LIB on Great Gatsby soundtrack

snippets and snails
DBMTB
Little Bird

LIB on Great Gatsby soundtrack

Post by DBMTB »

Went to see the Hobbit over New Year and JWs version of Love is Blindness was used pretty extensively over the trailer for Great Gatsby.

It would have been a hit on its own if it was released as an A-side.
higherlimits
Little People

Re: LIB on Great Gatsby soundtrack

Post by higherlimits »

Jack White's stuff seems to be everywhere in movies, someone does a really good job getting his music used. There were two songs in Silver Linings Playbook: Hello Operator and Fell in love with a Girl.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

On one of the new Gangster Squad TV promos they use Hang You From The Heavens.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

higherlimits wrote:Jack White's stuff seems to be everywhere in movies, someone does a really good job getting his music used. There were two songs in Silver Linings Playbook: Hello Operator and Fell in love with a Girl.
I don't want to derail the thread to bad, but how was Silver Linings Playbook? I am really considering shelling out the cost of a movie ticket to see it on the big screen.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

It's good, i don't know if it's a big-screen movie though, having people talking on a bigger screen doesn't add anything to it if you can watch it on a smaller screen for free..

I don't really have any feedback for it, I thought it was good but I like a lot of indie stuff that most people don't.. It was tough to take Jennifer Lawrence seriously as an adult though after the Hunger Games
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Yeah, I'm pretty into indie film. I was really thinking about seeing it, but I might just wait untill it's out on DVD.