhere.
Very tame at the front where I was as well.
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

good times
Hi