Random news/magazine articles on Jack White

snippets and snails
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Random news/magazine articles on Jack White

Post by Kali Durga »

There are some interesting tidbits and it's cool to hear these musician speak about their experiences with Jack. Just all-round really good interviews.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Just gonna put this here, a little something a friend just turned me onto to prevent clickbait sites from getting high search engine rankings-- http://www.donotlink.com/
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Kali Durga wrote:Just gonna put this here, a little something a friend just turned me onto to prevent clickbait sites from getting high search engine rankings-- http://www.donotlink.com/
This is extremely useful! Thanks!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Didn't know where else to put this..if it even needed to be any where at all. Saw this guitar at L'Olympia in Paris after the EODM show. It's signed by a few really cool artists. Steve Vai, Jack....

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I can't stop giggling over the reports showing up in the blogosphere this week about "Ultra-Rare Jack White Record FOUND! (Inside a Sofa!)". Apparently Uncut.co.uk dug up TMR's news post from 2014 (they even included a link to it) and combined it with talk about American Epic, then NME picked up on it, then some international "news" sources posted it, and now it's slowly making its rounds to more sources. Journalism at its finest!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I can't stop giggling over the reports showing up in the blogosphere this week about "Ultra-Rare Jack White Record FOUND! (Inside a Sofa!)". Apparently Uncut.co.uk dug up TMR's news post from 2014 (they even included a link to it) and combined it with talk about American Epic, then NME picked up on it, then some international "news" sources posted it, and now it's slowly making its rounds to more sources. Journalism at its finest!

I saw that too. I even gave it a read thinking more people found them...nope.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Of course I read it, too, for the same reason. But what I find is funny is that both NME and Uncut probably reported on the story back in 2014 and they're obviously trying to make this seem new. Did they forget? Or do they think people who read them forget?

And we should all remember to use donotlink.com to read them all. Shoddy journalism doesn't deserve to be rewarded with good search page results.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It's not a magazine article, but TMR just announced that Jack is interviewed by Jim Carter in a film about Lonnie Donegan to be broadcast this Sunday night on ITV-- http://www.artisan-pictures.co.uk/proje ... an-and-me/

Anyone familiar with ITV?
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

^ They broadcast live on their website if you have Tunnelbear. You will need to create an account with any UK zip code that you find on-line. UK time is +5h EDT. Probably available for repeat watching on ITV Player after broadcast.

http://www.itv.com/hub/itv
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

dunedin wrote:^ They broadcast live on their website if you have Tunnelbear. You will need to create an account with any UK zip code that you find on-line. UK time is +5h EDT. Probably available for repeat watching on ITV Player after broadcast.

http://www.itv.com/hub/itv
Ah, that's pretty much what I had assumed/hoped. Also saw that there's apparently an iTunes app. I don't do iTunes, but I have done Tunnelbear. Thanks.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

arewhyehen wrote:Didn't know where else to put this..if it even needed to be any where at all. Saw this guitar at L'Olympia in Paris after the EODM show. It's signed by a few really cool artists. Steve Vai, Jack....

I see Benson and Jackson on there too. Pretty cool.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

dylnfan wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Didn't know where else to put this..if it even needed to be any where at all. Saw this guitar at L'Olympia in Paris after the EODM show. It's signed by a few really cool artists. Steve Vai, Jack....

I see Benson and Jackson on there too. Pretty cool.
I was looking at this picture full screen, I don't think they pulled the protective plastic off the pickguard. I think you could peel Jack's signature right off that guitar.....

And I couldn't find Michael Jackson's signature anywhere on that guitar.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Also this - thirdmanrecordsofficial Catch a special interview with #JackWhite & #JimCarter from #DowntonAbbey in #LonnieDonegan & Me this Sunday, April 17 on @ITV
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:Also this - thirdmanrecordsofficial Catch a special interview with #JackWhite & #JimCarter from #DowntonAbbey in #LonnieDonegan & Me this Sunday, April 17 on @ITV
You mean this?
Kali Durga wrote:It's not a magazine article, but TMR just announced that Jack is interviewed by Jim Carter in a film about Lonnie Donegan to be broadcast this Sunday night on ITV-- http://www.artisan-pictures.co.uk/proje ... an-and-me/

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Also this - thirdmanrecordsofficial Catch a special interview with #JackWhite & #JimCarter from #DowntonAbbey in #LonnieDonegan & Me this Sunday, April 17 on @ITV
You mean this?
Kali Durga wrote:It's not a magazine article, but TMR just announced that Jack is interviewed by Jim Carter in a film about Lonnie Donegan to be broadcast this Sunday night on ITV-- http://www.artisan-pictures.co.uk/proje ... an-and-me/

Well....yeah. I suppose. No, I didn't read all the posts..... :sadface:
ITV is a commercial TV network in the United Kingdom. Launched in 1955 as Independent Television under the auspices of the Independent Television Authority to provide competition to the BBC, it is also the oldest commercial network in the UK.
Not sure if they have geo-restrictions or not, but you can sign up for an account and watch stuff if they don't.