shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Carl Perkins Civic Center on October 10th

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Our friend Miranda got early entry tonight and Mandy will be her +1!! :D
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Our friend Miranda got early entry tonight and Mandy will be her +1!! :D
Congrats!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Looks like I finally get the Freedom at 21 tour sleeve. :)
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Well, looks like I won't get anything. Mandy said they opened the door for early entry and wouldn't open up the merch table. They got a great spot down front for the show but no tour sleeve for me. Been having a run of bad luck lately. Bummed.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Actually, god bless her, I just got a text. She said they're in the merch line with about 30 people ahead of them. Other early entry winners promised to keep their spots up front. I really hope she doesn't miss out on front row for me.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

She said there's one guy doing merch and he was eating a sandwich with everything roped off, not opening up for anything when early entry got inside.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Whew... She got her spot back. All's well that ends well. Enjoy the show everyone!

GREAT spot too! WHOA!!!!

Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

Fantastic show! Buzzards played. Opened with Sixteen Saltines. Ground literally shook during several songs including "When I Hear My Name"

Great, great, great show!
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

She didn't get a poster so I have no idea what it looked like or who printed it. Got some answers? haha
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

shaneoftheroad wrote:She didn't get a poster so I have no idea what it looked like or who printed it. Got some answers? haha
Got a poster after the show. It's in the tube and all I got was a quick glance. I believe it's black with a blue dragon? Sorry, I quickly put it in a tube. Did she get you your tour edition?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

She sure did. Risked her cozy spot up front for it too. :)

Drove me crazy living vicariously but I'm glad one of us got to see the show. If he ends the tour in Nashville we'll both be there no doubt.
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

shaneoftheroad wrote:She sure did. Risked her cozy spot up front for it too. :)

Drove me crazy living vicariously but I'm glad one of us got to see the show. If he ends the tour in Nashville we'll both be there no doubt.
Good, glad you got one!
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Badass as usual with Jack tonight. The Buzzards played and they jammed out just about every song. Even Love Interruption had some badass breakdowns. The crowd was doing the 7NA chant for a minute there between the main set and the encore. There were no slip mats and no I'm Shakin' singles (although I guess it's established those won't be out for another week at least.) A low quality version of the poster is below (Whalen, numbered out of 255), and here's the setlist for anybody interested:

Sixteen Saltines
Cannon/John the Revelator/Cannon
When I Hear My Name (tease)/Hello Operator
Love Interruption
Top Yourself
I Cut Like a Buffalo
I Guess I Should Go To Sleep
Hotel Yorba
Blunderbuss
The Same Boy You've Always Known
The Hardest Button to Button
Steady As She Goes

E:
Freedom @ 21
You Know That I Know
We're Going to be Friends
Take Me With You When You Go
Stop Breaking Down
7 Nation Army

Last edited by ellisintransit on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Stop breaking down! :o

Was it the full song or just an intro to 7NA?
Patient B1003
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Jack seemed a little preoccupied at this show but he stopped in the middle somewhere and said... You all need to come to Tulsa... Will you come to Tulsa with me?? the crowd went wild of course....

the best thing about this show was that not a single person felt jack was just pushing through old songs for the sake of kicking down a set and making his money as a fine craftsman... he proved that an artist will continue to hone and design the current project to specific choices of style and sound within the parameters of any given situation

Stop Breaking Down was played in entirety ... whats more is that Love Interruption had all new lyrics... not sure anyone could have caught them all but at one point he let the song run on while he went back and read the rest of its new lyrics... there was about 2 verses of a bob dylan song Isis?? One More Cup of Coffee??? in the middle of blunderbuss which blew my mind entirely .... an entirely new tempo and delivery for Hardest Button to Button to the degree that i thought it was a dub take off at a certain point ... Same Boy Youve Always Known was a magic moment

Jacks foray into Jazz and its outtakes was clear this night and the buzzards are now a distinctly different sound and set of explorations than the peacocks due to the willingness of jack to let Ikey and Daru completely take over at times and also there was a distinct flavor of the Bluegrass that Fats and Corey bring to the table frequently... no doubt in my mind that Jack is pushing himself to grow as a musician and working the edges of where electric guitar contrasts tradition

one of the best moments of the night was when jack called the fellas to the center of the stage and did a traditional bluegrass line up where each of them played their own feature run/solo as a part of We Are Gonna Be Friends
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow