Mayan Theater LA, April 30th

Worldwide - Since 2012
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Re: Mayan Theater LA, April 30th

Post by sandmaniac3 »

ochfish707 wrote:
Grandpadan wrote:
During i think the third song, a chain motor from the house left speaker stack (that hits the balcony) fell! it was a few feet in front of me, it was kinda freaky. someone forgot to put it in the motor bag i guess. could have really hurt someone, not sure if it did. but they got someone to pull it back up from the grid.
confirmed, Jack is trying to kill people at these shows.
That is part of signing with Columbia. They figure dead people at shows will increase the hype and sell more albums. :lol:

Although an American Gladiator style concert might be fun. You have to dodge the tennis ball guns while rocking out. There would be things to climb on to get a better view, but that would make you a target.
Has everything you said today been true?
Grandpadan
Little Bird

Post by Grandpadan »

sandmaniac3 wrote:Was there an opening act?
yes. it was a 5 piece mexican band. a guy on accordion. another on upright bass. a bongo player. a cowbell player and a guy with the instrument that you scratch with a stick (sounds like a shaker, but i dont know the name of it.) they sang in all spanish for about 30 min. it was kinda odd but entertaining. they were locals from LA.
ISO: money to buy more records.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

sandmaniac3 wrote:
ochfish707 wrote:
Grandpadan wrote:
During i think the third song, a chain motor from the house left speaker stack (that hits the balcony) fell! it was a few feet in front of me, it was kinda freaky. someone forgot to put it in the motor bag i guess. could have really hurt someone, not sure if it did. but they got someone to pull it back up from the grid.
confirmed, Jack is trying to kill people at these shows.
That is part of signing with Columbia. They figure dead people at shows will increase the hype and sell more albums. :lol:

Although an American Gladiator style concert might be fun. You have to dodge the tennis ball guns while rocking out. There would be things to climb on to get a better view, but that would make you a target.
how bout just Gladiator style? bows and arrows? lions and tigers?
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
jsteinb
Little Bird

Post by jsteinb »

candycaneboy03 wrote: there's alternate slipmat colors (baby blue background) but those are a hush hush secret apparently...(i'll explain more maybe later..)
Woah, just noticed I ended up with one of these from the NY show. Totally didn't even notice it was different. Are these suppose to be way more limited than the regular black ones?
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

jsteinb wrote:
candycaneboy03 wrote: there's alternate slipmat colors (baby blue background) but those are a hush hush secret apparently...(i'll explain more maybe later..)
Woah, just noticed I ended up with one of these from the NY show. Totally didn't even notice it was different. Are these suppose to be way more limited than the regular black ones?
Not sure if they are different in quantity or anything. But I love that blue and I want one of those. Like I said, I would love to trade for a blue one!
Has everything you said today been true?