Go on... Flame me.

snippets and snails
The Milkman
Little Cream Soda

Re: Go on... Flame me.

Post by The Milkman »

dmdv1 wrote:Next time he plays near you buy a friggin ticket and make your own mind up
^^^^ exactly what i was thinking. :)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ISO: Jack White/Loretta Lynn Nashville Hatch Show Print Poster. 1/28
DBMTB
Little Bird

Post by DBMTB »

Surprised we got this far and nobody wrote "Grumpy Old Man". You're all far too kind.

Thanks for the viewpoints.

What swung the decision for me (apart from the fact that I am very busy and the trips were midweek) was being unimpressed by the new versions of the old songs. I've not enjoyed what I've seen on the net and not feeling the love from Vault 14.

Would love to see a show with all new material though.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

dmdv1 wrote:Next time he plays near you buy a friggin ticket and make your own mind up
I can't keep following you around and +1ing you all the time.
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

I, too, am not super impressed with the reworked versions of old songs... but NEVER turn down an opportunity to see Jack White. That's just a rule to live by.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

This thread seems like a challenge of sorts for us to continue to reflect on what about the tour we loved or liked or possibly missed in some ways so that one fan to another might create a better understanding of where its all headed for jack relative to how long he was 'perceived to be out of the game' or something ... lots of folks here just see jack as an artist in process and i have to stick with that perspective myself... jack is a study
ymagirl wrote:I, too, am not super impressed with the reworked versions of old songs... but NEVER turn down an opportunity to see Jack White. That's just a rule to live by.
taking the time to decide what you loved about the white stripes doesnt have to take anything away from just seeing the evolution of a style emerge and celebrating those amazing moments such as 'Catch Hell Blues' just one more time... that shit was real and happened... and was good

possibly jack feels the same way as you DB and maybe what happened on the tour was this subtle agreement between fans and artist that there is more to take in and work through... i have never thought of one moment as the quintessential anything so much as i think of the series of events as a wave of thorough 'engrossment' in how cool all the ideas were put together... my suggestion is to go watch all the live captures and decide

and then dont miss the next round of shows because you know there are gonna be more than a few to come with lots of professionals who still have confidence in jack and are actually good artists in their own right with him

youre never too old to rock and youre never too stereotyped to listen again
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow