Jack White at the Orange Peel, Asheville, NC May 19

Worldwide - Since 2012
Grimtale
Little People

Re: Jack White at the Orange Peel, Asheville, NC May 19

Post by Grimtale »

Same here, I was in within seconds, no way they sold out in 30 seconds....
I am in search of 2 or 4 tix for this show
Grim
I am everything you hate...
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

"Asheville fans mob Orange Peel for Jack White tickets

ASHEVILLE — It only took a heartbeat for the Orange Peel to sell out a May 19 concert by rock star guitarist Jack White.

A long line formed outside the Biltmore Avenue music room this morning hours before tickets went on sale. Orange Peel management soon posted a notice on Facebook urging no more fans to join the line.
When sales began at 1p.m., the eTix ticket sales site was mobbed, and all 1,050 tickets were quickly gone, leaving many fans angry and venting on Facebook. Over 10,000 fans tried to buy tickets, Orange Peel management posted.
This is White’s first show here since 2001, when his duo The White Stripes played at the old Stella Blue music club."

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20 ... tainment|p
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Well, if one (or preferably three) of them have a serious but painless and non-fatal accident and need to dispose of their tickets, I don't mind helping out.

Edit: OK, my friends got Stubhub tickets, I now only need one person to be temporarily incapacitated . . . .
jennwebb
Little Bird

Post by jennwebb »

I'll be there! Got tickets in the presale. I live here, so if you have any questions about the area, I can help.
jennwebb
Little Bird

Post by jennwebb »

BluefordT wrote:Love the town and the venue, seen many shows there.

If you are hungry, go to Early Girl Eatery!!!

http://earlygirleatery.com/

My fave-
Shrimp and Grits$10.00
Jumbo shrimp sautéed in a spicy brown sauce with peppers, green onions, tomato and andouille sausage over stone-ground grits
Another great place is Tupelo Honey, veggie biscuits an gravy!!! yummmmmmmmmmm

Both are within walking distance of the Peel.

Barley's Taproom has 24 beers on tap, just diagonal from the venue!!! great pizza too!

You may have to buy a $1.00 "membership" but Broadway's is a great little bar with PBR in bottles, nice dirty little pool hall/venue, and a great outdoors area.

Hope everyone has fun!
Good suggestions- hiya Blueford!
jero
Little Bird

Post by jero »

Hi there, i do alot of work in Aheville and here's the scoop:

beer: The Wedge brewery: nice folks mad room and great beer they brew in house, cheap..
Thirsty Monk: a short walk from the peel. Upstairs has American craft beers on tap..crazy selection. Downstairs has all Belgian brews on tap
Highand Brewery and Troy ans Sons Distillery: great beer with a huge tasting room, Troy's has small batch corn whisky made on site..with a tasting room as well
Food: Curate: Awesome Spanish small plates..literally a block from the peel
Zambra: My boys' crazy inventive menu is always fun: beef heart tacos, sweetbreads general tso's style, pork belly, etc, etc,..downtown Asheville(Jack has eaten there a few times over the years)
Admiral: Another great place for laid back atmosphere and top notch , well crafted food.. West Asheville
Arcade: Yup, an arcade with old school and new school video games, skee ball, burgers, dogs, etc..1 block from the peel.
Fun Shit: Lotso outdoor activities, waterfalls, navitat has a crazy zipline course, the Blueridge Parkway surrounds the city..beautiful scenery

Some cheaper downtown hotels are seedy..spots in Biltmore village are 5 mins from the venue, somewhat affordable and clean. The mountaineer Inn is an old motel that has good rates and a quick cab ride to the peel. Swank spot for the high rollers: The Grand Bohemian Hotel...nice place huge tubs for two..nice bar and good food. The Sweet pea hostel in downtown is very clean affordable, wi-fi..aaaand sits above another brew pub in town, the LAB..Lexington Ave. Brewery. Beer is drinkable, food is good, live music till late and the place is very cool..nice huge patio on the street...

Weather in Mid May can be warm, but always a breeze.. see you there.
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

Wife and I are iso tix for this..please help
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Musicsoul78
Little Bird

Post by Musicsoul78 »

Hi All~ A friend and I will be at this show, would anyone be interested in a Swirler meet-up beforehand?
Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Post by Maldoror17 »

After reading this thread I guess I got lucky getting one ticket.... Can't wait to see this show the set lists look unreal.

I will be driving 7hr so not sure I can do a meetup before the show but I plan to spend Sunday in Asheville taking in the sights and eats :D
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

OK, I might have to do the Moog factory tour while in Asheville (oooo, theremins...or theremin...what's the plural of theremin??): http://moogmusic.com/content/visit-moog
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

See all you peeps there!
Grim
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

we gonna hear Carolina Drama here?
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I hope so
Grim
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

still in need of a couple tickets to the show...rsd vinyl and a 3rd anniv part poster for trade...
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

You can do that swap easily. Throw up your liquid filled RSD on ebay or swirl. Take the money to stubhub. They have tix, not cheap but they have them.
Grim