Jack White at Red Rocks, Colorado, Aug 8th

Worldwide - Since 2012
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White at Red Rocks, Colorado, Aug 8th

Post by Kali Durga »

Alabama Woody wrote:Do you have plans to see another show? How many does this make? I have seen five. Think I'm done for now, need to refill my wallet!
Omaha and Red Rocks were 6 and 7 for me. Both nights at Radio City are coming up. My savings account has been wiped out, but I still went and put three Red Rocks poster auctions on my eBay watch list this afternoon. Such a junkie... I can think of much worse things to o.d. on, though.

Oh, and aquamarine's been to more shows than I have, darn her ;)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Red Rocks was my first and probably only show on this tour. But this was the best venue possible. The atmosphere was amazing. Went straight to ebay when I got back to he hotel and bought a poster!
mhcox
Little Cream Soda

Post by mhcox »

If anyone has or finds an audio recording from this show, it would be greatly appreciated if you would share it. What a night!!!
when roles are reversed, opinions are too.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

For some reason Firefox won't let me quote posts, so--

Omaha and Red Rocks were shows 8 and 9 for me, and it's really been a trip to see how both bands are evolving. I'm not addicted, though, I'm deep denial about that.

Also, if you look at the lttle blue figure in front of the stage in Obliquitous's second pic, that's Jack's mom signing autographs. :D
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

man... yall got it bad but i couldnt think of a better thing to get it bad for... or something like that :lol: Red Rocks is such a great backdrop that i am going to include a bit of the landscape in my Dead Weather painting that i am working on... been waiting for the photos to come out

Hope all is going swimmingly in the little room... send my regrets and apologies and hellows to the people with a heart over there along with a few funny faces and some sideways glances... ps. i do want my poetry back because that should not be kept from me especially when i didnt even get an explanation as to why i got sent on holiday... fact is that i deserve to keep my art no matter who owns the website

i will post my sketches of jack at red rocks here for folks who find such things fascinating
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Do you have plans to see another show? How many does this make? I have seen five. Think I'm done for now, need to refill my wallet!
Omaha and Red Rocks were 6 and 7 for me. Both nights at Radio City are coming up. My savings account has been wiped out, but I still went and put three Red Rocks poster auctions on my eBay watch list this afternoon. Such a junkie... I can think of much worse things to o.d. on, though.

Oh, and aquamarine's been to more shows than I have, darn her ;)
Wow, I am so jealous, wish I could go to more. You two are really lucky to get to see so many shows! My son is starting college, I'm trying not to go bankrupt. Have fun at Radio City, that's the only other venue I am dyeing to go to. Dammit. :D
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

chrono_1980 wrote:Red Rocks was my first and probably only show on this tour. But this was the best venue possible. The atmosphere was amazing. Went straight to ebay when I got back to he hotel and bought a poster!
I think you picked the best venue to go see Jack. His shows are getting better as each one passes by. I think you nailed it with timing and the venue. Sorry you had to go to Ebay to get a poster, but glad you got one to remember the show!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Aquamarine wrote:For some reason Firefox won't let me quote posts, so--

Omaha and Red Rocks were shows 8 and 9 for me, and it's really been a trip to see how both bands are evolving. I'm not addicted, though, I'm deep denial about that.

Also, if you look at the lttle blue figure in front of the stage in Obliquitous's second pic, that's Jack's mom signing autographs. :D
You suck.........just kidding!!!! Keep up the good work, it's been awhile since I bumped into you. I saw Jack's mom at the merch counter of all places, as soon as we got in we went to the merch booth and there she was, wonder if she keeps an eye out on the business side of things?

You are definitely addicted, but like Kali said, you could be addicted to something much worse. Denial is O.K. though, keeps the motor running.

It has been fun to see the evolution of Jack and the bands, wish I could see more down the road.

You should post more :D
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:man... yall got it bad but i couldnt think of a better thing to get it bad for... or something like that :lol: Red Rocks is such a great backdrop that i am going to include a bit of the landscape in my Dead Weather painting that i am working on... been waiting for the photos to come out

Hope all is going swimmingly in the little room... send my regrets and apologies and hellows to the people with a heart over there along with a few funny faces and some sideways glances... ps. i do want my poetry back because that should not be kept from me especially when i didnt even get an explanation as to why i got sent on holiday... fact is that i deserve to keep my art no matter who owns the website

i will post my sketches of jack at red rocks here for folks who find such things fascinating
You should post your artwork and poetry. Don't let anyone bring you down, I am fascinated (I don't think I have ever used that word in a sentence before)
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

you should go retrieve it for me over there in that little room in the poetry section... im blocked out
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:you should go retrieve it for me over there in that little room in the poetry section... im blocked out

I do not see a poetry section. pm me with a header to look under, not real familiar with the site. I could copy and paste and pm it to you. Later tonight I am going to check out the little room a little more, maybe I will stumble across it.

Woody
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

A glowing but slightly strange review of the Red Rocks show:
http://303magazine.com/2012/08/rock-rol ... -or-white/
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Jeez, everything he says about the band is just ridiculous, especially this part . . . a gaggle of head banging babes on pedal steel, fiddle, bass, keys, drums, and tambourine. The combination of the girls in black lipstick sporting bed-head mops under the constant blue strobe lights made the amphitheater stage look like something out of a Tim Burton folk-rock opera with a cast of co-star prom queens who missed their salon appointments. :?
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Aquamarine wrote:Jeez, everything he says about the band is just ridiculous, especially this part . . . a gaggle of head banging babes on pedal steel, fiddle, bass, keys, drums, and tambourine. The combination of the girls in black lipstick sporting bed-head mops under the constant blue strobe lights made the amphitheater stage look like something out of a Tim Burton folk-rock opera with a cast of co-star prom queens who missed their salon appointments. :?
Yeah. :lol:

I've been seeing quite a few 'odd' reviews out there lately. Like this one, wherein we learn that Jack White has had a string of hit songs, one after another, and is famous for his "outrageous stage attire":
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... story.html

I'm not sure which is more outrageous, those recklessly flamboyant black t-shirts and jeans combinations, or the wild-and-crazy tailored suits with jackets and ties. Why can't he dress more conservatively, like Prince or David Bowie or Freddie Mercury or Boy George? And if he's had a steady string of "hit" songs, then it seems that nobody has bothered to inform the radio stations, because I seldom hear any of his bands on the radio. I'm thrilled if local stations happen to remember to play Seven Nation Army once every month or two.

My impression is that there are quite a few 'entertainment' writers who are just now waking up and realizing that Jack White is Somebody Important in Music, even if they're not entirely sure why or how or even when that happened; and in trying to catch up they go jumping on the bandwagon with foot in mouth.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson