Jack White at Red Rocks, Colorado, Aug 8th

Worldwide - Since 2012
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White at Red Rocks, Colorado, Aug 8th

Post by maxman142001 »

PugFaceRex wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Wow what a day, was hanging out at the local record store when we got the tweet to go to the gas station! Drove the dogshit out of the rental car, made it in time, dropped off the wife and she and my son got 1 foot from Jack and the boys! I parked the car and got a good place to stand as well! Did not try to get a bolt, they only had 20.

Got to Red Rocks, got in line about 100 back, lots of those folks were early for the general admission seats.
We were able to get a poster, it's cool, very cool. In my seat now, waiting for the show to start. Well that's all for now, love my magic phone, without it would have never found the B show
did you take any pictures of the stage or the venue in general that you can post?
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

maxman142001 wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Wow what a day, was hanging out at the local record store when we got the tweet to go to the gas station! Drove the dogshit out of the rental car, made it in time, dropped off the wife and she and my son got 1 foot from Jack and the boys! I parked the car and got a good place to stand as well! Did not try to get a bolt, they only had 20.

Got to Red Rocks, got in line about 100 back, lots of those folks were early for the general admission seats.
We were able to get a poster, it's cool, very cool. In my seat now, waiting for the show to start. Well that's all for now, love my magic phone, without it would have never found the B show
did you take any pictures of the stage or the venue in general that you can post?
Wow.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

This wasnt taken yesterday but now you get the idea of why Woody traveled all that way to see Jack :)
One of the best venues in the states for sure.
Last edited by maxman142001 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Wow, that is impressive!
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

That is a great picture, but it really doesn't do it justice! The acoustics alone make it worth the trip!!
It looks phenomenal at night!
Anyone who hasn't been to Red Rocks, YOU MUST GO!!
Safety first...then teamwork
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

The place was packed! There weren't enough seats for everyone and a ton of people were standing along the sides. Got there early enough to get closer to the front. Here's a few crappy iphone pics.

Entrance stairs

Stage

Jack!
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

My wife has some great pictures from the B show and a few from the venue, I will have to get home and will post some pictures, slept in this morning, got to get my act together, very sadly, I have to leave now.

I have seen Jack 5 times now, Chattanooga was the first time I saw White Stripe songs performed live, that left quite the impression on me. The show at Red Rocks blew all the others away, by far. Maybe it was the view, the acoustics, the friendly people, the medicinal marijuana, the great weather, but the setlist was insane. I loved it! I think I am through going to see Jack for this tour, oh shit, who am I kidding if he comes back close to home.....I am there.

I must mention that Kali is by far the most devoted fan we have visit the forums. I don't care what you say, I have seen her at every show I have been to. She arrives first at the venues, she gets font row center in general admission, every time. She doesn't worry about the merchandise, so she will not win any collector awards,(I don't think) but she is the most devoted fan I have met. I give you two thumbs up girl, you rock. It would not be the same if I went to a show and did not bump into you.

Got to go,will do pm's and post more later.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Obliquitous wrote:The place was packed! There weren't enough seats for everyone and a ton of people were standing along the sides. Got there early enough to get closer to the front. Here's a few crappy iphone pics.

Entrance stairs

Stage

Jack!
That is a great venue. Been to quite a few shows there and poached a couple as well 8-) Looks like you were blessed with great weather too. That's a definite plus.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Alabama Woody wrote:I must mention that Kali is by far the most devoted fan we have visit the forums. ... I give you two thumbs up girl, you rock. It would not be the same if I went to a show and did not bump into you.
Awwww, Scott, you're the biggest sweetheart on the forum. I'm so glad that you were able to be at the show and have such a fantastic experience with your family. I dunno if I'd qualify as "most devoted fan", though. "Most addicted" would probably be more accurate.

And, actually, I am starting to get hooked on those damned posters. Anyone got an extra from this show...?

Obliquitous wrote: Entrance stairs
We lined up at the top of those stairs! And, man, Red Rocks is a rough place to get up front. Between the multiple entrances and the stairs and the fact that people apparently have no clue about line etiquette, I'm still in shock that I got the seat that I did. We were there crazy early in the morning (though a handful of folks were even crazier than us), sat in the heat all day (under a tarp erected by DenialTwister, bless his kilt-wearing heart), and then a couple hours before doors all these people came swarming up the stairs from nowhere and clustered around us. Took a mad dash up more stairs to get through bag-check and ticket scanning and then into the venue, while people were pouring in from the other entrances at the same time. Fortunately, memories of Pokey and the South City Three, Jack, and the beauty of the venue are more likely to last in my brain than the rest of the day.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

How was Fell in Live With a Girl?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It was good. Slow version, if my addled brain remembers correctly. Cannon/John the Revelator was one of the songs that really blew me away, though. The lighting effects were phenomenal-- The backstage area had been black through the beginning of the show, but on that song they began alternating in time with the beat of the drum between blackness and a wash of blue light across the wall of rocks behind the stage, with the big blue III banners hanging in front. Very powerful.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

New background....check

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ That's a gorgeous shot. I still can't get over the effect of the lights on those rocks. It was everything I expected from what I'd heard about that venue, and then some.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Thanks Kali, you are definitely addicted, me too. Hope we don't O.D. Shit, I think I did at Red Rocks. Can't believe you were not first to the venue, your slipping. :D

Do you have plans to see another show? How many does this make? I have seen five. Think I'm done for now, need to refill my wallet!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody